• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY029: Ta-da! Fake Satoshi Appears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
93828d1397785856-upcoming-xy-episodes-korrina-hawlucha-mega-lucario-diantha-mega-mawile-etc-tumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
re: XY028: "Ta-da! Fake Ash Appears!!"

Poor Clemont will be alone in this one. He may cry like a little baby at some point (stress just plagues him). I see Clemont only relieving his stress by crying, not eating desserts like Chili. He'll be alone. He may hate it at first (crying a "river" not really). But then he has a relaxing day doing the wonderful things he likes to do (inventing and such). He may go get massaged and go in the jacuzzi. Then he'd go and try to break them out and hug Bonnie uncontrollably while crying (he acted like his father once by crying over his camera bot invention in XY021, he needs to have something from his father even if it's emotional crying).

Last edited:
Pokemon Fan Summary by bluesun, second half of a one-hour special on 5/29 -

"Team Rocket disguise themselves as Satoshi, Serena and Eureka and rampage all over town, and the real Satoshi and his friends end up arrested by Junsar-san!"

---

(Note: this is not the episode with Lucario, Lucario is in the following episode)

Last edited:
You gotta admit those are some pretty good get ups. Looks like TR has finally improved in their cosplay department.

It's not an original idea they dressed up as May's family in Hoenn and there was that episode where dressed up as Norman, Caroline, May and Max.

Or that Johto episode where James dressed up as Oak.

Not much tension in this episode considering how easy it must be for Team Rocket to escape the authorities.

I'm honestly really excited for this episode. Wasn't Clemont supposed to have a big role here? I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned here.

It's not an original idea they dressed up as May's family in Hoenn and there was that episode where dressed up as Norman, Caroline, May and Max.

Or that Johto episode where James dressed up as Oak.
Of course Team Rocket disguises are nothing new, but the main group has never been framed and arrested because of that - especially since that appears to have been TR's intention. That's what I was talking about.

Last edited:
It's true that they've dressed up as other characters before, but I think this is the first time their plan is to actually impersonate the whole twerp team, and I'm really looking forward to it. Too bad that they left Clemont out, because Team Rocket are six, and so are the protagonists (Pumpkaboo as Dedenne and Wobbuffet as Clemont would be pretty hilarious).

It's true that they've dressed up as other characters before, but I think this is the first time their plan is to actually impersonate the whole twerp team, and I'm really looking forward to it. Too bad that they left Clemont out, because Team Rocket are six, and so are the protagonists (Pumpkaboo as Dedenne and Wobbuffet as Clemont would be pretty hilarious).

I was about to point out the issue with Wobbuffet's blue skin but then noticed that Pikachu disguise. Poor Clemont...

Wow JamesAsh looks so much better than the real Ash. Mad mature looking that should've been "years" ago if ya know what I imply!

I was about to point out the issue with Wobbuffet's blue skin but then noticed that Pikachu disguise. Poor Clemont...
Wobbuffet's blue skin matches perfectly with Clemont's blue jumpsuit, that's what I would go for :p

This sounds really interesting and refreshing from the usual 'disguise and trick the twerps' plot. Hopefully we'll see some development from Citron here.

For a moment, I wonder which Team Rocket Pokémon could be Dedenne. Then I realized it's a hand puppet controlled by Meowth.

I seriously hate the idea of this plot. How could ANYONE be so stupid that they don't notice the effing height difference between TR and Ash's group? Team Rocket's at least a foot and a half taller! Even if you take in to account the possibility that TR was only ever seen for a few seconds before the ran off, they still should be able to tell how tall they are! I'm going to be skipping this episode and pretending that it doesn't exist.

I seriously hate the idea of this plot. How could ANYONE be so stupid that they don't notice the effing height difference between TR and Ash's group? Team Rocket's at least a foot and a half taller! Even if you take in to account the possibility that TR was only ever seen for a few seconds before the ran off, they still should be able to tell how tall they are! I'm going to be skipping this episode and pretending that it doesn't exist.

Then you should be skipping every single episode in which Team Rocket ever disguises. Logic doesn't always apply to comedy, and after 17 years invoking this, it should be expected from this anime, if anything.

Then you should be skipping every single episode in which Team Rocket ever disguises. Logic doesn't always apply to comedy, and after 17 years invoking this, it should be expected from this anime, if anything.

Not every single episode with Team Rocket disguising themselves is this contrived. And this hardly counts as comedy; from the sounds of it, Team Rocket is actively trying to get Ash and his friends out of the way, which isn't in any way funny. I usually like Team Rocket's disguises for the simple fact that they can seemingly put anything on and people will believe that they're someone else, as long as they're wearing something other than just their uniforms. It's funny in the sense that we all know that Ash should be able to recognize them right off the bat, but doesn't for the sake of plot convenience. This is different, because it suggests that the police are apparently so stupid that they can't tell the difference between a kid and an adult as long as they're wearing the same outfit. I guess you could say that that's comedy, but I personally find it distasteful due to the fact that the police force in the anime has, for the most part, been portrayed as entirely competent, and even on the rare occasion that they aren't, they're at least smart enough to realize that they've made a mistake shortly after they've made one.

Don't take it personally, I can't really stand any plot where the main character(s) being incriminated or made a fool of for some reason or another is the central focus. It's just a pet peeve I have. I usually skip the fifth Harry Potter book for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom