• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW116: Burn, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!

I...I couldn't do it. I couldn't hold my stoic attitude.

All those flashbacks broke me.

It's like my childhood came up and punched me in the face.

That was the best thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Iris thought Lizardon was a Dragon-type! Kodomo Ne moment and funny exchange! XD

Kairyu's Dragon Rush's animation was sexy! Iris sent out her Pokemon to meet Lizardon and was really excited.

N and Dento scene together! Love those two! Those flashbacks and Kairyu towering over Lizardon!!!111

20 minutes of gratuitous fanwankery - but it was still fantastic. It had Tracey! Primeape! Koga! Everyone's favourite characters were there. Going to be so very awkward to watch dubbed. Were the flashbacks re-recorded or just reanimated?

Oh, and it may just be my lack of Japanese - but was there a reason stated as to why Charizard was back at the lab?

Wow, just wow. This episode lived up to my insane fangirl expectations in just about every sense. And ah, the memories. I must watch this again as soon as I can. And then another time after that.

Loved, absolutely loved N and Dent.

That was a pretty awesome ep. Can't believe they chucked Primeape into the flashbacks too. so awesome

Was that Unfezant Ash sent to Oak? Was that Wing Attack?

Can we all agree that if N hadn't ended the battle, Charizard would have won it?

Oh man, those flashbacks, the feels, so good.

So in this episode, we got flashbacks of:

- Tracey
- Charizard
- Brock
- Misty
- Damien
- Primeape w/ hat
- Squirtle
- Bulbasaur
- Pidgeotto
- Koga
- Poliwrath
- Liza
- Charla
- Clair's Dragonair
- Gary's Blastoise
- Noland's Articuno
- Swellow (spoken)

There's almost nothing more that episode could have done - not only Charizard reappearing, but Primeape and Pidgeotto as well, a Pokedex scene with Ash not being the stupid one and just about every flashback you'd want. I can just imagine all the effort that would have had to go into doing all that animation for this episode. And a Magikarp salesman, though no scene with N - indeed the lack of Ash doing much at the Kanto fair is the only possible negative, but that just allowed more flashbacks.

Suppose N was exploding on the inside at the concept of Pokemon wanting to battle like that.

How was Charizard going between the Charicific Valley and Oak's explained?

Charizard faces have been missed...
plOGFjd.jpg

The animation in the flashbacks bugged the hell out of me. Everyone's arms were too skinny and their heads were way too big. I wish they had used someone better.

The BW music playing over original series scenes also felt awkward, especially during Satoshi's tearful farewell at the Lizarfic Valley.

Thingamajig said:
Oh, and it may just be my lack of Japanese - but was there a reason stated as to why Charizard was back at the lab?

Orchid-Hakase had apparently gotten it sent to him from the Lizarfic Valley.

Ash's Battle Coach said:
Was that Unfezant Ash sent to Oak?

Yes. Orchid-Hakase says it'll be nice to see how it gets along with the other Flying-Types Satoshi has at the lab (Ohsubame, Mukuhawk, etc.) and how they'll probably race each other to see who's the fastest.

Ah, Dogasu, don't rain on our parade, we're just happy Lizardon's back :p

I was annoyed that they didn't fix the blue sleeve error, though.

I didn't think I could bring myself to care about the Kanto scenes. Oh how wrong I was. That flashback sequence made me ~*feel*~ things.

Guess I'm not so above nostalgia after all :T

DAISUKE LOOKS ACTUALLY SEXY IN BEST WISHES! STYLE

This is a really well done episode. The flashback's, Lizardon's return, Iris's being confused was hillarious. I haven't enjoyed a Best Wishes! episode like this in a while.

Oh and Ōkido-Hakase wasn't as boring as a few episodes back. Woo-hoo.

This was the best Birthday Gift EVER so this Episode was a complete 10/10 and this has been the BEST EPISODE OF THE YEAR YET.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom