• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Diancie — Princess of the Diamond Domain

Muur

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Re: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction Prequel (dub)

It's nice to see them bother dubbing such things nowdays. I think in the past they would probably skip something like that. (although they still oddly didn't dub the Dawn/Brock/Cilan/Iris eps so idk how they decide it)
There's hardly much to discuss about the actual content here since not much happened and it was so short but... I guess it was cute. Could be better if they followed on from last movie's prequel and made it a full ep's length.

Before I click that link - I'm going to see the movie at the cinema on Saturday, is it worth watching the prequel, or better that I see the movie first and then go back for some back story?

Before I click that link - I'm going to see the movie at the cinema on Saturday, is it worth watching the prequel, or better that I see the movie first and then go back for some back story?

There's hardly any "back story" here... I say just watch it. It's literally 5 mins long random cute showcasing of Diancie and her three Carbink subjects.

There's hardly any "back story" here... I say just watch it. It's literally 5 mins long random cute showcasing of Diancie and her three Carbink subjects.
Did just that, yeah - nothing to worry about.

My only takeaway from that is how inconvenient it must be to manoeuvre as a Carbink/Diancie.

BTW... they still use the redubbed trailer's pronunciation for Diancie, so that's it, this is the official pronunciation and nothing we can do about it. But there's something good too, they used "princess" rather than the trailer's "ruler" so I really hope that means in the final version of the movie they ended up going with "princess". (it's stupid to use "ruler" to avoid gender when it's blatantly a female and obviously casted with a clearly female voice)

Oh God why is there dub music

I thought the movies were off-limits to bgm replacements

There are no set rules really but this prequel is its own standalone thing. It is NOT a part of the actual movie.

There are no set rules really but this prequel is its own standalone thing. It is NOT a part of the actual movie.
Well hopefully the movie comes through unscathed then.

It would be really strange if they started mixing dub music into the Japanese score for the movies like they do with the show.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they did, after all the did go back and re-score two already dubbed episodes to add in new music (XY001&2)

I thought the short was cute. It played out like a normal episode about Ash&co with Diancie and Carbink.

To be honest, I think this short was totally unnecessary.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom