• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 2013

Amazon has put up a listing for a re-release of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, with a release date of Sept. 24, 2013 for the US and Canada.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

This is one of my favorite Pokémon movies. Sure, I hate when the plot has no real villain, but otherwise it was pretty good for a Pokémon movie.
When I'm rich and/or no longer jobless, I want all of the anime DVDs (instead of just unofficial sources).

Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

Anyone think they might be doing this in part because Mewtwo is in movie 16? It's a bit of a stretch, but there could be a connection.

Excuse me, but I reported this to BulbaNews DAYS before Yoshi1001 and even made a thread for it in the Anime Section. Can't I be credited too?

I wonder if this movie and the one following it will ever be released on DVD in the UK?

Excuse me, but I reported this to BulbaNews DAYS before Yoshi1001 and even made a thread for it in the Anime Section. Can't I be credited too?
I can't speak for the BulbaNews administration, but did you submit an article about it on the BulbaNews website? Because the "Reported on Bulbanews by Yoshi1001" isn't a credit, but it's a note that Yoshi1001 actually wrote and submitted the article.

I wonder if this movie and the one following it will ever be released on DVD in the UK?

I can't speak for the BulbaNews administration, but did you submit an article about it on the BulbaNews website? Because the "Reported on Bulbanews by Yoshi1001" isn't a credit, but it's a note that Yoshi1001 actually wrote and submitted the article.
I know I submitted an article. I did it right before I made the thread. And if by someone msitake of the system that my article got lost, I feel I should still get credit of reporting it by making the thread. This is my first anime-related news post and I'd like to be recognized as reporting it.

Awesome. This is my absolute favorite Pokemon movie and it's one of the reasons why Lucario is my favorite Pokemon. I'll have to get it sometime after it comes out. I hope that it doesn't include that Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special though. I hated how that was included with the original release of the movie and it wouldn't make much sense to include it here when the tenth anniversary has come and gone.

Awesome. This is my absolute favorite Pokemon movie and it's one of the reasons why Lucario is my favorite Pokemon. I'll have to get it sometime after it comes out. I hope that it doesn't include that Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special though. I hated how that was included with the original release of the movie and it wouldn't make much sense to include it here when the tenth anniversary has come and gone.

We can see by your avatar plus it is my favorite Pokèmon movie has well and Lucario is one of my favorite Pokèmon has wel

Just to set the record straight, I posted this on my site's blog Thursday morning before leaving for US Nationals (furthermore, I tweeted it about an hour before writing the post). I figured it could stand to reach a larger audience, so I wrote up a Bulbanews article based on my blog post, not knowing of Fennekin's post (I'm glad someone else noticed this, however).

Just to set the record straight, I posted this on my site's blog Thursday morning before leaving for US Nationals (furthermore, I tweeted it about an hour before writing the post). I figured it could stand to reach a larger audience, so I wrote up a Bulbanews article based on my blog post, not knowing of Fennekin's post (I'm glad someone else noticed this, however).
O.K, I see that you did post this on your site Thursday. I thought you reported it on Saturday according to the news article here. Sorry!

It's probably to bring it in line with the other PUSA/TPCi/Viz releases. That should mean widescreen. Also probably saves a few bucks by not having to print the MoMP disc anymore.

It'll be interesting to see what develops. I noticed that the current studio listed is "Warner Home Video", this was initially listed for the Rival Destinies volume on set that releases two weeks before, but later changed to Viz with some additional information (if I had to guess, I'd say that someone from Warner makes the initial entry that populates Amazon, then later Viz sends one in). I think whether this one ends up being widescreen depends on whether a widescreen version was made earlier and not released at the time (we saw this with movies 6 and 7).

I am glad they are re-releasing the movie. I downloaded the movie to watch and judge how good the movie is. I really like it and is one of my top favorite Pokémon movies. I can't wait and buy an actual copy. Did they mention if it is going to be on Blu-Ray or not? Will it also include the original Japanese dub as well? I don't care either way, though, I just want to know.

This is, like, the best pokemon movie ever. If they include the original Japanese version as well, then I might consider buying it.

While providing the Japanese version of the movie in this release would be all kinds of awesomeness, it's pretty unlikely, if not impossible. TPCI hasn't really shown any interest in releasing the Japanese versions of any of the movies and I'm not even sure if they could do that, or if the process of getting the Japanese version included with the dub would be worthwhile to them. So, it will most likely be a dub-only release.

If it's in Widescreen I'll buy it.

Looks like the listing was updated:

"Format: Full Screen, NTSC"

I kind of expected a repress of the original disc anyway.

Exactly. I've never seen a Pokémon DVD on sale in my life (apart from Darkrai in my library), but hopefully they will bring it here...OR I'LL HAVE A WORD WITH THEM.

So my wait for my favourite movie on Blu-Ray continues - my hopes were raised for a moment there before I clicked the thread.

A Blu-ray for this movie would be incredible - but if Viz was going to do Blu's they'd do movies 8-15/16/however many there are in one go. As it stands, the region-free Australian Blu-rays of 12-15 are all there is for the Viz movies.

Full-screen for this would be a complete cop-out seeing as there are dubbed widescreen masters (as in, with English credits) of every movie and movie 8's been available in widescreen in Australia since 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom