• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW117: Plasma-dan's Ambition! The Controlled Pokémon!!

Yeah, N is now dead so we are done with the N arc move on, not, This really was great episode.

This is at least the second time Best Wishes! has recycled the "city's been closed off" thing from the Zorro'ark movie. And both times they played music from said movie's soundtrack.

I thought the tiny boat springing a leak was going to lead to something, but I guess not? Weird.

Why was the Rocket trio so interested in the Plasma-Dan's machine? Do they not remember that their organization has used devices exactly like that multiple times before?

Also, is the Rocket-Dan having the same fucking motto animation in every single one of their Episode N appearances their newest running gag?

Did they bother to give a name to Ononokusu's trainer?

I found the episode pretty boring. The whole emphasis on Colress controlling Pokémon lacks substance since it always gets resolved quickly.

Does Looker know who N is, or does he just suspect a connection to Team Plasma?

Handsome knows that the Plasma-Dan has been searching for N. So when Satoshi and his friends introduce him to Handsome he's able to put two and two together and figure out that this "N" person they're hanging out with is the same N that the Plasma-Dan's after.

N kind of picks up on this too, which is probably why he was so eager to get everybody's attention off of him and back on track to finding the rampaging Ononokusu.

N kind of picks up on this too, which is probably why he was so eager to get everybody's attention off of him and back on track to finding the rampaging Ononokusu.
Which leads me to my next question: Why did Team Plasma leave N behind if they're supposed to be looking for him? Did Ghetsis address that at all? Did he know that N would get healed in the forest?

Ah, the signal can't be so easily overcome now. Too bad you can still just smash the machine. Bonus points for the sheer "Oh crud" of Dragonite getting the evil beam. Anthea? Concordia? Finally, we're going to get some answers. TO BE CONTINUED

This looks like a good episode. I can't wait for a subbed version of this episode so I can watch it!!

So wait, Shadow Ball hit the helicopter, but the only damage done was to the mind-control go-kart in the back? o_0

Other than that, it was a fantastic episode.

A well written episode, loved the music at the end of the episode.
Poor N :( ... Achroma was a complete scumbag.

One of the 'tolerable/very good' episodes.

I think the show must really hate N. When he's not being horribly maimed, he's being poorly-drawn.

I actually really liked this episode.

It was good to see Ghetsis in person and I was also quite surprised when Anthea and Concordia showed up at the end.

I also thought they did a great job at handling TR. They were competent and gave Angie a hard time, who apparently owns a Liepard.

Other then that, I just enjoyed the plot of this episode. Looking forward to the next one.

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! This episode was so exciting and I didn't feel like they wasted even just one minute of the episode. Really exciting, great pacing.

At first, I thought Episode N was a bit too short, but if they keep this great pace up, I think it'll be just right and it will definitely be the most exciting long arc in the whole metaseries!

I found Handsome/Looker's suspicions about N interesting and the confrontation with the Plasma-dan was really cool. The ending was really ambiguous though and I worried some kids who didn't know about upcoming episodes might think N had truly died there (well, until they see the preview, anyway!)...

I really loved the way N's sisters were introduced! They didn't say a word, just came in with the mist, lifted N away with Psychic, and submerged him in that lake. They seemed so ethereal and otherworldly, but also creepy and just plain strange. It really suited them.

Also, Akuroma was very funny with his over-the-top mannerisms and Angie's frustration with him while she tried to keep a military seriousness about the situation really entertained me. "And what does THAT mean...?" after his incoherent rambling, and Akuroma just rambles some more and she makes these faces in the background like she's just so fed-up with trying to deal with him that she just gives up.

This episode was a chore to watch. We could have seen TRio do a bit more in this episode other than observe what Team Plasma was up to and then attempt to take over their helicopter in the end. I couldn't care less about the COTD or his Haxorus, but what exactly stopped Colress from using his machine on all of the pokemon that were out (and not just Iris's Dragonite)? Looker didn't really contribute to the episode, other than the fact that his signal jamming device was useless against Colress' newest machine (which was to be expected). The battle between TRio and Angie was also far too short to my taste.

All this episode really brought to the table was that N got injured from trying to calm down Dragonite and Haxorus, and now he has to spend an episode healing at Anthea and Concordia's house. And speaking of whom, it is nice that the anime announced these two characters' Japanese names for us.

It was great to see N and Colress interacting. It was something I wish happened in the games.

Pretty good episode.

Angie's Liepard launches a Shadow Ball at Team Rocket, who dodge that and then it hits the helicopter and the machine that controls Pokemon gets damaged and so, the controlled Pokemon are back to normal just like that. Kind of an anticlimatic resolution, if you ask me - especially when it was all just due to an accidental misfire between TR and TP. Well, the episode itself was still good, IMO, since it's now getting somewhere with N, and I do enjoy some action from time to time.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom