• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Figure distribution in boosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The following quoted passage is now out of date. The final version of this article may now be found on BulbaNews. I strongly encourage anyone intending on purchasing Pokémon TFG boosters to read this.

Doing a little test with the boosters I've recieved as payment for my efforts at the Pokétour.

I got 1 carton of 4 boxes of boosters, each box containing 8 boosters. I'll record the results of them after I've opened them below (and since they take a while to open, I'll only open two boxes a day, one morning, one evening), as well as my thoughts on the issue.

Boxes are stacked in layers of 2 inside the carton. Box 1 will be top left, Box 2 top right, and so forth.
Boosters are stacked in layers of 4 inside the individual boxes. Booster 1 is top layer top left, 2 top layer top right, 3 top layer bottom left, and so forth.

Box 1:
  1. Feraligator, Golem
  2. Charizard, Absol
  3. Charizard, Dratini
  4. Charizard, Brock
  5. Spearow, Golem
  6. Spearow, Mudkip
  7. Marril, Mudkip
  8. Marril, Pikachu

To get so many of the same figures, repeatedly, is an issue. There seems to be a case where a booster is likely to contain at least one of the figures from the boosters next to it (in any direction, including the one directly beneath it in the next layer), though it's not 100% guarenteed.

Box 2:
  1. Dratini, Pikachu
  2. Sentret, Marril
  3. Sentret, Zangoose
  4. Marril, Golem
  5. Zangoose, Nidoran M, 2 Paralyze Counters
  6. Sentret, Zangoose
  7. Machop, Misty, Max Revive Trainer Card
  8. Absol, Nidoran M, 2 Paralyze Counters

While we'd already established that Paralyze and Poison counters are getting mixed up in the boosters, it's easy to see here that it's happening for further confirmation. It's interesting that it's taken us this long to get a single trainer card. While they're all labeled as "common", it's highly unlikely anyone will ever complete the full set, with them coming out this rarely. Getting a Misty in one of these boosters makes me slightly confident that most boxes should contain at least one trainer. From experience at the PokéTour though, I know it can't be 100%, as there were at least 2 boxes opened which had no trainers in the boosters whatsoever.

Box 3:
  1. Marril, Murkrow
  2. Absol, Nidoran M, 2 Paralyze Counters
  3. Marril, Zangoose, Max Revive Trainer Card
  4. Sentret, Pikachu
  5. Zangoose, Nidoran M, 2 Paralyze Counters
  6. Marril, Pikachu
  7. Duduo, Dratini
  8. Sentret, Dratini

I lost track of which was Box 3 and which Box 4 overnight. I'm hoping this is Box 4, actually, since if it's Box 3, my growing suspicions that the contents of boosters may be influenced by the contents of the boosters in adjacent Boxes would lead me to suspect that I'm not likely to get anything worthwhile in the last box. It's very significant that out of 16 figures in this box, only 1 was a figure I did not have previously, and only 2 are figures which did not turn up somewhere in Box 2. Furthermore, one of those two figures which did turn up here and not in Box 2, is Murkrow, a figure that can be found in starters.

Box 4:
  1. Spearow, Murkrow
  2. Spearow, Corsola, Long Throw Trainer Card
  3. Feraligator, Pikachu
  4. Feraligator, Zangoose
  5. Spearow, Dratini, X Attack Trainer Card.
  6. Marril, Corsola
  7. Charizard, Brock
  8. Marril, Absol

That I didn't get a single figure that I hadn't already gotten in one of the previously opened boxes is a disturbing factor. As for the 2 boosters with trainer cards...that's unusual. While X Attack is commonly found in starters, Long Throw isn't. Of course, Long Throw's the only trainer card outside of the 4 commonly found in starters that I've actually ever seen before, so it was an unusual factor to begin with.

More to come.

Last edited:
If you get duplicate Brocks, can I have one? Or even several? *one-track mind*

Damn you and your insistance on money. You're lucky I've actually got some going INTO my accouts now. XP

i must be lucky in 1 booster i got a pearl misty a lugia and a card

my sister was also lucky, she got 2 lugias in her first 2 boosters

(i know we have 3 lugias in total)

I've only had three boosters so far, all of them had a Trainer card.

My final version of the article will be delayed for a few days. Another person here in Australia apparently bought/recieved either a whole carton, or few boxes, or at least a large number of boosters from the same carton (There's only one store he's purchased this from, and I know how much stock they've gone through), and he's telling me everything he's pulled out, once he finishes opening them all (which will take a while, with how difficult they are to open). He has given me the following incomplete list of the boosters he's opened thusfar however...and frankly, this is worrying. If this is true, there are *significant* problems with the distribution of these figures. I might as well recommend people buyout a store if they manage to pull a valuable rare, if it's this likely for them to turn up.

1. Eevee (Pearl sub-set version), Groudon
  2. Eevee (Pearl sub-set version), Kyogre
  3. Brock (Pearl sub-set version), Lugia
  4. Brock (Pearl sub-set version), Lugia
  5. Brock (Pearl sub-set version), Lugia
  6. Golem, Ho-oh (Ho-oh was apparently broken when the booster was opened)
  7. Brock (Pearl sub-set version), Lugia
  8. Eevee (Pearl sub-set version), Groudon
  9. Ho-oh, Golem
  10. Ho-oh, Kyogre
  11. Murkrow, Kyogre
  12. Murkrow, Groudon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom