• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Diancie, Princess of the Ore Country

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
No review thread even though this aired like three hours ago?

I know it was only about ten minutes long and somehow managed to be even more useless than last year's Mewtwo special but we can still talk about it, right?

I wondered about why there's no thread yet too although I guess it's because most of us are still unable to watch it (unlike the eps which we all would be able to watch one way or another by now)
I expected it to be a normal ep's length like the Genesect movie's prequel (and yes I know there wasn't time for that due to the short airing alongside the movie this time, but they could probably air the short another time if they wanted to make a proper length sequel... which I guess they didn't)
Was it really 10 mins though? I saw someone on tumblr claim it was 5 mins... either way, I hope I'll be able to watch that soon... also wondering if they'll bother dubbing it considering it's so short and apparently useless

It may have been only five minutes...I glanced up at the clock when it was over and saw the minute hand on the ten mark, but I didn't check to see when it started so it might not have started right at 7:00.

After looking at the pictures, this whole special looked extremely pointless. Diancie uses her powers to save a Goronda... big deal! At least the Genesect special kinda led into the movie by showing how Satoshi and pals ended up in New Talk City. This really shouldn't exist.

Also, does every single Goronda in the anime hang around with two Yancham? Unless this was the same one from Bamboo Forest, of course.

Well, turns out the Pokémon YouTube channel uploaded it now.
[video=youtube;sYS7MpWigCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYS7MpWigCQ[/video]

Well in all of those 5 mins, I think it shows how Diancie would help out her fellow Pokemon regardless of her title and royalty(Princess of the year lol) plus, it does show that the Steel family has started to track her, it could've all been shown in the movie, sure, but a short without the main gang to show the main Pokemon(and one of the antagonists) of the upcoming movie takes the cake.

That's my opinion, this short would be a 4/5 for me.

Really?

...this did not deserve its own airtime, let alone title of "special."

It easily could have been been included in the movie's beginning...

Anyway, that Pangoro sounded like an Ursaring to me. Also, interesting to see Pangoro's dilemma and the Ariados threat both stopped without having to resort to using moves.

Hmm, I expected a bit more of this. After the Mewtwo prologue I thought it was going to be similar to that. Instead, it was more similar to the three minutes-long "Slowking's Day". It could have easily been included at the start of the movie, or perhaps as an extra on the DVD release.

I would've preferred if the Carbink had showed their power to defend their ruler instead of the Pangoro defending them, but perhaps we'll see that in the movie.

Overall, weird decision to make this into a regular air-time thing. Feels more like a long advertisement for the movie than a special.

Hmm...I can only assume that they wanted to follow up last year's Mewtwo special but didn't have the budget. :p

What was the point of this special again? To show that Millis, who was already ousted in several magazines and even the M17 manga as an antagonist, was tracking Diancie?

Nothing important really happened, but it was nice to see the Carbink being scared of Ariados. Speaking of Carbink, where was the fourth one (the elder)?

Why were they living in a house? This special left me with more questions than answers.

Ariados actually struck me as a slightly weird pokemon to want to make a meal out of Carbink, given that they're made of rock and all. I get that Ariados is one of the anime's go-to species for stock antagonistic predator, but wouldn't something like a trio of Sableye have been more fitting?

I loved the special! I don't care if it was short, and I don't care if it was "pointless". Diancie is adorable and so was the special. Only thing I don't get is why Diancie can't fly...but, regardless, it was really enjoyable~

Only thing I don't get is why Diancie can't fly...but, regardless, it was really enjoyable~

I think they're 'suppressing' their powers?(DBZ reference? lols) whilst looking for Xerneas while not attracting too much attention

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom