• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PK25: Eevee & Friends

Kit Chan

Team Galactic Grunt
Reaction score
Now that its up on Pokémon TV, What did everyone think of it?

I thought everything in it was great except for the painful narrations pointing out the obvious.
The narrations alone completely ruined it for me.

Last edited:
The special was both cute and funny. The Eeveelution houses were very creative, and it was nice how each eeveelution had its own personality. There were a few funny moments, like Oshawott getting hit with attacks and then running around as if he was a leaf monster without realizing it. Meowth and and Wobbuffet were funny in their Glaceon and Leafeon disguises, especially with everyone's reactions before they were blasted off.

The animations for the different skies shown when attacks were being used was really done well. The special definitely could have gone without the Narrator, since she wasn't really needed to understand what was going on.

Wow, Oshawott sure took a shit-ton of abuse in this short. I think my favourite moments were the interactions between him and overly-affectionate Jolteon. XD

Story-wise it was a bit thin, even by Pikachu short standards, but visually speaking, this was quite a delightful short, with some of the individual eeveelution rooms being nicely realised. Leafeon's room looked particularly lovely.

For all the criticism the narration is getting, I thought that the VA did a better job here than in "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade". At least she didn't sound quite so bored half the time.

Last edited:
This short was so adorable. All of the Pokemon's interactions were so cute with one another, even if it didn't have much of a story it was worth the watch imo. The animation during the part with the changing skies was gorgeous! Of course Miju and Nyasu fall in love with some of the Eeveelutions....

This is one of my favorite Pikachu shorts in a while, if I get past the pointless narration. I loved seeing all the Eeveelutions, especially getting to see Sylveon for the first time animated and voiced. Meowth falling for them was funny, as was Oshawott getting hurt repeatedly. The show in the sky at the end was fabulous. I certainly enjoyed this more than the movie it's attached to.

As an Eeveelution fanatic, I quite enjoyed this short. It was cute and funny and I really liked how they gave each Eeveelution its own personality. The scene with the Sky/Star show was beautiful and I liked how Umbreon had some friends join the party, too.

The only thing that bothered me, and it really shouldn't at this point, was that I just couldn't wrap my mind around how this event would be canonically possible, especially since the announcer said they'd "have fun again tomorrow" or something along those lines. I just kept thinking: "Where the hell is Ash?"

Also of minor annoyance was Oshawott. Ash already had Pikachu there; Iris and Cilan had once Pokemon each, yet Ash's Oshawott was there, too. It just feels slightly like favoritism.

Overall, very enjoyable short. I give it a 10/10.

I hope they release it on DVD with the narrations optional

I liked how it reminded me of mystery dungeon games

The only thing that bothered me, and it really shouldn't at this point, was that I just couldn't wrap my mind around how this event would be canonically possible, especially since the announcer said they'd "have fun again tomorrow" or something along those lines. I just kept thinking: "Where the hell is Ash?"

The Pikachu shorts generally aren't designed to have much relation to the main series, beyond the featured pokemon corresponding with whatever is on the main characters' teams at the time. Whereas the early theatrical shorts were often book-ended by brief appearances from Ash and co, from the ANA shorts onward they've tended to focus entirely upon the pokemon having adventures in their own private world, usually without a single human in sight. They're probably best regarded as simple spin-offs rather than direct supplements to the main story and, as such, don't necessarily have to be seen as existing in quite the same continuity.

The Pikachu shorts generally aren't designed to have much relation to the main series, beyond the featured pokemon corresponding with whatever is on the main characters' teams at the time. Whereas the early theatrical shorts were often book-ended by brief appearances from Ash and co, from the ANA shorts onward they've tended to focus entirely upon the pokemon having adventures in their own private world, usually without a single human in sight. They're probably best regarded as simple spin-offs rather than direct supplements to the main story and, as such, don't necessarily have to be seen as existing in quite the same continuity.

I understand that. That's why I said it shouldn't bother me at this point. But still, in the back of my mind, I always question it.

The genders of each of the Eeveelutions were made apparent to us:

Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon and Umbreon are male while Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon are female.

Unfortunately I'm unsure about Eevee due to it clearly being a child.

This was a cute short. It was clearly made to appeal to little kids, but I enjoyed it, especially the sky show scene.

I thought this was a highly adorable short and I love how each Eeveelution had its own room inspired by their typing and they each had their own personality. I thought the playful and overly affectionate Jolteon was just purely adorable, though I was pretty irritated with all the torture the writers put Oshawott through. The cosmic display at the end was just absolutely beautiful and very well animated. It was a pretty nice short!

The show the Pokemon gave was beautiful.

The rest of it was awful. That narrator...

Guess Ash, Iris and Cilan don't care about thier Pokemon if they're chilling their for a while. Why are they suddenly friends with Meowth and Wobuffet?

Why are they suddenly friends with Meowth and Wobuffet?

Pikachu is frequently on friendlier terms with Meowth in the pokemon shorts. Like I say, continuity with the main anime is intended to be quite loose in these things.

Pikachu shorts are always overly cutesy, but I thought this was one of the more entertaining ones.

I think the scene with the fancy displays on the cliff was just an excuse for the animators to experiement with crazy stuff that they otherwise wouldn't have the chance to in any other context.

Was the video quality bad for anyone else? I couldn't watch it fullscreen, it was too blurry.

It was cute, but yeah, the narration was too much.

The sunset (sunsets are pretty much guaranteed to be awesome in this anime) and the space scenes really were beautiful.

Too much narration. Sounds like Bonnie, no offense. Also the ending theme is cool for tweens' because it sounded like something out of Radio Disney. I like the Japanese Ending way better.

I understand that. That's why I said it shouldn't bother me at this point. But still, in the back of my mind, I always question it.
Me too.
But while I understand that these shorts are always pokemon only oriented it still makes you go "Where the heck is Ash?" because Ash and pikachu are inseparable! How could pikachu just go off on these adventures and Ash not for a second wonder what's going on with pikachu? And I know Cilan would have been more responsible and Iris would have been worried about Axew and Pansage. They just look like they don't care. At least say you dropped them off at a park for relaxation ot something.

The genders of each of the Eeveelutions were made apparent to us:

Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon and Umbreon are male while Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon are female.

Unfortunately I'm unsure about Eevee due to it clearly being a child.

This was a cute short. It was clearly made to appeal to little kids, but I enjoyed it, especially the sky show scene.

Eevee felt like a boy to me in spite of the little heart put on his picture.

Other than the Narrative being unnecessary the movie itself was cute and I loved the sky show! It was so beautiful. This is my favorite short ever! (For obvious reasons. ;-) )

The narration was so annoying, I felt like I was being talked down to for the entire special - I can see what's happening, yet the narrator won't shut up... The special itself was kinda boring, too.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom