• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon XY Global Link promotion announced for existing users: Dream Points to be con

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon XY Global Link promotion announced for existing users: Dream Points to be converted ...

The Pokémon Company International have announced that current users of the Global Link service will have their "Dream Points" converted into the new "Poké Miles". Details on Poké Miles are still scarce, but we do know that they will be accumulated as you play through X and Y, then added to your Global Link account when you use the Game Sync option.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon XY Global Link promotion announced for existing users: Dream Points to be

It's good, but I wish they didn't shut Dream World down... :(

Re: Pokémon XY Global Link promotion announced for existing users: Dream Points to be

I don't like how this was handled, it's kind of unfair that they announced this so late when you don't have enough time to earn many of these rewards, and several of them you wouldn't have thought to earn in the first place (seriously, who buys tons of dolls and houses?). I see no reason why this couldn't have been announced when the 6th gen Global Link site was announced.

^ Dunno, man. I ran into some real collection fanatics during the occasional moments I bothered with that place. So going by the absurd reward qualifications, they'll be banking on this big time. But the sudden announcement more or less reflects on DW as a whole: a huge waste of time and effort for very little worth your while. Because you're right, who saw any of this coming?

I think its safe to assume Medal Rally may be making a comeback though.

So what happens between your BW and BW2 games? Do their points get added together and put towards your Gen VI's Pokemiles?

So what happens between your BW and BW2 games? Do their points get added together and put towards your Gen VI's Pokemiles?
Your points are totaled together between whatever BWBW2 games you have linked to your account. If you register X or Y (one game), you are given a set amount of points based on that total. If you link X and Y (both games), you are given the same amount of the set number to each game. The conversion table is here.

Augh, those special medals better be braggard-bonus only. It's bad enough to have medals dependent on external exercises; I'm not about to mesh up my berries and start a purchasing frenzy if they aren't.

Augh, those special medals better be braggard-bonus only. It's bad enough to have medals dependent on external exercises; I'm not about to mesh up my berries and start a purchasing frenzy if they aren't.

Global Link Site said:
Based on your accomplishments in the current PGL, you may be awarded special Medals in the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y PGL. You may also receive Medals depending on what you accomplish in your game and in the new PGL. These medals are not available in the game, and can be checked only in the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y PGL.

The commemorative Medals awarded to existing PGL players will be exclusive to them and cannot be obtained through other means.

So if you don't get them when the DW closes, you'll never be able to get them. And if you're not close to obtaining them, you won't have enough time to earn them, so it's not really worth trying for anyway.

So if you don't get them when the DW closes, you'll never be able to get them. And if you're not close to obtaining them, you won't have enough time to earn them, so it's not really worth trying for anyway.
That doesn't bother me; I'm only bothered if it counts towards the in-game Medal count. What you just posted implies that they are, in fact, not part of the in-game medal rally and that's fine with me. Because that's smart. It was really short-sighted of them to have five medals you potentially could never receive in-game; if the medals based on Gen 5 DW collections are only commemorative and only seen in the PGL, that means if you do not earn them, it's no issue. It won't keep you from earning all the accountable rally medals. But I'll hold off on porting over my berries when it's more clear of what the deal is.

I should get back to the DW before it closes just to have the rest of my berries turn into points while I have the chance.

This is why I don't think having a multitude of Wi-Fi services (especially that are tied into the games themselves) are a good idea. When the service is ended, it is no longer accessible in any form. This means the games become 'incomplete' in a sense. The same thing applies to the GTS and (if I have heard correctly) Poke Bank and Poke Transporter - if the latter does not get installed as part of X and Y, then anyone who buys a 3DS and/or the Gen VI games after its eventual closure will be at a loss. While this case is a bit of a stretch, it is still possible. Not to mention the horrid fact that the Gen V-VI transporter is part of a payware app, which is a horrible idea (also, why not just release Poke Bank as a side-game like Ranch or Box RS). Transfer needs to be in the game itself, not an app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom