• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW132 - Wish on Jirachi! The Seven-Day Miracle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
IU9CdjU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW133? - 6/27

Those "star" Pokemon actually all look kinda cute and it's nice to see them again. Yeah, chances are it's a filler. Give me a Masato reference and I will be extremely happy. I kinda thought we would get a Jirachi at some point, this is Best WISHES. :p Seeing those Ghost + Jirachi(In NEW animation) is gonna be crash. If it's as fun as most of the fillers in BW like the Chillacino or Hitomoshi one's I'll like it.

The title is "A Wish for Jirachi! The Seven Day Miracle" (or something about the miracle being seven days long idk).

It'll be nice to see Jirachi in a TV episode - it always annoys me when a Pokemon goes a long time without being seen in one.

Probably a Tanabata-themed episode.

I'd love them to work the full story in there somehow with like a Tauros and Leavanny in love or something.

About freakin' time writers! Jirachi first debuted in a movie in 2003, and it took them nearly TEN YEARS to debut this pokemon in an episode.

Now Manaphy and Victini need to debut.

EDIT: BW133? Since this is airing four weeks after the Professor Oak/Rotom episode, shouldn't it be BW132 instead?

Last edited:

It's about fucking time Jirachi appeared outside of a movie, what took the writers so long to do this?

So we're also going to see a Woobat, Banette, Dusknoir, and... Holy shit a Gengar?! Well, this is certainly one for me to keep an eye on.

Oh wow, this episode is gonna be so depressing after Tomiko Suzuki's (the Japanese voice of Jirachi in the 6th movie) death 10 years ago.

It'll be disgusting if Ash doesn't reference the movie.

Like, I'm honestly legit asking because I don't remember. Did Ash reference the Lati@s movie when he saw Tobias's Latios? Or mention Deoxys from the movie in the Ranger two-parter back in Hoenn?

Oh wow, this episode is gonna be so depressing after Tomiko Suzuki's (the Japanese voice of Jirachi in the 6th movie) death 10 years ago.

Besides the "canon" reason for Jirachi not appearing (which, really, doesn't strike me as being that big of a deal since I don't recall them ever saying there was only one Jirachi), I always thought that perhaps the reason Jirachi never appeared up until now was to honor Suzuki.

Like, I'm honestly legit asking because I don't remember. Did Ash reference the Lati@s movie when he saw Tobias's Latios? Or mention Deoxys from the movie in the Ranger two-parter back in Hoenn?

Yes. He recognized Latios as soon as Tobias sent it out before he Pokedex'd it. When he saw Deoxys again in Battle Frontier they even reference Prof. Lund and the Doexys from Movie 7.

Disgusting is kind of a strong word, don't you think? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the references to the movies since it establishes that they did happen (since, for some reason, the movies are non-canon until mentioned otherwise) but I can also live without them. I wasn't throwing things at the TV in anger when Ash wondered if Articuno was real during the Johto saga.

About freakin' time writers! Jirachi first debuted in a movie in 2003, and it took them nearly TEN YEARS to debut this pokemon in an episode.

Now Manaphy and Victini need to debut.
Are you forgotting that Mew has yet to appear in an anime episode? Surely the boss fantasy doesn't count. Neither should the Mastermind special, which wasn't a normal episode and involved an artificial Mew.

Last edited:

Are you forgotting that Mew has to appear in anime episode? Surely the boss fantasy doesn't count. Neither should the Mastermind special, which wasn't a normal episode and involved an artificial Mew.

I did count the boss fantasy involving Mew because that's what Bulbapedia had listed as an appearance, even if it was not a real one.

I'm not really bothered by Mew so much because the species appeared in two movies and a special as you mentioned.

Yes. He recognized Latios as soon as Tobias sent it out before he Pokedex'd it. When he saw Deoxys again in Battle Frontier they even reference Prof. Lund and the Doexys from Movie 7.

Yet Ash/Dawn/Brock did not mention they had met Dialga and Palkia in M10-12 when they had seen the pokemon in the anime episode DP152, so it could go either way with Ash mentioning/not mentioning the Jiraichi from M06 in this episode.

Nevertheless, all of the movies are canon, and it shouldn't matter so much whether specific pokemon species are directly mentioned as having been seen in the anime.

Come on, this is just a Jirachi filler that has nothing to do with movie canon! It has been 10 years!

Hopefully this Jirachi will make himself useful

It's a filler! It can't do anything useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom