• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY028: Champion Carnet Appears! Mega Sirnight in the Mist!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: XY28: "The Champion Diantha Appears! Mega Gardevoir in the Fog!!"

I smell Diantha! Don't lie to me a quote in the games only implies to me Clemont's a Diantha fanboy.

"How did the world look after defeating the Champion? I really want to understand it. The way the world looks to a real Pokémon Champion... I'm trying to invent a machine that will let me see it for myself."

It's okay if you disagree but I think Clemont means Diantha by "champion". Sorry that sounds like he wants to be like her, like she's his idol almost. It's normal because people who are fans of certain celebrities idolize them (some people don't).

It may count for the anime too, Clemont being a Diantha fanboy. He may be secretive about it or he'll just do it. Like he'll fanboy over Diantha, just like how Cilan did in BW047 over the subway trains only a little worser. Then I see Serena and Bonnie getting annoyed by it either dragging him away or trying different ways to calm Clemont down (like getting him to sleep and many others).

re: XY28: "The Champion Carnet Appears! Mega Sirknight in the Fog!!"

Pokemon Fan summary by bluesun, first half of a one hour special on 5/29

"Satoshi arrives in a town and finds that the Kalos Region Champion, Karune is to appear in a Pokemon Battle Tournament there! So, he decide to watch her battle."

Seeing as this is part of a 1 hour special, this should be listed as Episode 29, not 28. Episodes 28 is "Ta-Da! Fake Ash Appears!!"

1ERmXx8.jpg

I'm eager to see this episode and really hope it's not the only one Diantha and her Gardevoir appear in.

REALLY excited for this episode and knowing Ash will face Diantha, he's being pretty smart using Pikachu. Considering he knows Iron Tail, but it'll only be effective if Ash can land a hit on Mega Gardevior. I doubt though it'll do a whole lot to it though. The screencap above just looks amazing and Diantha just looks beautiful in the anime, especially in that outfit in the bottom. I'm looking forward to this, though I just gotta say one thing...I will be pretty pissed off if they don't use Diantha's theme at all.

Diantha looks so awkward in the anime with those short-shorts. I wonder what moves her Gardevoir will have? My guess: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, Thunderbolt.

Diantha looks so awkward in the anime with those short-shorts. I wonder what moves her Gardevoir will have? My guess: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, Thunderbolt.

inb4moonblast but yeah she looks weird as hell

Ah,who cares about Diantha anyway? Cynthia would kit her ass!!
And that outfit of hers...ugly. Well, I'm not surprised because there can only be one true Pokemon Champion

Ah,who cares about Diantha anyway? Cynthia would kit her ass!!
And that outfit of hers...ugly. Well, I'm not surprised because there can only be one true Pokemon Champion
LMAO I honestly have to agree. In the games, Diantha is a total pushover up until you get to her Mega Gardevior. Even with Mega Gardevior, I still think Cynthia would beat her XD She could probably even win with Mega Garchomp despite its weakness to fairy types.

I'm hoping they'll really show off how powerful she can be in the anime though.

Last edited:
I just don't see Gardevoir getting touched (Iron Tail , Quick Attack) or hit (Thunderbolt, Electro Ball) by any of Pikachu's moves. I have a feeling this battle will end quickly and just be a rushed disappointment.

I just don't see Gardevoir getting touched (Iron Tail , Quick Attack) or hit (Thunderbolt, Electro Ball) by any of Pikachu's moves. I have a feeling this battle will end quickly and just be a rushed disappointment.

I don't know about that, unless her Gardevoir is running Teleport I could see it being a case of where it just sits there and takes the electric attacks like a weak breeze. Anyways, I think it'll be as good as the Elite 4 battles that Ash had back in Sinnoh. Unless Diantha decides to pull a Tobias and goes for Hypnosis/Dream Eater trolling.

I don't know about that, unless her Gardevoir is running Teleport I could see it being a case of where it just sits there and takes the electric attacks like a weak breeze. Anyways, I think it'll be as good as the Elite 4 battles that Ash had back in Sinnoh. Unless Diantha decides to pull a Tobias and goes for Hypnosis/Dream Eater trolling.
She does that in the Battle Maison... so much...

Diantha \o/ Such a greatly designed character and at the same time, such a boring and easy champion. Hopefully she will be be an interesting character in the anime.

Also, Mega Gardevoir. <3 Can't wait to see how a high-level Psychic-type will fight in this anime. Hopefully it will wreck the shit out of Pikachu.

In case someone hasn't seen the preview.

[video=youtube;VkClqYwhnMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkClqYwhnMM[/video]

Diantha <3

This is probably the best Champion Battles of all region! Can't wait to see it!
I've put 100 bucks if pikachu didn't hit Gardevoir on my bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom