• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon VGC European qualifier dates announced: TCG and VGC events to be combined for

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon VGC European qualifier dates announced: TCG and VGC events to be combined for events ...

After a few months of uncertainty from European competitive Pokémon players, The Pokémon Company International has revealed the dates for the European Play! Pokémon events. For the first year ever, the events will incorporate the TCG events as well as the VGC and will be split over two days instead of one.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon VGC European qualifier dates announced: TCG and VGC events to be combined

Chris Brown (from TPCi. No, not the "music artist") has confirmed that the TCG events will be on the Saturday, while the VGC will be on the Sunday.

Load of balls if you ask me.

Re: Pokémon VGC European qualifier dates announced: TCG and VGC events to be combined

It will be very interesting to see who will win the UK VGC National Qualifier this year since Ruben is disqualified and Ben Kyriakou can't go the competition because he has an exam on Saturday 1 June.

It will be very interesting to see who will win the UK VGC National Qualifier this year since Ruben is disqualified and Ben Kyriakou can't go the competition because he has an exam on Saturday 1 June.
I think Ben has recently said that as the VGC is only on the Sunday, he'll be able to attend.

I just hope Ray Rizzo doesn't win Worlds again...4 times in a row would be overkill.

I think Ben has recently said that as the VGC is only on the Sunday, he'll be able to attend.

I asked him in the University of York Pokémon Society Facebook group after you wrote this post and he said that he would be able to come to the tournament in Birmingham this year. I think I will be with him and the other members of my university's Pokémon Society during most of the tournament this year. I might stay in a hotel this year too unlike last year when I took the first train journey from York to Birmingham on that day.

Last edited:

I asked him in the University of York Pokémon Society Facebook group after you wrote this post and he said that he would be able to come to the tournament in Birmingham this year. I think I will be with him and the other members of my university's Pokémon Society during most of the tournament this year. I might say in a hotel this year too unlike last year when I took the first train journey from York to Birmingham on that day.
I already have my hotel booked =3

Hmmmm Bochum is only a two hour drive, but then again I ain't a competitive player so I don't really have a reason to go aside for the kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom