• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW115: Hurry Up! The Pokémon Gulf Coast Rescue Squad!!

I hate this episode.

4 Pokémon (especially Miruhog) get the spotlight while they've been shown like a billions of times in the Best Wishes series. The plot was also very uninteresting.

Also, what's with the TRio? Not that I care, but why get the jetpack's back when they've been blasting off like 4 episodes now?

Did the writers realize they gave Nyasu way too much in-character 2 episodes ago or something?

I did not like this one 4/10 this one was out of tune and was not as funny as the other ones have been.

Anyone else notice there's a few moves the anime likes throwing at us a lot? Aerial Ace, Attract, and now Hidden Power with Jessie's Woobat?

Okay episode. I loved that Miruhog, that's a huge accomplishment for an episode to make for me because I've always thought the species was incredibly boring and as useless as every early route Normal-type that isn't Lillipup. This one was so much better than Aloe's and I loved how it was a competent dork or lovable lameass. It totally reminded me of me if I were in Pokemon form. Miruhog was strong and seemed to be better at weight-lifting than Futachimaru and seemed to be just as competent when it came to destroying those obstacles during the test run. Unfortunately Miruhog was held back by its inability to use a ranged Water-type attack to douse fires, instead of this episode being about Miruhog trying to learn Rain Dance or something Miruhog instead sticks to using Sand-Attack which sucks ass at putting out fires. I thought its antics were entertaining, believe it or not. And it was cute too.

I also liked how N seemed to learn a lesson from Hiroto and Miruhog at the end of the day when he says something about Miruhog not wanting/shouldn't be a member of a Rescue Team. Good to see Doryuzu, Mijumaru, and Kibago all do something and Mijumaru not made out to be a joke in what he did. I also loved the mini-team-up between Iris, Miruhog, Doryuzu, and N when Hiroto and the firefighters got trapped and seeing Miruhog save the day. Don't know about the Pururiru. They just sorta felt "there." Liked seeing Futachimaru, it's my favorite member of the Mijumaru line. I also liked how they all wore scarves, reminded me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. They all looked very professional yet cute. Also nice to see N's power once more and his being able to explore different dynamics between different trainers of the world. That strife between him and Hiroto was enjoyable as a subplot.

Even though the two aren't related in the slightest this episode really makes me wanna play Pokemon:Gate to Infinity.

Last edited:
It really ticks me off that Koromori gets a new move after two years and it's Hidden Power, which seems to have taken Attract's place as the writers favourite attack at the moment... don't get me wrong, it's nice the Bat actually got a new move at all, but couldn't we have got something interesting like Psyshock or Energy Ball which are both attacks that involve a ball of energy?

And yeah, it sucks that Miruhogu gets a spotlight episode since it's appeared a ton of times before and wasn't that interesting in the first place. I understand the need for fillers, but couldn't they have chosen something slightly more interesting... hell, Zoroark and Shibibeel haven't appeared in the show yet. Let's give one of those a moment in the sun.

Is Hydro Pump being fired from the hands (or whatever the Pokemon may have), rather than the mouth, just the norm for that attack now? For whatever reason, that stuck out to me for than anything else in this episode. And that's probably just because this was a forgettable episode.

Its one of those meh episodes, it was ok but not one of the best episodes of this series.

PROS:
With N joining the group, the whole point of the season (and it’s opening) makes more sense. He may not blend that great with the more energetic three, but he we will prove himself great in the important episodes (I hope…)
Not only did we get Virbank City once again, we got the complex and pre-school showcased. A minor niche, indeed, but a positive one.
We got Yamask!
Watchog “extinguishing” the fire…
Cilan wasn’t involved. That apparently was good, cuz when the opposite happens, it tends to be a lot worse…
N’s role… Step 1: N is thinking, and the camera locks on his eyes. Step 2: N babbles on COTD about Pokemon something. Between 2 and 3: More thinking. Step 3: N thinks of a plan! Step 4: N’s plan works out! Between 4 and 5: More babbling. Step 5: Everyone is Happy! Great job, N! 

CONS:
Classic filler episode, even more classic firefighting plot. Still, I enjoyed it more than the two that came before it.
ASH. SCANNED. WATCHOG. AGAIN! It was not the scan that mattered, but Watchog really was the episode’s pain. It was the center of attention, and seeing its face in close was annoying. We also got a boring Dewott.
Now for the TR part… It was only in to force the rescue plot where it had to go. They didn’t even blast off, they left as soon as their job was done (aka Hiroto was trapped). Apart from that, we got Woobat again, even though Frillish is Jessie’s main (or was, the now have equal screentime!) Let alone, it learned the most used move in the anime! Even worse, we got the same motto fifth time. At least, we got Yamask!
Iris had to battle… Using Axew… Using Dragon Rage… At least she used Excadrill later on.
Not really important, but N and Watchog were like non-existant for a while…

7/10, at least it was action-full…

this episode is just bad... well Watchog gets the Darwin award for putting HIS TAIL into the FIRE... and all of the water pokemon spraying WATER into a High VOltage SUbstation. Nothing says Darwin award like 25,000 volts going through Oshawott and those other pokemon... but it was just Ughhh.

It was an alright episode. Nothing too amazing, but nothing too terrible, either. Kind of wish we'd gotten to see Homika again, though, since they're in her city and all.

It was nice that Iris and the others remembered Luke and PokeWood.

When Meeruhog showed off Strength and Cut, I was like "Oh...is this show going to have its first HM Slave? That'd be interesting." But unfortunately that didn't turn out to be the case.

Where was N during the Rocket-Dan battle? He just sort of disappeared, didn't he?

It was an alright episode. Nothing too amazing, but nothing too terrible, either. Kind of wish we'd gotten to see Homika again, though, since they're in her city and all.

It was nice that Iris and the others remembered Luke and PokeWood.

When Meeruhog showed off Strength and Cut, I was like "Oh...is this show going to have its first HM Slave? That'd be interesting." But unfortunately that didn't turn out to be the case.

Where was N during the Rocket-Dan battle? He just sort of disappeared, didn't he?

Luke was mentioned :O?!

1. Just noticed how much time had gone in the anime. Hiroto is holding a smartphone - a mobile of these days. The advanced technology is actually shown in the anime...

2. This episode was good in itself, but N sort of disappeared at times... where was he when Ash was fighting Team Rocket?

3. I kinda expected Virgil to be mentioned, but ah well. Nothing too important.

4. Homika should've made a cameo XDD But meh, nothing too important as well.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom