• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now available

The English names of the new Pokémon that were revealed in CoroCoro Comics have been unveiled. A new trailer featuring the new Pokémon is now available.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now availabl

Simultaneous reveal yet again! The simultaneous development is coming along great! I think it's safe to say that for every piece of XY news, we'll get simultaneously! Looking at all the new English screenshoots and information on the American XY site, the American games are already so far along :D

Re: English names of the new Pokémon from CoroCoro revealed: New trailer now availabl

Based on what I've seen in the new trailer, the movement style will be far more than just 8 directions, but will be capable of camera control and complete 3-D movement. so i'm really looking forward to the games release. :D

Hot damn, the game looks frickin' gorgeous in the new trailer.

I'm utterly amazed at how these games are turning out. These games could be the crowning point of the Pokemon franchise. The ability to move in all directions, camera movement, trainer customization, riding Pokemon, all of this is utterly amazing! GF really outdid themselves here, and it's about time they upped their game (figuratively and literally). While Gen V was brilliant, Gen VI is gonna change the way Pokemon games are made and played. I am so stoked for these games. October can't come fast enough!

I really like how they're handling this generation. With the games to be released worldwide in the same month, it appears as though we don't have to wait quite nearly as long for English information as we once did. The English names are pretty decent, although part of me still wants to call Helioptile by his Japanese name. Just got used to it.

So, any guess as to whether Kalos is supposed to be pronounced kah-los or kay-los?

Just don't pronounce it as "callous".

Holy wow, the trailer looks amazing all the screenshot really show how beautiful this game's looking so far and the graphics have really improved since the first trailer in January.

Glad they kept Gogoat as is it would of made no sense to me if they changed it.I also like how they basically kept Yancham's name and only changed the Y to a P. Helioptile's gonna get some getting used to.

I like how info's being revealed this generation, it seems with the worldwide release, we can all get info relatively at the same time and making everyone more able to play together. Lastly glad I can customize more than just eyes, skin ,and hair color. I can actually play as the boy without having to wear his hideous outfit. :)

in Helioptile's page, they mentioned it based on a spotted salamander
but Helioptile is actually based on a frilled lizard

this was shown in the gameplay while its doing an attack:
Helioptile_zps3a6faf46.png

Walking diagonally? Ugh, Pokemon is ruined forever.

Based on what I've seen in the new trailer, the movement style will be far more than just 8 directions, but will be capable of camera control and complete 3-D movement. so i'm really looking forward to the games release. :D

Looks like it's 8-directional to me. What seemed to be free movement looks more like Castelia-type grid-based curves.

Ruined forever is a strong phrase...
That was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not a huge fan of diagonal walking either, but I suppose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
WARNING! The link is to TV Tropes. Do not click unless you have 4/5 hours to spare.

On topic: Helioptile is a very unique name. I bet it evolves into a fire-type, or at least has some Fire-type moves.

Ruined forever is a strong phrase...
That was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not a huge fan of diagonal walking either, but I suppose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
WARNING! The link is to TV Tropes. Do not click unless you have 4/5 hours to spare.

I, uh, think he was being facetious. Probably.

Whether we can walk on a full 2-D space, or just walk 8 directions, either way i think it will moderately change the way we travel. Also watching the Trainer riding Gogoat makes me happy, but at the same time it appears to move just about as fast as the regular walking. it may be a mistake in my perception, but if it isn't, it would be cool if Gogoat has a run ability as well (Crossing fingers for more mounts and ridability outside the city >.<).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom