• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U announced for Super Smash Bros.: Super Smash Br

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U announced for Super Smash Bros.: Super Smash Bros. ...

At the end of the official YouTube video for the Super Smash Bros. Invitational @ E3 2014 Nintendo has announced The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U. It will be used Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to make GameCube controllers compatible with the game.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U announced for Super Smash Bros.: Super Smas

I hope this adapter will be compatible with other software. It would mean that I might consider transferring my multiplayer Virtual Console games and other Wii data from my Wii to my Wii U because I think the GameCube Controller is the best Nintendo controller and I have so many of them I wouldn't need Classic Controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers for games which don't require motion sensing.

Re: GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U announced for Super Smash Bros.: Super Smas

Awesome! The GC controller was basically perfect and I still use it for any game that allows it. Glad to see I'll be able to use it again.

I approve of this.

This sounds a bit stupid because you would have to buy it, but...eh, who gives a crap?

Anything with GameCube is great.

Don't actually have a Wii U, though...

Sounds cool. I might check this out when I get a Wii U. Hope it works well with the WaveBird.

I got used to Classic Controller and it'll probably continue to be my preferred style here too, but if this means GC's coming to VC soon after, I'm in.

Also, is that Smash controller for real? Because I really want it. *down to only two in good condition*

I really hope this means they'll be issuing new GameCube controllers. Mine are wearing out and aftermarket prices are high.

Considering how many good times I've had with my old GameCube (sadly, it got busted years ago, though I still have both controllers), I would consider this for my Wii U. And if it means I can revisit old classics such as Megaman Network Transmission and (the poorly translated and poor VA, yet still fun) Zoids Battle Legends without having to invest a whole lot, I'm in. While I like my Wii, I don't have much for it (though my Wii U only has one "game" on it, atm: Breath of Fire II, downloaded from Nintendo's store), so it would make my Wii U more worthwhile. And if it means they also bring back the original GC controller as well, which was probably their best controller to date, then count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom