• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY017 - Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY0?? - Froakie VS Frogadier

Get ready for some epic ninja styled battles. : D

Looking forward to this one out of the up coming episodes :D

Can Froakie lose this one and then express a desire to grow stronger and evolve?

Break that water starter curse Froakie!

Oh hell to the no, if you do the damn Froakie doesn't have to evolve to win story again I swear to freaking god writers -_-....

Froakie can kiss his chances of evolving good bye.

If he wins his chances are killed automatically.

If he loses, he'll just want to get stronger so he can defeat frogadier as a froakie instead of giving in and evolving. He's strikes me as the kind of pokemon who views evolving to beat something as giving up.

Well remember, XY has a different writing staff and Treecko fought a Grovyle and still evolved so it's always possible that they have Froakie go the opposite direction and actually like its evolution/be ambivalent and still evolve.

Don't see the big deal, Treecko and Gligar both did battle with their evolutions and they evolved without any issue. I think people are jumping too conclusions...

In fact since there's only 69 Pokemon to go around, it doesn't surprise me they'd need to double up on owners of new Pokemon.

Despite still not evolving a Water-type starter Pokemon Ash has, the writers sure love making a lot of episodes focused on them. This makes for the 4th Froakie centred episode this saga, and that's a lot this early. Oshawott got his episodes a bit later on in BW!. If this is trying to set up for it to evolve around, or even during the second gym, I'd really welcome it, and it would be justified, especially with this amount of focus and battles. I honestly hope this episode goes the route with Treeko when it battled Grovyle so it actually does evolve later on.

I hope Frogadier's trainer isn't a CotD. A ninja rival would be cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet.

I hope Frogadier's trainer isn't a CotD. A ninja rival would be cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet.

Hopefully a Kunoichi perhaps.

Anywho, I believe this is just another development episode for Froakie. I hope they handle this well. Also he seems to be getting all these episodes to shine, but we will see how much development Froakie gets.

I really hope that doesn't mean Froakie isn't evolving. Anyway, it will be nice to see Frogadier in the aniime. Can't wait for Braixen to appear!

Don't see the big deal, Treecko and Gligar both did battle with their evolutions and they evolved without any issue. I think people are jumping too conclusions...

It might be relevant that of all of Ash's previous starters, Froakie is most similar to Treecko.

As Ash's only starter, I feel like it's guaranteed Froakie will evolve all the way like Treecko did. The only ones where his starters didn't evolve all the way have been when he had all three (Kanto, Johto, and Unova).

According to the Klefki Mini-Movie Poster, he won't evolve by the summer...although that's only about, what, 34 episodes into the series so I don't really think losing hope is needed.

Of course I wouldn't rule out them simply wanting to have the XY Starters displayed in their first forms either.

Really hoping the kunoichi is a true rival for Satoshi, instead of just a "CotD rival". I dig her design.

Definitely looking forward to this:

1. Cool ninja rival
2. Chances of providing good development and story for Froakie, leading to his evolution later in the series (like Treecko did - they're pretty similar in some ways, so wynaut).

I thought they were going to go AG-style and have Ash not have a rival... Anyway, is that rival a boy or a girl? And if it's a permanent rival, my hopes of Froakie evolving will go down to zero. As far as I remember, the Grovyle and Gliscor that Ash's Treeko and Gligar fought respectively, were one-time characters and not owned by a recurring rival like Trip's Serperior or Cameron's Samurott.

I thought they were going to go AG-style and have Ash not have a rival... Anyway, is that rival a boy or a girl? And if it's a permanent rival, my hopes of Froakie evolving will go down to zero. As far as I remember, the Grovyle and Gliscor that Ash's Treeko and Gligar fought respectively, were one-time characters and not owned by a recurring rival like Trip's Serperior or Cameron's Samurott.
Well, Shinji was a permanent rival, who had a Dodaitose, but that didn't stop Satoshi's Naetle from evolving into Hayashigame and eventually, Dodaitose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom