• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service to end in May for Wii, Nintendo DS, DSi systems: Gl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service to end in May for Wii, Nintendo DS, DSi systems: Global Trade ...

Starting May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service will no longer be available for the Wii, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo DSi systems and the games that use the Wi-Fi Connection service.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service to end in May for Wii, Nintendo DS, DSi systems

Bye bye Wi-Fi for Gen IV and V. Also, losing Wi-Fi for other games like Smash Bros and GoldenEye sucks.

Re: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service to end in May for Wii, Nintendo DS, DSi systems

...why? :( It was fun playing those Wi-fi games on HG/SS and Platinum. No more SSBB online? I'll play a few last times before they discontinue the wi-fi service.

Is Pokémon Conquest affected? I remember it has an option to download extra missions like Ranger Net.

Yay for no more Wi-Fi connectivity NOPE!

I guess gen IV and gen V players have to go through their trades quickly before the service finally shuts down. I'm sorry to anyone who hasn't gotten a 3DS or XY yet. :/

I hope they will never shut down the transportation service of Pokemon from generation V to generation VI, because that would leave out the earlier games. I still want to play these games because of the gameplay and adventure, but contribute to my Pokemon collection on XY. I'm glad they keep this connection and I hope they will in the future. I like to think of Pocket Monsters as an expanding game world, even though they are separate games. I hope they will never repeat the mistake between gen II and III, which they later solved somewhat with FRLG and HGSS.

I was expecting this to happen for GenIV pretty soon, Nintendo can't keep the servers going for ever, but Gen V??????? Gen V has only just finished!

Gen IV is one thing... but not Gen V. Gen V has been around for only a short time, yet they're gonna axe its Wi-Fi connection anyway? What's the deal with that? That's hardly fair for many players. While Gen IV is fine, as it's been around for a very long time, Gen V just wrapped up a few months ago, and they're gonna put its Wi-Fi stuff on the butcher's block already? If that's the case, I better get my act together and finish up some unfinished business before May comes rolling in. Talk about a sucker punch...

Ahh, but I haven't finished soul silver yet. I need to get a move on.

I take it this will affect the poketransporter from gen 4 games to black and white ?

This sucks. Majorly. I wonder why Nintendo is shutting down Wi-fi for DS, Dsi, and Wii Games though?

I better get all the fun and excitment and stuff as much as I can, before they cut the rope on the guillotine that'll cut the Wi-fi connection and cut everyones heads off and 'cause everyone to run wild like a chicken. :p

But that aside, that sucks…

I don't think it will, but will it effect Migration between Gen III to Gen IV, and Gen IV to Gen V, and Gen V to X and Y?

Doesn't this also mean that people who use Pokecheck and Pokegen will get the axe as well?

This is bad :( That means people who will restart their gen V games will never be able to complete their pokédex unless they have all the other previous games...

At least it'll reduce the amount of hacked pokémons in gen VI. I guess.

Ahh, but I haven't finished soul silver yet. I need to get a move on.

I take it this will affect the poketransporter from gen 4 games to black and white ?

You mean bw to xy? The Pokemon bank is the only Wi-Fi connected; gen 4 to bw is wireless between DSs. Pokemon Bank will not be affected, yet. I don't know about the future when generation VII is released, if the Pokemon mover will still be available for bw. For now, you can still move Pokemon from gen III all the way to gen VI.

I don't think it will, but will it effect Migration between Gen III to Gen IV, and Gen IV to Gen V, and Gen V to X and Y?

Doesn't this also mean that people who use Pokecheck and Pokegen will get the axe as well?

Shouldn't effect any migration, GenIII to IV and IV to V don't require internet, and V to VI is fine as Transporter for still work.

I don't think it'll effect Pokecheck or other fake GTS sites either, because that works by tricking the game into connecting to a different GTS than Nintendo's official one. (perhaps this means someone can simulate the GTS on a different server???)

So wait, does that mean you can't trade between two of your games, or is that kind of local trading done wirelessly and won't be affected?

So wait, does that mean you can't trade between two of your games, or is that kind of local trading done wirelessly and won't be affected?

that's done wirelessly, that won't be affected

I don't think it'll effect Pokecheck or other fake GTS sites either, because that works by tricking the game into connecting to a different GTS than Nintendo's official one. (perhaps this means someone can simulate the GTS on a different server???)

I had thought that too, but apparently (for some strange reason) you have to connect to Nintendo's servers first, then Pokecheck's servers, so it will not work unless Pokecheck finds a way to mimic Nintendo's servers more accurately.

Well this sucks. I better enjoy the WiFi Plaza and GTS as much as I can. I really enjoy those features.

Gen IV is one thing... but not Gen V. Gen V has been around for only a short time, yet they're gonna axe its Wi-Fi connection anyway? What's the deal with that? That's hardly fair for many players. While Gen IV is fine, as it's been around for a very long time, Gen V just wrapped up a few months ago, and they're gonna put its Wi-Fi stuff on the butcher's block already? If that's the case, I better get my act together and finish up some unfinished business before May comes rolling in. Talk about a sucker punch...
Tell me about it.

I've been done with Gen IV for a while now--my DS won't let me connect to Nintendo Wifi connection with Pearl or Platinum in it. But I'm hardly done with Gen V. There's still a lot of trades that could be done and now I'm looking at crunch time over here. Hell, I kept a few Legends on my copy of Black simply because I could trade an Arceus for a shiny Golett, unlike Gen VI GTS with its crazy restrictions.

Looks like I'll have to load up some Legends, grab what I need from Gen V and call it good. This still saddens me though. I have a lot of fond memories of trying to beat the clock in order to save an abandoned shiny Golett by hunting down a Manaphy...those were frustrating but good times.

Ugh now I have to finish the wi-fi missions in Ranger: Guardian Signs :/ It sucks that they're cutting off Gen 5, it's not even old.
As long as the mission is downloaded to your game, shouldn't you be good to do it whenever? It's more like DLC than online play, once you have it in your game, I don't see why you'd need to be connected to the Internet. (Unless I'm thinking of something else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom