• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super-Secret Bases confirmed for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Shared using StreetPa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Super-Secret Bases confirmed for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Shared using StreetPass and QR Codes

Customizable Secret Bases have been announced for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Super-Secret Bases confirmed for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Shared using Stre

Brendan looks so derpy in the artwork lol. (And the girl by the laptop is cute)
Also, the schoolboy kinda looks like Max.

I'm glad they added the QR functionality for those of us who never find people on streetpass.

Fingers crossed they wont do what they did with the HGSS trainer house and make it so everyones scaled down to level 50 and doesn't get exp.

Re: Super-Secret Bases confirmed for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Shared using Stre

It mentioned having 'customizable battle rules' so I think we'll at least be good on scaling.

Looks pretty good and definitely a big improvement from the original.

This sounds brilliant! I was not too into the whole secret base thing in the originals, being a total moron back then, but I am definitely looking forward to this.

Yeah, I'm excited to see what they can do with this. And with the mazes and traps, plus the ability to battle, it looks like we might be able to make custom gyms? That is amazing! It'd be really cool if this is the case.

Even if not though, it looks like it's going to be a ton of fun, and a great new experience for Pokemon in Gen 6!

Really looking forward to this. I really loved the capture the flag game in DPPt, so I hope that feature ends up similar in ORAS. I really liked setting up my base in a labyrinth style, with traps strategically placed so they were difficult to see but likely to be stepped on. RSE Secret Bases were cool, but only really because I could train daily off of my friend's teams.

The Secret Pal system actually sounds a bit like Join Avenue though; I didn't mind Join Avenue, but it wasn't that great. As long as it doesn't replace O-Powers, I'll be fine with it.

Hopefully you'll be able to get exp from these battles like in the originals, having a team of level 100 Blisseys to fight would be amazing exp

Yay! secret Bases! I always loved those.

Secret Bases have improved it seems. The fact that we can have our own gyms is amazing, I've always wanted to be a gym leader.

F YEAH SECRET BASES

I was going to play as a dark-skinned blonde-haired May, but as soon as I heard that the secret bases can also act as gyms, I decided to play as a Dark-type gym leader dude instead.
This is nice addition to a feature that really had nothing going for it. Sure, the secret bases were nice to create and customize. But that's all it was for, it's just nice to look at. So I think it's awesome that made it so you can interact with other people's games.

So by capturing flags, we raise the skills of the trainers that we have in our base? Am I understanding correctly?

Also, can we set up a ghost version of ourselves for visitors to battle (our Pokemon at the level they're a in our party)? If so, then it would have the possibility of being even more challenging than the champion. Also, wouldn't it be awesome if the game AI understood our play strategies, and battled how we battled? HUUUUGE longshot, but damn, I would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom