• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP35: Searching for a Wish!

I Honestly, did NOT Like this English DUB Episode but I will try and give the Original Version a Chance because even Mr. blaze Recommends it. The Voices were Bad and were Bland to Me.

The Plot Ok, good it was Sweet I thought, Gemma's Wish was Good because it is Barren, Her Mother and Father Really Bland.

How did I Know Marc Thompson was going to be Cacto the Father I just called it.

Ash I LOL'd at when he was saw Jirachi. Pikachu and Axew were Cute Interacting.

Team Rocket WORST PART OF THE Episode and yet once Again, Carter Cathcart says a Line that is Terrible,: Looks Like Jirachi is Psychic to Me!" WAIT WHAT, THAT WAS TERRIBLE.

The Only a voices I Liked were Mika Kani as Jirachi, Jason Griffith as Cilan who was TRYING to do Good, and I am probably Weird Here but I Liked Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland as Patrat I just Liked the Random Patrat,of this Episode.

I give this Episode a 5.1/10 I REALLY HOPE THE Japanese Version is Better.

I Honestly, did NOT Like this English DUB Episode but I will try and give the Original Version a Chance because even Mr. blaze Recommends it. The Voices were Bad and were Bland to Me.

The Plot Ok, good it was Sweet I thought, Gemma's Wish was Good because it is Barren, Her Mother and Father Really Bland.

Team Rocket WORST PART OF THE Episode and yet once Again, Carter Cathcart says a Line that is Terrible,: Looks Like Jirachi is Psychic to Me!" WAIT WHAT, THAT WAS TERRIBLE.

The Only a voices I Liked were Mika Kani as Jirachi, Jason Griffith as Cilan who was TRYING to do Good, and I am probably Weird Here but I Liked Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland as Patrat I just Liked the Random Patrat,of this Episode.

Did tpci keep "Make A Wish" at the end?

No, they used some other Song but I Liked it but, probably Make a Wish is Better

This was an okay episode. Jiarchi was really cute. Since most of this epsidoe was kinda boring and repetitive, I’ll just focus on the main things I cared about.

Geez Pikachu and Axew. The first thing you do when you meet someone is make faces at them? I’m surprised Jirachi didn’t run away then. And Ash actually recognized Jirachi? That’s a nice surprise. But you’d think that with all the times he’s needed to remain quiet and hidden for shy Pokemon (like the last episode) he’d have learned to NOT RUN UP TO THEM SCREAMING!

And then there’s Jemma; she got on my nerves so much. I was on Jirachi’s side the whole time. If stranger ran up to me demanding for a wish I’d run away too.

I really hope Team Rocket’s ultimate wish isn’t really to catch Pikachu. You know, instead of that TAKING OVER THE WORLD GOAL!

And where it the world did Jemma’s dad come from? Like seriously, he just came out of nowhere, with no explanation whatsoever.

(I can’t even remember who said this line): “Jirachi’s going back to sleep for another 1000 years.” Cilan: “It seems like such a long time.” Well duh. That IS a long time.

Lastly I’d like to point out an accomplishment for me, in that I instantly recognized that Jirachi and Emolga had the same voice actress when the Who’s that Pokemon aired. That “Ji-ra” totally matched Emolga’s “E-mo”. Yeah, not really important, but I’m happy.

Well, I guess the episode was okay for the most part. 6/10.

After last week’s episode, I can’t really say I’m all too hyped up for this one.

Are these guys really trying to get back to Kanto? I mean, a random canyon? These guys are sightseeing. And maybe it’s just me, but I would have liked at least some word about that weird stone thing before it started glowing while they slept. It would probably have been more clichéd, but the way it happened just felt a bit strange to me.

How cute, Anime Jirachi! He says his name.

Oh, the Cilan-less opening is back. And still lacking Cilan.

Gaze upon the glory of the glowing tail. Axew and Pikachu have a weird way of introducing themselves. Actually, Pikachu’s being weird in general. At least it felt that way.

Iris calls Ash a kid, when she did the same thing last week.

So random-ass girl comes out of nowhere demanding Jirachi and no one even asks who she is. She could be trying to kill Jirachi for all we know (okay, that’s a stretch, but still). And how does this random-ass little girl need to rest, she just fell down. How old is she?

*insert backstory here*

And then they see Jirachi. Did that girl thing coming out, running, and screaming was the best idea?

Once again, all kinds of time passes. Where’s the boat? Where is my man Porter?

Jirachi sounds like Emolga!~ X3

Lastly I’d like to point out an accomplishment for me, in that I instantly recognized that Jirachi and Emolga had the same voice actress when the Who’s that Pokemon aired. That “Ji-ra” totally matched Emolga’s “E-mo”. Yeah, not really important, but I’m happy.

Ayyee!

Oh, I knew this would have something to do with this kid’s dad. She gave off those vibes.

So those streamers do get longer. I was wondering why they looked so long in some artworks.

At this point, I'm starting to think it would have been better to use random CODs as the villains for DA. Team Rocket has no reason to be around half of the time, and their reasons for getting involved are pretty pathetic and anticlimactic, not to mention their appearances are just short and unnecessary. I think it would have been better for some random selfish guy to have wanted Jirachi to make a wish or some poacher to want to sell off to people wanting wishes.

But anyway, we got Team Rocket again. And after entrapping him in a glass, Jirachi was perfectly capable of getting out of that thing. And yet he just let the crazy girl put herself in danger. I think Jirachi was getting back at her.

Who cares if Axew is back to normal? He’s useless except for when the plot doesn't want him to be.

How coincidental! Her pops is back! What’s poppin’ Pops?

O_O I didn't think Jirachi actually said “thank you”. I can read Pokémon lips. T^T

That was actually a really sweet story with a nice happy ending. I really did enjoy the episode, overall. I'm not sure why, but it just gave me some nice OS vibes/feels for some reason. So I'll give it an 7/10.

No, they used some other Song but I Liked it but, probably Make a Wish is Better

Thank you ever so much! cant wait to watch it now

Cilan refers to Jirachi as a "mythical pokemon" instead of a "legendary pokemon," so this is the official term.

Cilan refers to Jirachi as a "mythical pokemon" instead of a "legendary pokemon," so this is the official term.

Mythical Pokemon was already an official term, it was meant to refer to Pokemon that are distributed solely through/mainly through Wifi, like Meleotta.

Jirachi already awoke for 7 days!! Ever heard of Jirachi Wishmaker, the best pokemon movie ever??

When Ash saw Jirachi in this episode he was like "Wait, isn't that..." as if he remembered Jirachi from the movie. This pretty much says that the movie was cannon. But if this is true, then that means Jirachi has awoken twice, which probably isn't possible. Plot hole.

Glad to see that the anime sacrificed the whole "We'll never see Jirachi again" emotional aspect of the movie to make a filler episode! Whatever, the Unova anime isn't cannon anyways.

Jirachi already awoke for 7 days!! Ever heard of Jirachi Wishmaker, the best pokemon movie ever??

When Ash saw Jirachi in this episode he was like "Wait, isn't that..." as if he remembered Jirachi from the movie. This pretty much says that the movie was cannon. But if this is true, then that means Jirachi has awoken twice, which probably isn't possible. Plot hole.

Glad to see that the anime sacrificed the whole "We'll never see Jirachi again" emotional aspect of the movie to make a filler episode! Whatever, the Unova anime isn't cannon anyways.

The Jirachi here and the one in Movie 6 are two different Jirachi. There are multiple Jirachi in the world. The belief that there is only 1 of each Legendary Pokémon is not true.

Now that I've posted, this was a pretty boring episode. Granted, the fact that the dub version was just a sea of dub music all the way through probably helps contribute to this.

The Jirachi here and the one in Movie 6 are two different Jirachi. There are multiple Jirachi in the world. The belief that there is only 1 of each Legendary Pokémon is not true.

Now that I've posted, this was a pretty boring episode. Granted, the fact that the dub version was just a sea of dub music all the way through probably helps contribute to this.

Are you sure there's multiple Jirachi? I always thought it was clear that there is only one.

Are you sure there's multiple Jirachi? I always thought it was clear that there is only one.

This episode makes it clear that there is more than one Jirachi. Just like there is more than one Mew and obviously more than one Celebi.

Okay, but I still think they should have kept Jirachi to the movie to preserve the magic of the "only once in a thousand years" story. It seems like there was only supposed to be one Jirachi until this episode changed that.

The Japanese version is much better than the dub on this occasion. I was not surprised that "A Small Thing" was replaced, I was expecting that in all honesty. The instrumental of "Be Brave, Be Strong, Be Honest" from movie 15 didn't sit right with me. Vocalized versions of "Follow Your Star" or "If We Only Learn to Trust" would have been better and If my ears aren't lying, the only piece of original bgm I heard was predictably Team Rockets motto and with just 1 piece of RAW music in this episode is quite disappointing.

The Japanese version had more emotion than the dub, their choice of music helped with that. All said and done though, I was happy with the dub voice acting and the writers fixing the scripting error in the Team Rocket Motto.

This episode makes it clear that there is more than one Jirachi. Just like there is more than one Mew and obviously more than one Celebi.

Okay, but I still think they should have kept Jirachi to the movie to preserve the magic of the "only once in a thousand years" story. It seems like there was only supposed to be one Jirachi until this episode changed that.

That's pretty much true for every movie that features a legendary. That's also why most of the movies are normally considered non-canon.

This is likely my favorite Pokemon episode, so I was itching to catch the dub.

Ohey, they finally fixed the opening. It's pretty awkward that I'm used to the wrong opening than the right one.

I'm surprised they didn't keep Gemma's original name (Holly), since it's not an uncommon name in the West. Maybe it's a reference to Jirachi's gem/egg thing? I really like her voice in the dub; she sounds like an actual kid, and can really emote. I hope to see her do more work in the dub. I liked Gemma's design and character, too.

I'm also glad the Rockets cut down on the alliteration this ep. Too bad they were rhyming constantly.

It was a good ep, though not without its faults. The story was simple, but I liked it that way. The dub was nice, but I think I'll stick to the original Japanese episode.

This was actually a pretty good episode because it was so sweet. I love Jirachi, it's so awesome and I'm really happy I managed to obtain one on the GTS a couple of days ago. Made me look even more forward to the dub of this episode :3

The dub wasn't that bad, but the original episode was so much better. Mainly changing the music at the end kinda ruined the enjoyment there to me. Chiisaki Mono fit so well there in the original and made actual sense plus it gave a whole load of emotion to that scene. All emotion was lost with that scene in the dub, to me at least.

Still, I'd like to give this episode a 7.5.

Mods, as you already announced that there would be a rant and a filler-thread as soon as X/Y starts, please do me a favor and also create a thread assigned to the discussion of music only. Seeing so many review threads turning into places where only music seems to play the most important role is kind of annoying if you ask me.

Anyways, I liked this episode, mostly because you could actually feel the concerns and anxiety which Jemma was going through. Being confronted with the possibility of having to leave the place where you've lived since you were born and not having seen your father for two years sure is a good reason for doing everything in your power to make your wish come true. So, although Jirachi could have been a bit more "grown-up" and could have been given a less shrill voice, I liked the drama behind the story. Of course, it wasn't until the very last day that our heroes were finally able to find Jirachi and, of course, TRio had to try to catch it first, but nevertheless the climax of the episode was quite moving and so the happy end didn't seem to be forced luckily.

All in all, a more than decent episode that makes for good entertainment.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom