• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP15: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot!

Sounds like Looker's voice was changed so he wouldn't sound too similar to Cilan.

Good episode overall though. Colress sounded pretty much how I expected him to. Ghetsis sounded different though.

The one Team Plasma grunt chick, I don't know if I can say her name yet or if that counts as a spoiler, fills her uniform out a little more than her two male counterparts. Her ass is framed right down to the crack.

Agree with the above.

I was a bit off with Looker's voice, but I liked Colress' though, and Ghetsis' was interesting....

Anyways I thought it was decent, not too exciting but I was happy we got to see Giga Impact from Axew. It was a good way to bring Team Plasma in, so overall it was pretty good in my perspective.

I missed the other episodes (my summer break started last Monday, so now I'm home and have regular access to a TV) so far, but I've seen subbed versions of the first two, so I sort of know what the plot is.
To my surprise, I liked almost all of the new character's voices, especially Colress. I don't even like him as a character, but his voice just fits him so perfectly.

It's about time Team Plasma appeared. I've been waiting two years for this (I thought it would happen closer to when Pokemon Black and White came out, and I was so disappointed when I found out about that cancelled "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma" episode), and I'm excited that it's finally happened.

I think it was Eli James as Colress, Bill Rogers as Ghestis, And it sounded A little bit Like Brittany Hamilton as Angie I think but I could be just totally wrong but that is what they sounded like to me in my Opinion. This was a 10/10 again a Good Introduction To Team Plasma

This episode with a nice introduction for Team Plasma I guess.

So it starts out with some wild Amoongus attacking the gang causing them to attack them for self-defense. Then for some reason they decide to take them to a Pokemon center. Has that ever happened before, cuz I’m pretty sure the gang usually just runs away after defending themselves from wild Pokemon.

So skipping to the next scene, Pikachu and Axew get controlled by the evils rays and attack. Then…LOOKER saves the day! This was cool, it was great to see him again, but his voice sounded a bit different to me. Maybe it hasn’t and it’s just because I haven’t heard him for like 2 years or something. Ghetsis also sounded a lot less sinister than I imagined. And his dialogue, “let’s have some fun with Beartic.”, just kinda weird. And while I’m discussing this scene, I’m feeling that the summer Deerling have been around for way longer than the spring ones. I don’t know, I just feel like it should have become autumn by now.

Anyway, the group gets attacked by Plasma grunts. Then they meet Colress who actually sounded okay. During the battle Axew FINALLY uses Giga Impact after learning it like 50 episodes ago. (Now if only he’d use Outrage again.) Then Colress finds Pikachu very interesting (big surprise there) and uses his mind control device on him. This was okay except for the fact that Ash had to do his usual “Pikachu snap out of it. We’re friends” crappy speech. (Like we haven’t seen that like a million times.)

So yeah then Team Rocket shows up and ruins Team Plasma’s stuff and unfortunately they do the whole blasting off thing. At least they’re still acting serious. Looker saying best fishes at the end was just…I don’t even know. In all, a nice episode. 7/10.

Another thing that was Weird was that they changed Voice Actors For Officer Jenny.

PLAAAAAAAASMAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

So the first scene is: Galvantula. Galvantula. Galvantula. Galvantula. Galvan- So…awesome!

Alright so some midget Amoonguss got zapped in SELF DEFENSE! Why in the hell are we bringing wild Pokémon to the center? Can’t we just leave them? Do we have some legal obligation to do this?

As soon as that hiker stood up before the scene switch, I just knew he was gonna be important.

Torturing a Beartic!! Grrrrrrr! Evilness! *scence-switch* Happy Deerling!.....Sorry, I just, notice these things.

And I love how Hiker jumps in the way of the attack and the first thing Ash says is, “PIKACHU!!!!”. What about, “HIKER!”? Man just saved your life, yo.

OMZ LOOOKKKEERR!!!!!! I seriously was not expecting that. It’s cool points time.

OK, Team Rocket are confusing me. They’re like half serious, half not serious…I don’t even know. And what did they even put Meowth in? Oh, forget it, Team Rocket’s been having weird technology with no explanations despite being broke for a while now.

Ghetsis sounds really creepy. Like seriously. And then he’s like: “Let’s have some fun WITH BEARTIC!” He’s getting some points for that.

On no they’re being attacked! Guess Iris’ll send out Emolga or Excadrill or something. Wait. What the hell?!? Axew did something useful?!....I’m not so sure if he should get any points yet, though.

Is it just me, or Colress is waaaaaay more evil in the anime than the games? He’s just torturing Pokémon for kicks, it seems.

More Axew?! WHY THE HELL IS HE NEVER A FACTOR?!

Really Colress? Of course, the Pikachu is quite interesting. Needs to be a test subject. Yeah. He’s just that great.

Looker is so badass, throwing stuff. Didn’t work, but, still badass.

Pikachu looked like a zombie. Intimidating Pikachu is UBER intimidating. He needs to get controlled more often.

Also, that was pretty lame, how Ash snapped Pikachu out without being zapped by him like normally. Like, when was the last time he just heard Ash's voice and stopped? Ash needed some electrocution.

LOL! Unova villains are too stupid. LULZ! JESSIE of all people called them stupid. The deserves some points.

BEST WISHES BEST FISHES YESSSSS!!! JUST YES!!

That’s it. 9001/10.

I'm calling it. Favorite. Episode. By far.

Colress was awesome, Ghetsis was creepy, the mind-controlled Pokémon kicked so much ass.

When I saw Magnemite on the "Who's That Pokémon", I thought for sure it would be Colress's, but it belongs to one of the grunts. But that's okay, I mean Magnemite's one of my favorites.

"Kanto villains? Why are you here?!" -Angie
"Because villains in Unova are too stupid to take over Unova!"-Jessie.
Grab a napkin Angie, you've just been served.

Loved this episode. Im suprised the TRio 'saved the day' and didn't make an attempt to capture Pikachu or any of the other wild Pokemon. I guess that was just a 'we're better villains than you' gesture. I still can't get over Jessie's come back line, lol.

All the voices were fine, except maybe Ghetsis; I expected him to sound older, but im sure i'll get used to it, its not terrible. Great episode, good to see Looker again, voices were great, Team Plasma seems interesting enough so far, im loving episode N.

Bill Rogers did a really good job of Voicing Ghestis and I really like "I Wish You Good Hunting!" That was just dead on Good.

Loved the episode. The only thing I didn't get was that "Best fishes" in the end. Besides, I kinda expected Ghetsis' voice to sound a bit older (though it's still great). 9/10

Btw, I don't think Looker's voice sounds any different compared to DP series. Sounds same to me

you know, i'm curious as to who the new voice of Officer Jenny is in this episode, unless emily's decided to do a different voice from here on.

Can the Rockets stop using gratuitous alliteration? It doesn't even make sense with them being serious.

And Pikachu overcomes Colress' control over him, huh?
Is this foreshadowing the climax, or...?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom