• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW124: The Dangerously Sweet Honey!

A standard Pokemon get lost episode. Nothing special.

The Meowth getting poisoned plot felt forced.

Also, I love how Jessie's disguise makes her hair look even dumber.

28430823.png

I agree that the poisoning felt rather forced. Overall, it was a rather average episode, but I'm glad to see Pikachu still doesn't trust Nyasu.

Average episode, the only plus being Axew's knowledge of herbs and medicine.

I guess he learned it from Iris. ^^

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Japanese food companies released Honey Mitsu products in the near future. :-/

I just want my own Combee. That's the best bit of this episode by far, every scene with Combee in them.

Why did there need to be an Ursaring?

I loved the scene where Woobat had Charizard and Dragonite about to attack - though it's sad seeing Charizard relegated to being a regional normal/flying type for part of an episode - too bad he didn't get to pop their balloon.

Great episode all round.

I just want my own Combee. That's the best bit of this episode by far, every scene with Combee in them.

I loved the scene where Woobat had Charizard and Dragonite about to attack - though it's sad seeing Charizard relegated to being a regional normal/flying type for part of an episode - too bad he didn't get to pop their balloon.

Great episode all round.

It's a bear. Bears are known for their love of hunny.

It's a bear. Bears are known for their love of hunny.

And Ursaring are known for their love of attempting to clobber Ash. Along with old timey favourite jerk Pokemon Beedrill, all the episode was missing was a douchebag Steelix or Scolipede.

Meowth's moment of hesitation before attacking his new "friends" was adorable. Not that Pika bought into any of his BS this time.

Beedrill pops TR's balloon: Okay, I admit, this was funny. So is Pika's exasperation on Meowth being so buddy buddy. What's this, though? It's for real this time. He does have regret. He has been redeemed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Charizard apparently encountered Team Rocket in this episode, does this mark the first time that Team Rocket saw Charizard since its return? If so, did they mention it like they did in the first Nolan episode, or did they not care and didn't say anything about it?

Anyway, I haven't watched this yet. Looks like a fun filler episode, though!

Team Rocket stand absolutely no chance against Charizard and Dragonite. Poor them.

Kojirou even said as much but Musashi decided to charge ahead anyway ^^;;

So, I dunno...does it seem like the Rocket trio's holding back some, emotion-wise? Like, it feels like they're only about 80% of what they used to be before Best Wishes! started and that the writers are hesitating to bring them back full throttle. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the three of them are showing any emotion at all, and I'll take 80% over the 5-10% we've been getting for the last two and a half years, but it still feels like they're holding back for some reason. It's worrying.

On a non-Rocket note, Cocoon's evolution into Spear was really, really well animated. Nyasu's conscious keeping him from attacking Pikachu and the others was really great to see as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Charizard apparently encountered Team Rocket in this episode, does this mark the first time that Team Rocket saw Charizard since its return? If so, did they mention it like they did in the first Nolan episode, or did they not care and didn't say anything about it?

Anyway, I haven't watched this yet. Looks like a fun filler episode, though!

They saw it back at BW117, though they didn't battle it. They didn't mention anything, prolly cuz the writers don't really like to show Charizard as something that special anymore. It is just nostalgia candy.

After seeing this:
AUn1oKM.jpg
I just noticed that Jessie is not drawn with lower eyelashes anymore. Now I feel like a Slowpoke...

So, I dunno...does it seem like the Rocket trio's holding back some, emotion-wise? Like, it feels like they're only about 80% of what they used to be before Best Wishes! started and that the writers are hesitating to bring them back full throttle. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the three of them are showing any emotion at all, and I'll take 80% over the 5-10% we've been getting for the last two and a half years, but it still feels like they're holding back for some reason. It's worrying.
It actually feels like that to me too. I'm happy they're finally normal, but yeah, it does seem like they're holding back for whatever reason.

On a non-Rocket note, Cocoon's evolution into Spear was really, really well animated. Nyasu's conscious keeping him from attacking Pikachu and the others was really great to see as well.
I found that funny since the process of evolution was much better detailed than, let's say, Mewtwo's form change in the latest trailer. lol

It was nice to see Mijumaru have a creative use for the scalchop to crush the plants into medicine.

I noticed that the ship is shown sailing away, but the episode ends with them still on the island. Either that will be resolved in the next episode or I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom