• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY015 - Harimaron vs Mafoxy! A Diet Battle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
XY015 - ハリマロンVSマフォクシー!ダイエットバトル!? | Harimaron vs Mafoxy! A Diet Battle!?
Source: Newtype

(Thanks to Bluesun for the translation)
A gluttonous 'Spiny Nut Pokemon' Harimaron eats too much and ends up with a fat belly. As such, it ends up battling Satoshi's Pokemon for to get some exercise after eating. But its belly is heavy, and its movements slow, so it ends up losing to Keromatsu and others. Worried that its health might be in danger, Citron, a Trainer, invents an Exercise Gear for Harimaron.

Last edited:
Odd. I thought Braixen would've been shown first. Perhaps to be saved for Serena's Fennekin evolving?

Harimaron is

a) doomed
b) a Deus ex Machima
c) learning Rollout or Bite. Or maybe a TM move.

At least its nice to know they saved some stuff and didn't show everything in that extended preview :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, there was a screen showing Chespin vs. Delphox I saw the other day, but for some reason it wasn't in the actual preview.

It showed a cowboy controlling Delphox.

EDIT: Here's even a gif of it!

p1BYSSu.gif

Come on writers, take some of froakie's DEM and give it to chespin so he can get a real win.

Delphox so soon? Wow. Is this the earliest that a fully evolved starter appeared--in the flesh-- in their respective region (not including in the movies)?
I was curious and checked it out:
Unova- Serperior BW90, Samurott BW94, Emboar first appeared in BW71
Sinnoh- Torterra debuted DP40, Infernape DP163, Empoleon DP101
Hoenn- Blaziken EP265 so it was the earliest starter to appear but not in its own region, otherwise AG191; Sceptile AG128, Swampert AG32
Johto- Meganium EP261, Typhlosion AG15, Feraligatr EP194 (or the Legend of Thunder for all 3 if you want to get technical and include specials)
Kanto- Venusaur EP51, Charizard EP46, Blastoise EP60
Not including appearences in flashbacks, robots, and hallucinations caused by ghost Pokemon.

So Blaziken was actually the earliest fully-evolved starter to appear even before Ash got to Hoenn, while Delphox is the earliest to appear in its own respective region.

This sounds like an interesting episode and maybe Chespin will get some hits in before it gets Kentucky-fried. Never really expected Delphox to be owned by an elderly cowboy/farmer, though.

The Delphox Owned by an Old Man BRING IT ON, I want to give this Episode a Chance because it could be Good and I Like Chespin.

This sounds like it could be a good focus episode for Chespin and Clemont.

With it being Delphox, one of my favorite Generation VI Pokemon vs Chespin; I was hoping Delphox would win in this battle. I think Chespin will likely pull out a win with a Super-effective Rollout attack or something in the end. It would be nice though if Chespin does learn a new attack here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other battles in this episode, and how Chespin's weight slows it down against the other Pokemon. Chespin will definitely learn a lesson in the end in this episode. I expect the first battles to be brief and for it to go down easily. Chespin will probably go through some exercises first, and then try and battle Delphox.

I'm now imagining Chespin learning Rollout, and finding it does lots of damage due to it being fat.

Diet Battle? That is not what I was expecting for the debut episode of my favorite Pokémon. Oh well, at least I will get to see Mafoxy early in the anime.

Why is it reminding me of Supersize me? Ugh don't remind me! Well yes it feels like those health videos that you watch in health class than a Pokemon episode. Yes I can see Clemont worrying because being overweight can cause some serious health problems such as diabetes, cardio and vascular problems, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and many more. But I hope Clemont's exercise gear doesn't explode. Maybe a possible full body view of his pajamas will be shown. And now we know why Clemont's raging/freaking out! I'm just assuming. Why do I see a possible shirtless Clemont for that episode too? Or maybe it's just my teenage hormones. Okay I'll be quiet about that. That episode seems interesting.

That old man is the best character design we've seen in years!

So Clemont will just go to a random man who looks like a cowboy and ask him for a battle to get Chespin less fat? OK, weird. Why do he have to battle this man when he could battle Ash, Serena or even Bonnie?

I was kind of hoping that we wouldn't see any of the fully evolved starters until Ash/Serena/Clemont had evolved theirs. Would of made for a more dramatic debut appearance rather then a small minority in another Pokemon's "Problem"

So Clemont will just go to a random man who looks like a cowboy and ask him for a battle to get Chespin less fat? OK, weird. Why do he have to battle this man when he could battle Ash, Serena or even Bonnie?

The summary already stated that Chespin battled a couple of the groups pokemon and lost due to being fat lol.

I think the old man see's Clemont struggling with Chespin so he offers his assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom