• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S18 EP07: A Slippery Encounter!

re: S18 EP07 "A Slippery Encounter!"

Cuteness Overload! Goomy is just the cutest thing ever! Well maybe not cutest ever, but he's pretty damn adorable. (Too bad the dub messed up his cute voice:/ I mean I guess it's kinda cute...in a weird sort of way)

I loved Goomy's rather unique entrance, but I'm still confused as to why he was being carried by a Swanna in the first place. Whatever, I love his adorable antics, from Chewing on people's ear to hitting Bonnie with his antennae for calling him weird and dousing Serena in a Rain Dance for calling him gross. Oh, I also love how overly epic they made that scene of Ash bringing Goomy to the water.

Not surprised to see Chespin pop out his ball for no reason other than to get food. Then the little dick doesn't even help out when the Ariados he angered attacked them. Ugh. Anyway, at least Goomy had a hilarious reaction to that Ariados. Also loved Clemont's invention. Seriously, he built a device to see Pokemon's memories. This kid amazes me with his abilities. Too bad it's so fragile that it breaks with the slightest knocks...

WTH, did Clemont and Serena really not see Goomy being captured by TR’s machine with Pikachu? Whatever. Ignoring TR's antics, loved how Pikachu and Goomy worked together to get out of that trap. I also fail to understand how TR just decide to “party” upon capturing Pokemon (not even bothering to watch them) and then get surprised/mad when said Pokemon end up escaping. Moving on to another thing that bothered me, I get that this was an Ash episode, but did the others really need to be totally incapacitated during the fight. They just seemed so incompetent getting trapped by TR in the same way twice. Well, I did like how Pikachu and Fletchinder started fighting each other when they became confused. I was actually surprised to see Goomy jump in and save them by himself with Bide. The way he'd been played off like the frightened weakling, I figured they'd just have him do something to stop them from afar so that was nice.

So glad Ash caught Goomy. A cute Pokemon will be a nice mesh to the other cool ones imo. I can't wait to see more of him. I give this episode a 8/10

Goomy sounds just like I expected it to sound--weird and adorable. Is that Tom Wayland doing it? Sounds a lot like Dwebble and Charmander.

Anyway, good episode. Still sick of the Thunderbolt and motto stock footage, but that's not TPCi's blame.

First experience with Goomy (not a Sub fellow), and I approve of the fellow

That blow really should've knocked Ash out at the least

how did Serena and Clemont get down so quick!?

Lol at Goomy being scared of Fairies. ...Ash still hasn't though to ask what Fairy is weak to?

Ash just casually dipping his hat into the water and putting it back on

Goomy should Rain Dance Serena more often, if you know what I mean...

I expected a Beedrill and not an Ariados tbh

...how is Clemont's invention able to see all that

It had been a while since an electric proof Team Rocket machine I guess... Ash should still know better. Especially after seeing the machine since I called it

What the hell are Team Rocket doing xD

Pikachu covered in slime. I'd be grossed out. Good job Pikachu aint fat anymore or he'd be screwed

Jessie just tossed that Pokeball, so how is she supposed to recall her Pumpkaboo

Where's Frogadier? Pokeball I guess?

Ash, just recall them to their Pokeballs. Pikachu too, I saw it that one Unova episode!

No praise for Fletchinder!?

That fake throw part was amazing.

I enjoyed this episode tbh. First time in a while since Team Rocket haven't felt shoe horned in.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom