• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW139: Emonga Joins Rocket-dan!

Wow. No wonder Emolga left. Iris was a jerk to her today. Then again, her attitude isn't exactly unjustified considering past events.

My only real gripe was the reading Dragon-type minds thing to save the day again. Didn't she have to touch the Pokemon last time? Is contact not needed anymore? Either way, couldn't she have read Axew's mind from the start or something?

I'm surprised Crustle and Stunfisk don't leave, Cilan dosen't even feed them :(

Then again, her attitude isn't exactly unjustified considering past events.
At first she was actually trying to make Iris cry P: And tried to trick TR with the help of Kibago with her little plan to get back in her good graces, but the plan ultimately failed because Nyasu understood them.

Anyone notice the little XY namedrop as well?

I personally Enjoyed this Episode and I think I will give it a 10/10, it was Good, a Filler but a Good one and the Canabilist Exploud was Upset and LOL when it Blasted Off and Thunder Punched Team Rocket even More and a Mika Kani Performance of Emolga was Good I Think and I did like and I LOL'd when after Lunch Charizard and Dragonite were Like "I'm too Cool for this do not bother Me!" LOL to that. The ONLY Complaint I have is Alexa WHY DID SHE LEAVE, Was it because she had Low Battery or what was and I Like Alexa and Helioptile they are Cool.

At first she was actually trying to make Iris cry P: And tried to trick TR with the help of Kibago with her little plan to get back in her good graces, but the plan ultimately failed because Nyasu understood them.

Anyone notice the little XY namedrop as well?

I did not Man, U should let Me know at 1 Point so I can Listen Carefully if it was Mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was talking about Iris.

The excuse given for Pansy being gone for most of this episode was that she had to go get her camera fixed. Apparently the images it had been taking lately have been all messed up.

This isn't the first time she's been MIA for most of an episode, either. Wonder why they're continuing to have her stick around.

Also, did you guys notice that the ending theme went back to normal?

The excuse given for Pansy being gone for most of this episode was that she had to go get her camera fixed. Apparently the images it had been taking lately have been all messed up.

This isn't the first time she's been MIA for most of an episode, either. Wonder why they're continuing to have her stick around.

Also, did you guys notice that the ending theme went back to normal?

NO, I will have to Watch it Man.

Emonga was fantastic, enjoyable, cute and I simply loved her in this episode. She's got tons of personality.

Believe it or not, this was a DA! episode I actually enjoyed. Even the Team Rocket trio was funny, especially Meowth and Jessie when they realized Emonga was simply using them. And Snivy's reaction to Emonga being innocent was hilarious.

And of course, we got our obligatory X, Y (and Z?), game reference.

So Emolga gets blamed for stuff that wasn't her fault, runs off and joins Team Rocket for the purpose of making Iris sorry for treating her like that, then decides to mess with Team Rocket and get back in Iris' good graces? I just can't tell, does she truly care about Iris or not?

So Emolga gets blamed for stuff that wasn't her fault, runs off and joins Team Rocket for the purpose of making Iris sorry for treating her like that, then decides to mess with Team Rocket and get back in Iris' good graces? I just can't tell, does she truly care about Iris or not?
Of course she cares, why else would she have done this? If she didn't care, she would have left long time ago. Emonga was clearly upset by Iris's accusations so she wanted to get back at her by joining Team Rocket and making her cry (as shown in her fantasy).

Of course she cares, why else would she have done this? If she didn't care, she would have left long time ago. Emonga was clearly upset by Iris's accusations so she wanted to get back at her by joining Team Rocket and making her cry (as shown in her fantasy).

Ah, well, when you put it that way, it does feel kinda stupid for me to ask that. ^^;

Still, I did appreciate how this episode did bring back elements of Emolga that seemed to have been used less in episodes after her debut, like her cheeky nature and her rivalry with Ash's Snivy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice episode. Emonga really stole the show, along with TR!

-it's always good to see chaobuu get tired of mijumaru's antics and whack him
-kibago why are you so sickeningly cute sounding today?
-dang, iris try to be a little less blatant in your favoritism
-wow, musashi, kojiro, emonga beat all your pokes on its own. step it up, guys.
-emonga's thought process is pretty great here.
-emonga inserting itself during the rocket's motto is also pretty great.
-definitely good to see the emonga/tsutarja rivalry in full swing. nyaarth's reaction to it is especially funny.
-emonga grabbing kibago by the hand and leading it... damn it, kibago, at least smack her hand away.
-it's kind of funny seeing satoshi and iris using lizardon and kairyuu as stereotypical fliers
-oh my god, these emonga fantasies are killing me
-and musashi and nyaarth have a great reaction in response!
-iris, i do like you, but it really wouldn't hurt if you learned to trust your pokemon and not assume that they're lying to you.
-what the heck is this cage made out of?
-awww, time for the touching reunion part of the episode

So, Amoonguss and Frillish were in the episode for 20 seconds? What a pity, if they called them out to fight Emolga, why didn't they bother during the battle against the twerps? Oh, and if only Cilan's Crustle and Stunfisk weren't grounded and could eat like everyone else, we would have an episode with all of the main character's Pokémon on it. We were so close...

But I must say this episode was very good. The high amount of problems concerning Emolga during the beginning seemed forced, but her antics and fantasies made up for it. Specially the fantasies and how everyone seems to speak Emo-talk. That, along the Pokémon showing their personalities a lot, something we haven't seen in a while, like Pignite being the only one not tolerating Oshawott's annoying actions, Snivy's rivarly with Emolga and her eating alone (oh I love it when she acts like that, loner and everything), Scraggy headbutting just because, etc.

And Team Rocket definitely stole the show. Their motto kind of didn't was just the same animation as usual, they were really comedic, they were really competent as well. I mean, on one side they do a simple and funny plan acting all cute and nice to Emolga in order to recruit her, and in the other side they strategically go caging an Exploud behind Axew and Emolga's backs, after Meowth's translation works for Jessie and James, not for Ash and the others like it usually does. I, for one, genuinely got the feel that they were going to success in stealing Pikachu once and for all. All while they were using the old pitfall and net tricks to catch him. Amoongus and Frillish aside, they were perfect.

Last edited:
And what was that magical powers coming from Iris' hand? I think it was something symbolic, but it was still weird.
It was Iris's ability to look into hearts of dragons, it was also shown in the episode where she caught her Dragonite. Since she has a special connection with dragons as it's been shown a couple of times, she managed to see through Axew what actually happened back then and that Emonga wasn't guilty.

So, there's also a Z mentioned in the X and Y reference as well... Hmmm... Pokémon Z confirmed? We're getting X and Y in just one month and I still don't know if getting X, getting Y, or waiting for a third Z version... Or if X and Y will got sequels like Black and White... Sigh...

And what was that magical powers coming from Iris' hand? I think it was something symbolic, but it was still weird.
It was Iris's ability to look into hearts of dragons, it was also shown in the episode where she caught her Dragonite. Since she has a special connection with dragons as it's been shown a couple of times, she managed to see through Axew what actually happened back then and that Emonga wasn't guilty.
I should have guess it was something mentioned in an earlier episode, since I sadly have a non-watching gap between BW069 and BW108. Never mind then.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom