• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW125: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Locked Room of the Ocean!!

So Parker is like Joi and Junsa in that all their relatives look the same. The Parker from this episode is the cousin of the Parker in the previous episode.

It's kind of weird that Iris would liken Parker to Joi and Junsa and not, say, Don George since the latter is a character exclusive to Best Wishes!. Don't be so quick to be done with this generation, guys!

Those exterior shots of the boat had some really crappy CGI.

The mystery was a bit easy to solve, but then again this *is* a show aimed for preschool / elementary school kids. Like most of these types of things, however, it required quite a bit of just random guessing on the detective's part. That water on the floor could have come from anywhere, Dent; you had absolutely no reason to jump to the conclusion that it came from Vanipetit making a key out of ice.

It's kind of weird that Iris would liken Parker to Joi and Junsa and not, say, Don George since the latter is a character exclusive to Best Wishes!, but I guess it's not that big a deal.
It's hardly weird. Iris has only seen six members of the Don George family, which isn't very many compared to the number of times she's met a Nurse Joy or even an Officer Jenny.

I like how Ash won a tournament with the least hype ever, and one that wasn't multiple episodes long. :p

Lol @ Axew getting stomped in the tournament, maybe the writers will actually go somewhere with Iris' lack of Axew training. It really showed here.

This episode was humorous enough, I suppose...but still largely meh.

047_zps5fd4d173.jpg

It's about time they poked fun at Iris' hair again!

Did Cilan state why he wasn't entering the tournament? I mean at this point, he should be pretty much outclassed by Ash and Iris. Already 16 people I guess?

It's about time they poked fun at Iris' hair again!

Lol, if she was older and taller you probably wouldn't ever see Cilan. :p

Last edited:
Last edited:
So Parker is like Joi and Junsa in that all their relatives look the same.
Well... That was totally uncalled for. I mean, why doing something like that? We were already introduced to Don George in this series, and the Decolora Adventure arch is not a big thing so they are not going to appear a lot of times either. From what I saw in the last episode, I was expecting for Parker to do something about Ash, Iris and Cilan not being in the ship, instead of getting rid of him and putting a new character in his place.

As other has said. This episode was very meh. It had some funny moments but i'm already starting to forget what happened and I only watched it an hour ago.

So Parker is like Joi and Junsa in that all their relatives look the same. The Parker from this episode is the cousin of the Parker in the previous episode.

It's kind of weird that Iris would liken Parker to Joi and Junsa and not, say, Don George since the latter is a character exclusive to Best Wishes!. Don't be so quick to be done with this generation, guys!

Those exterior shots of the boat had some really crappy CGI.

The mystery was a bit easy to solve, but then again this *is* a show aimed for preschool / elementary school kids. Like most of these types of things, however, it required quite a bit of just random guessing on the detective's part. That water on the floor could have come from anywhere, Dent; you had absolutely no reason to jump to the conclusion that it came from Vanipetit making a key out of ice.

That's totally and completely unnecessary.

Can't it just be the same guy?

It's a boring filler episode that had a tournament in place so the main characters will be too distracted to notice the thief going about on the ship.

At the very least, Eelektrik got an anime debut in the form of a cameo. Now all we need to see (non legendary wise) for Gen V pokemon are Zoroark (BW127) and Klang.

That final scene OH MY GOD WHY DO THE WRITERS LOVE TO TROLL US SO MUCH!?!?!?!?

how so?
looking at the info i see, im not sure what you mean
is it what Cilan said?

We never get to see the reason on why Dent is afraid of Choroneko.

I did'nt see the episode yet, Did they cut it before he explained it or something.

I had a feeling that the purrloin fear thing was gonna be a "never to be explained" sorta thing. Sorta like prof ivy and brock and what happened to make brock afraid of prof ivy.

ETA: I saw the scene that ya'll is talking about when cilan was just gonna explain it, the ship's horn just honked loudly. I only understand 4 japanese words and am bad at it but i can make the scene out very clear.

Last edited:
Just checked out the pics for this episode.

Kibago got used and got hammered by Banipuuchi's Ice-type moves, that's better than Kibago having no formal battles at all as far I'm concerned. At least he managed decently and hey, Iris cringing at the appearance of Banipuuchi and the joke with her ginormous hair was nice too. Meh at Pikachu being used the whole tournament, why not Gamagaru or Lizardon? There are a million better choices than Pikachu. It's an Electric-type against another Electric-type(And Bug-type)....Nice to see Satoshi came out on top, wonder why Dento didn't enter? Gardie's Fire Fang looked cool. I'm not surprised Dento's Choroneko fear was left ambiguous, it's nothing really to get upset about and I half-expected it just to be a reference to the black cat superstition anyway. I only really wanted it revealed so he could get some development, but no point in crying over spilled milk. It's good he got an episode since he hasn't had one for a while.

Yall can try to fake it if you want to, but...

While this episode did have its funny moments, ultimately it was cheesy and boring as hell. These fillers are just too out there. I would have rathered another tournament.

Excuse the pessimism, but am I the only one who is questioning how we got to this point as these episodes go on?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom