• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY016: Dedenne is Pichu, Pichu is Dedenne...!?

Episode 16: Pichu

Fokko out of Pokeball? Focus on Dedenne since minute 1.

Dedenne dissapeared? In the middle of the forest?

Title card: Eureka.

Searching for Dedenne. They found it eating.
Pokemon Center

The gag reutrns? The mother of the Pichu girl?

The girl choses thw wrong pochette.

Battle: Piakchu vs Harimaron

A pichu appears. Use san electric attack.
Pikachu talks to Pichu. Serena scans Pichu.

they return to the Center They don'pt fopund the pochette.

The little girl is a little girl, like Eureka. No comparison to Hikari possible The little girl has Dedenne.

There are a lot of people.

Dare da?

Pichu.

The girl is identify as the girl ribbon.

They try to search Dedenne. While the girl is enjoying itow from a man a ribbon.

Now to create another of Clemont invent. While Pichu and Pikachu are playing. Dedenne is sad. Dedenne is trppaed in a shop with many pokemon plush.

The invent is ready. They use the electric abilitiy. Will it work with no problems?

They use Pikachu, Apaparently it does. Pikachu brokes the machine.

They found the mother of the little girl

The tlittle girl is on tghe grass The zone appears to be agriculture And now there are Spear. PiakchuThundershocks Spear. More Beedrill are attacking him.

The little girl found Dedenne. Dedenne and Pichu leaves. the girl goes into tears Eureka also des so. And while Satoshi is hungry. The gang and the little girl are eating together.

Two opinions of the episode:
I thought the little girl are more older. In reality, it was like Eureka.

The scene of Pichu and Pikachu from the upcoming episodes preview it hasn't appeared as far as I know.

And Serena VA appears to be "bland". However, K------ TV is not a reliable way to judge a VA performance
Edit: I changed crappy for bland because my sensation is more that Serena voice is bland (it sounds like a generic girl) than crappy (Serena's vopice sounded horrible).

Last edited:
Alright a New Episode and we get a Lost Pokemon Episode, How Original, NOT really, so Dednne Get's Lost and Bonnie get's another Girls Pichu by Accident. And now they have to go find her.

The Moment I saw this Episode on the New Years Special, I was like, Yeah this LOOKS REALLY BAD, and when the Preview came out it Looked eve more Bad IMO, and now we have the Episode, so how was it? UMMMMMMMMM THIS Episode IS NOT Good.

I Mean, I Feel like the Writers were Rehashing Previous Episodes AGAIN, and well this was just Bad, I did NOT Like the Sylpheon Episode a few Weeks back, and this Episode Beat it. IMO, this is the WORST XY Episode Yet, I really DID NOT Enjoy this Episode one bit, the Characters were Boring, the Script made NO SENSE at all.

I Think my Biggest Issue with this Episode is 2 things. 1. It's a RIPOFF of other Episodes IMO, I don't Want to say what Episodes, but I Knew it Copied Off of other ones. 2. and this is Probably my Biggest Complaint of the Episode, and that is the Script, it tried so hard to be Entertaining but it fell right on it's Face. Also I know who Wrote this Script, the Good Ole Cartoon Cat is back and this is probably what he said during Writing, "DAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAA I'm Gonna make a Filler that will try and be Entertaining, and take off Elements of other Episodes DAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

On a Positive Note, I Liked when Fennekin WAS IN Serena's Hands that was Interesting, I Wonder if that set Up that Fennekin might be Outside of it's Poke Ball a lot maybe?

This all my Opinion and if Some People don't Like what I said I Understand it' just I Found the Episode VERY BORING. My Review is VERY LOW 3.1, NOT a Goo Episode to say in the Least for Me.

Haha, Fokko is eating sticks again. :D And Eureka, it's not okay to ask any random girl to marry your big bro.

"Unova Hero Theme" (not it's real name but you know what I mean) played during Pikachu's and Harimaron's battle! Man, I love it and it's been a time since I've heard it! "Unova Panic Theme" played when the Spear chased that little girl.

Speaking of BGM, we finally heard little bit longer version of Glittering Cave. The beginning of it was heard in Nyasper episode. Santalune Forest theme played in this episode, too.

I always like when Pikachu gets to hang around a Pichu - brings out a nice side of his personality that's slightly replicated with Dedenne but not fully. Have no idea how Pikachu came down the tree that quickly carrying an apple for himself.

Obviously the premise of a Pokemon mix up episode isn't hugely unique - but I don't think that deserves to be a mark against it. You really get a feel for the comparatively huge scale of Kalos when you see the detailed cities and vast landscapes in an episode like this - the art is really good, and any premise for exploring that is fine by me.

Plus, we again saw Dedenne actually battle, as well as its very relaxed personality compared to Pichu.

Considering Pikachu is always out of his Pokeball so can jump into the plot at any time, it would be nice if he wasn't always Ash's go to for battles. Nothing was gained by Chespin battling Pikachu - especially as we haven't had much screentime for Fletchling recently. It's annoying when Ash doesn't use his flying Pokemon in search episodes, there's no reason not to. At least Fennekin got a few seconds of screentime though.

But otherwise, not every episode is going to be action packed and not all of them are going to have unique plots, this episode did a good job showing off Kalos and again had good character interactions. That's enough to be a good episode.

Favourite scene:
Just like seeing Pokemon merchandise inside the Pokemon world -
eIyy3xZ.jpg

It's really cool that BW BGM is being used in this series. Hopefully BGM from OS-DP will be used as well.

everything about eureka melts the cockles of even my ice-cold heart though

i love she plays off the rest of the cast whether it be igniting serena/citron/satoshi's big sib instinct or just eureka acting like a cute little kid in overfeeding the pokemon she takes care of and offering her brother's hand in marriage

this group wouldn't be the same without her, seriously.

I'm glad Dedenne is getting episodes to itself, I was so worried it would just kind of become a background piece.

This episode was probably one of my favorites of the series; I mean yeah, its plot wasn't exactly original, but that's never a bad thing as long as the episode can keep me entertained, which this one definitely did. And the animation as of this episode still seems to be better than before. I mean yeah, it's not as good as the first few episodes, but that was to be expected. And I can really appreciate how there's not a glaring difference between animation directors episode to episode. Best Wishes did make it less obvious compared to the first three series, but they really accomplished it here. Also, the use of BW background music makes me hope they'll use that series' Pokemon Center theme; it was probably one of my favorite tracks. Or maybe they'll finally start using music from the first three series again? The Kanto music used in that "Road to Kalos" special makes me optimistic.

After the awesome Clemont episode last week, we get an adorable Bonnie episode this week! Great!

Bonnie was so adorable in this episode, as she always is. I liked seeing the issue of her constantly feeding Dedenne and Clemont advising her not to. She's receiving more skills that she'll be able to use once she becomes a trainer. And I also liked how Serena took this away too while she was feeding Fennekin a twig.

Bonnie's proposal was once again adorable. I love how she mentioned Clemont's gym leader status to try to get the girl to go for him. So is keeping your little electric-type Pokémon in yellow satchels a thing in Kalos? I thought it was nice to get a small training battle between Ash and Clemont. Though I would have preferred Serena doing some training, but regardless, it was nice. I also liked how Serena saved Bonnie from Pichu's attack. I'm loving their bond. Speaking of bonds, I also liked Ash comforting Bonnie. I've said this before already, but I love this group's dynamics!

It was so cute to see Bonnie sad over Dedenne's being lost and Pichu cheering her up. How in the hell did Dedenne get in that store? That thing is fast. And then Clemont's newest invention shows up. And it requires large amounts of electricity. I already know how this thing is gonna blow up. Though I must say, I like how they keeping using Pikachu and Dedenne's electricity communication as means of locating each other. With this, it was great that Dedenne got to battle the Beedril. My only wish is that Bonnie could have commanded Dedenne rather than Clemont, but that's just a minor nitpick.

I don't know what it is, but there's something I loved about the scene of Bonnie crying and Clemont comforting her. It was sweet to see how much she missed Dedenne and was worried about it. And the last scene was just too cute. Just cuteness all around in this episode.

Overall, I really liked episode. Bonnie was cute as usual and got some development. Everyone's interactions with her were sweet. No Team Rocket. And even the other girl and her sister were cool characters. Another minor nitpick that I have is that I really wish Dedenne would have been more concerned over being lost and trying to find Bonnie. 8/10 for this one.

Well, this episode was never going to be a particularly interesting one. There was nothing in the full feature which you couldn't have expected from the preview. But everyone knew that would be the case already, so it's hardly something to whine about.

We did see Fennekin eat a twig, and some tiny portion of a training match for Chespin, but really all the focus was on Bonnie and Dedenne and the rather predictable mix-up formula. An opportunity was missed to have Fletchling try searching from the sky or even Fennekin try to pick up Dedenne's scent -- it wouldn't really have stolen plot focus, and it'd have given either or both of them much needed screen time. I'm surprised wandering around asking people worked.

To dig a little into the details: Dedenne's short encounter with The Designated Evil Wild Pokemon was a somewhat useful indicator that Dedenne isn't going to be just a sideline-sitting cute thing, especially taken in combination with its battle against Chespin in the previous episode. It was also interesting that Clemont rather than Bonnie gave it the command, as it's been mostly Bonnie's responsibility so far.

Minor animation/agriculture complaint: Pikachu seems to pull Dedenne's apple/berry right off the side of a thick branch.

Most boring episode yet in this series. Episodes with no real action can potentially be really good, but this Dedenne and Pichu plot was just dull beyond words. And yeah, a Beedrill attack... not really the thing that makes you excited, seeing that again. I'm also not really a fan of praising episodes just because they supposedly are cute - cuteness sure didn't save this one from being boring as hell to watch.

I really liked the use of B/W music though, I hope they keep it up mixing in B/W music with the new X/Y stuff.

I really liked the BGM playing when they were running around the city.

It was a good episode, but I hope Dedenne's constant running off for food doesn't become too much of a habit. Not counting the bag-switch in the Center, it got lost four times (once at the start, again at the park, when it smelled donuts; when it was nestled in with the plushies; and I'm guessing in the grapes?) It's annoying seeing Beedrill uses as an enemy again, but it's good to see they're not abusing Team Rocket's role again.

the one thing that popped out to me was the use of Harley's hair. other then that, this episode was pretty good. but i want another gym battle already

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like this episode too much, there didn't seem to be much action and my favorite part was that short battle between Chespin and Pikachu. I did like a few of the funny moments, like at the end when Bonnie and the other girl were looking very guilty. I like the music that was used when the Beedrill were attacking, it's one of my favorites that is played occasionally. Dedenne sure loves donuts.

I'm glad there was at least a few cute and good things about the episode that I enjoyed.

Not much excitement for me in this episode. Focusing mostly on 2 Pokemon I don't really care much about (Pichu & Dedenne). At least it had its good moments (mainly Chespin battle and Dedenne brave near the end of the episode), not enough to make enjoy the episode a lot. I love collecting Pokemon plushies so it it was interesting and fun to see them in a episode (made me wish I could visit the store) - thing that really ruined it was Bonnie & that other girl (forgot her name) crying near the end of the episode.

Personally, as the way I like episodes I'd give it 3 out 10 - it wasn't good but it also wasn't the worst. I, myself, wouldn't watch it again, unless I'm watching all the episodes in order.

Eh, I thought it was a pretty boring episode. I think I prefer Eureka and Dedenne as characters more when they’re off to the side of things rather than the main focus, and neither of the COTD trainers really brought anything interesting to the episode on their own. The one thing that stood out to me was when the older sister (don’t remember her name) was talking to her friend (don’t remember her name, either) about the same Gym and Gym Leader that the main cast are headed to. Probably doesn’t mean anything for either of them, but it was some foreshadowing. Otherwise, I don’t think I’ll be trying to watch this one again.

I mean, this episode wasn't bad. It was just boring, lacking of much plot. I can't wait until the other episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom