• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS03: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act III~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mega Evolution Act III

My bet is the special will air in April or May, since that will give us enough time for Tomioka Atsuhiro to write, Asada Yuuji to direct and storyboard, and Iwane Masa'aki to do all of the key animation for a third time. Act II set up some nice plot points that I'm looking forward to Tomioka expanding upon.

I hope that no seriously expects the Hoenn mascots to have a role in Movie 18 anymore.

My bet is the special will air in April or May, since that will give us enough time for Tomioka Atsuhiro to write, Asada Yuuji to direct and storyboard, and Iwane Masa'aki to do all of the key animation for a third time. Act II set up some nice plot points that I'm looking forward to Tomioka expanding upon.
I don't see why they couldn't have planned this earlier. There shouldn't be such a long gap between the acts, considering that Act II was little more than a prelude.

The chinese character at the bottom indicate spring, so maybe March or April is my guess.

I hope that no seriously expects the Hoenn mascots to have a role in Movie 18 anymore.

I don't see why they couldn't have planned this earlier. There shouldn't be such a long gap between the acts, considering that Act II was little more than a prelude.

Pocket Monster is one of the few animated series in Japan that are months upon months ahead of schedules. Key animation for Studio Cockpit episodes, the sub-contracting studio which Iwane Masa'aki is a member of, is usually done five months ahead of schedule. Factor in the two weeks or so it takes to write a script and three-to-four weeks it takes to storyboard and you have episodes in production about seven months before they air. Since Tomioka Atsuhiro, Episode Asada Yuuji, Iwane Masa'aki, and [Series] Director Yajima Tetsuo seem dead-set on allowing the Mega Evolution specials to be the sole works of their three best men it is no surprise there are months in-between episodes, especially when one factors in "how many of these specials do the production committee want?"

Since Tomioka Atsuhiro, Episode Asada Yuuji, Iwane Masa'aki, and [Series] Director Yajima Tetsuo seem dead-set on allowing the Mega Evolution specials to be the sole works of their three best men it is no surprise there are months in-between episodes, especially when one factors in "how many of these specials do the production committee want?"
That doesn't explain the gap between the acts. Just recently Tomioka and Iwane worked on episodes that weren't far apart.

Since Tomioka Atsuhiro, Episode Asada Yuuji, Iwane Masa'aki, and [Series] Director Yajima Tetsuo seem dead-set on allowing the Mega Evolution specials to be the sole works of their three best men it is no surprise there are months in-between episodes, especially when one factors in "how many of these specials do the production committee want?"
That doesn't explain the gap between the acts. Just recently Tomioka and Iwane worked on episodes that weren't far apart.

It does when Tomioka has other episodes he needs to write and OLM has fewer contacts to work with. There have been 170 animated series to air in Japan in 2014, meaning everyone is busy. Factor in the scheduling having to be non-linear as well as careful consideration needing to be done as to when airing a new special would yield the greatest marketing and financial result and it isn't just a simple game of "do it all quickly."

It does when Tomioka has other episodes he needs to write and OLM has fewer contacts to work with. There have been 170 animated series to air in Japan in 2014, meaning everyone is busy. Factor in the scheduling having to be non-linear as well as careful consideration needing to be done as to when airing a new special would yield the greatest marketing and financial result and it isn't just a simple game of "do it all quickly."
I fail to see how Act III wouldn't be more beneficial right around ORAS' release. Tomioka didn't need to write XY042, nor did Iwane need to direct XY043 or XY047.

I fail to see how Act III wouldn't be more beneficial right around ORAS' release. Tomioka didn't need to write XY042, nor did Iwane need to direct XY043 or XY047.

Those episodes were in production when Act I had just aired. The decision to do a second did not come until months afterward.

Tomioka wrote Episode #42 because it was setting up numerous important plot points for the coming year. Iwane key animates an episode because there's nobody else available or he wants to.

Those episodes were in production when Act I had just aired. The decision to do a second did not come until months afterward.
My entire point is that the acts should have been better planned, considering that Act II is the only form of ORAS promotion right now.

Tomioka wrote Episode #42 because it was setting up numerous important plot points for the coming year.
Serena's goal was set up in XY040, while Ash's dance shtick was hardly important (and had already been built up, anyway). I don't see why another writer couldn't have handled it.

Mega Evolution Act III

If OLM can not handle the workload then they should not have signed on to do the work. It's their responsibly, not the production team's. I agree that this schedule for the specials is pretty ridiculous. That said though however there may be a reason for the schedule. These are intended as promotion so perhaps this special may contain promotion for 2015's game.

These are intended as promotion so perhaps this special may contain promotion for 2015's game.
What game? Not to mention that we can assume that the teaser isn't misleading about Groudon and Kyogre being the highlight.

These are intended as promotion so perhaps this special may contain promotion for 2015's game.
What game? Not to mention that we can assume that the teaser isn't misleading about Groudon and Kyogre being the highlight.

I mean if there's a fourth special then the teaser at the end might be for the next special which would be for the next game.

which would be for the next game.
Because there aren't enough Mega Evolutions already? Good luck getting another main series game in this generation, but there is already a thread about that.

There may not even be an Act IV if Lysandre and Alain are integrated into the regular show.

Alain, Mairin, and Steven left to go to Rustboro City at the end of Act II.

If Act III directly takes place after Act II, it is possible that the Devon Corporation and President Stone are involved in this special.

it is possible that the Devon Corporation and President Stone are involved in this special.
They're hardly important, so that would be a waste.

I think that Zinnia is a likely candidate due to Mega Salamence and her being a lorekeeper. Maybe Courtney and Matt will also show up since they were never showcased in the anime and they appear to have a post-game role involving Zinnia.

Last edited:

The thing I certainly didn't like in this particular episode is how they handled Steven Stone. Actually I certainly don't like how the writers handle former-region champions.
I mean he's a champion but felt like Sieblod was the much of a challenge. They did similar thing to Cynthia where he battled against Caitlin. [I know it was a friendly match, but still.]

The thing I certainly didn't like in this particular episode is how they handled Steven Stone. Actually I certainly don't like how the writers handle former-region champions.
I mean he's a champion but felt like Sieblod was the much of a challenge. They did similar thing to Cynthia where he battled against Caitlin. [I know it was a friendly match, but still.]

The battle was interrupted halfway - and Steven had the type disadvantage

Will this take half a year too?

not actually seen the second one yet lmao because dub. Why not just air in like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom