• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY024: The Undersea Castle! Kuzumo and Dramidoro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphia

Reaction score
www.dotup.org project - 404 File Not found.

Apparently is neither of the points of the list posted 2 weeks ago.

海底の城!

Airs April 24st and has no summary at all.

Edit: One of the kanjis can mean "castle". Although it could have other meanings related to it.

The other two kanjis require reliable translations to discover the meaning.

Edit: The title apparently is Undersea Castle! Skrelp and Dragalge!

Last edited:
Dragalge so soon?

Then again I'm not surprised, we've already had Delphox, Dusknoir, Noivern and Aurorus in the next few episodes this early on, but I wish they'd save some of the new Pokemon for later episodes.

What?? o_O Wow they're debuting Kalos Pokémon way too fast! I wonder what the writers have planned, we're not even pass the 2nd gym. :dead: I hope this means the third version(s) of XY games have new Pókemon.

adjnsabjkfdsmakldmaslkda I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM ANIMATED!!!

And it's not that surprising that they're debuting them already. They should be by Ambrette Town, which is right by the route where you can catch them.

I'm looking forward to this :D I want to see Skrelp in the anime. And I'm going to check the English Dub for this episode later - just to hear them pronounce 'Skrelp' XDD

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org4968764.jpg
2nGm0Ey.png

Well isn't that the face of an angel...that sucked a bit too hard on a lemon.

Dragalge so soon?

Ash and co. should be in Coastal Kalos, so the Pokemon that can caught there in the games are likely to be featured in upcoming episodes.

The anime seems to have a tendency to not follow the game availability for Pokemon, so I don't really see how that would be much of a factor.

Still, you'd expect Pokemon like Skrelp and Dragalge to need some waterto live in, right? Though I guess they could just add a river.

Also, given the new mechanic with the three different Kalos dexes, I wouldn't be surprised if the anime writers actually did call some attention to which different groups of Pokemon live in different parts of Kalos.

Skrelp for Ash confirmed!! :O oh well, maybe not, but Ash desperately needs a new mon.

Dragalge so soon?

Ash and co. should be in Coastal Kalos, so the Pokemon that can caught there in the games are likely to be featured in upcoming episodes.

The anime seems to have a tendency to not follow the game availability for Pokemon, so I don't really see how that would be much of a factor.

True. Look at James' Inkay and Jessie's Pumpkaboo. Inkay is from the Coastal Dex, while Pumpkaboo is from the Mountain Dex, yet they were caught on Routes 4 and 5, respectively, nowhere near their "game locations".

As for the fact they are debuting so many Kalos Pokemon so quickly, I'm not surprised. With such a small number of new Mons this time around, it'd be hard to stretch it out without causing some problems. I wonder if anyone will catch Skrelp? But overall I am looking forward to it.

While I never would have expected 70-something new Pokes plus some megas (if you count those) to stretch an entire saga, I'm a bit baffled by the fact that the writers don't even seem to be trying to make the reveals last, with episodes like this one and the Amaura one debuting two related Pokemon at once... and this is past the six month delay since the games came out, so if the writers didn't even know there were so few new Pokemon you'd think they would have slowed down by now. But they haven't. Honestly, I wonder what they're up to :/

I'm sure the writers knew the ins and out of XY even in the last quarter of the BW series. It takes 6 months to finish one episode (so to do a weekly series, they work on maybe 8-10 episodes at once in various steps from completion), so the first episode of XY probably started production in March-April of 2013. Around that time, Mewtwo X (April) and Sylveon (Feb.) were the only new Pokemon around after the January 8th Direct.

But planning the series would go a bit further back than that. I would expect GameFreak/Nintendo gave them some inside info that wasn't public yet so they can have something to work with and plan ahead with any plots they will do.

True. Look at James' Inkay and Jessie's Pumpkaboo. Inkay is from the Coastal Dex, while Pumpkaboo is from the Mountain Dex, yet they were caught on Routes 4 and 5, respectively, nowhere near their "game locations".

True, true. But unlike the former two, Skrelp's line is more or less tied to the water, and one of Dragalge's dex entries mention how it lives in the sea/ocean (i.e. salt water). Because they can be seen floating in the air, Inkay and Pumpkaboo could be found anywhere in the anime mechanics. The part of Kalos that Ash and co. is approaching in the future is primarily ocean-based; the parts they have already been in included just fresh water, which wouldn't be a good place for the Skrelp line to live.

And based on the title alone, we do know Ash and co. will be travelling underwater.

As for the fact they are debuting so many Kalos Pokemon so quickly, I'm not surprised. With such a small number of new Mons this time around, it'd be hard to stretch it out without causing some problems.

Yeah, one would think that Skrelp or Dragalge could debut in two different episodes as opposed to being bundled together (just like Amaura and Aurorus).

I hope they go swimming! (I'm a Clemont fangirl and a hormonal teenager).

While I never would have expected 70-something new Pokes plus some megas (if you count those) to stretch an entire saga, I'm a bit baffled by the fact that the writers don't even seem to be trying to make the reveals last, with episodes like this one and the Amaura one debuting two related Pokemon at once... and this is past the six month delay since the games came out, so if the writers didn't even know there were so few new Pokemon you'd think they would have slowed down by now. But they haven't. Honestly, I wonder what they're up to :/

Official reason: To promote the games as much as possible.

For me, I have another, (who also applies to the Grant episode) to what I call "50th Anniversary TV Tokyo syndrome". Take the "syndroime" as something relative.

We know of 4 unconventional breaks in 5 months: a secoind break in New Year, BW iris Special, MEvolution Special Act I, a table tennis broadcast (the one not popular in Spain). And I have to remember that there could eb another special of TV Tokyo general programming for whatever reasoin, there's the MEvolution specials (hinted that there are more, and there's the Eevee short).

What causes all of this? That in 2014 the XY standard episodes to actually air will be around 40 as opposed to 47-48-49 episode that air since 2005.

Last edited:
Official reason: To promote the games as much as possible.

While that would make sense, I don't think any of the other sagas were hitting the new Pokemon quite as hard as this one. But I might be wrong.

... I have no idea about the rest of what you're saying, so I'll just leave it at that.

Ahhh! My favorite Gen 6 Pokémon is getting its anime appearance!! I love Dragalge so much ;_;

Summaries from Newtype/other early scans, by bluesun (Note: It's a mix of all three scan summaries, but the important points are there).-->

"Satoshi fishes up a "Mock Kelp" Pokemon Kuzumou at Muraille Coast, which badly poisons Pikachu with its attacks, so he asks a husband and wife passing by to help treat it. The couple turn out to be underwater archaeologists, who intend to dive into the strait to look for the luxury liner "The Cussler" that they believe sank in the ocean currents near the coast. Satoshi and friends decide to help them, but Team Rocket also eavesdrop in and hear about the cruise ship's existence, and decide they want to get the treasures aboard..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom