• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY066: The Miare City Investigation! Citroid VS Black Citroid!!

Mareepy

Psycho Tsutarja fans
Reaction score
Episode Page Here

I think we basically already watched the whole episode in the previews....

That Team Rocket abduction is not even necessary.....

So Belmondo has a grudge against Clemont it seems. Frome the limited knowledge of Japanese I think its because Clemont is far superior than him in inventing? It seems like he is just an envious character than wants to defame Clemont than an evil person.

And the crime Belmondo and Black Citroid committed.... WTF? I can officially says TR needs to be wanted Nation-wide in Kalos for what they did at the Power Generator... but oh well.

Hoopa in Prof Oak's Show is surprising for me. And the fact that Oak doesn't seems to be able to see it makes me feel weird.

Overall meh episode. Citroid's Jump Kick looks good no matter how many time I watch though. And Clemont KO that Magnezone in 3 hit.. neat. Showing him as a stronger trainer. But..... Heliolisk needs to step up his game.... really step it up. I am afraid it will not even be a threat in the Gym Match. It may be fast and agile but a Glass Cannon will not be any good against Ash.

PS:Ah and Blaziken Mask isn't needed for the episode at all if Team Rocket isnt there, where they aren't needed at all.

I do love Alexa* chasing after him for the headlines though.

Citroid in maid suit.............................. no comment but.... what are the writers thinking? *facepalm*

And they managed to proof Citroid's innocence too easily, its like the Officer Jennies don't even know how do investigation.

Clemont: Seems like some pirate...
Puts on nerd glasses
Clemont: has pirated my robot.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Bellmondo's Magneton knows five different moves: Discharge, Thunder Shock, Electro Ball, Tackle, and Flash Cannon. I don't know if the writers kept count of that.

And Heliolisk is pitifully weak if it almost fainted alongside Magneton.

The biggest question this episode caused is pretty much: How the heck does a robot blush?

Episode with some funny plot conviniences this one... Bellmondo creates Citroid's copy AFTER Citron returns to Miare City and the original Citroid gets arrested AFTER Satoshi arrives as well. Really?

And let me ask, since a robot's a soulless machine and can't think itself (at least nowadays in the real world, not counting AI) shouldn't Citron be the one arrested? I mean he created Citroid and all...

And very tired of the trio blasting off stock animation. At least their motto one's well done, but this one... A plain animation which gets used almost every single episode with slightly differences (like the trio being burned in this one).

Other than that nice that Bursyamo Mask's back after so long (more than 50 episodes...)

They missed a trick with Clembot in jail - should have cut to it lifting weights in there.

Ash really wants to an open book for the gym battle, it was bad enough he didn't train for it or teach any of his Pokemon new moves or battle strategies, but immediately showing Clemont Goodra, rather than having him assume he'd be fighting a pathetic Goomy or Ash needing to use Fletchinder in a 3 on 3 battle.

Splitting Ash and Clemont was something I really wanted to see them do well at, other than saving us a few scenes of Chespin being annoying, it hasn't achieved anything.

Alexa appearing is nice, but she didn't do anything - hopefully there's more to the cameo, but they seem to be getting out of Lumiose City pretty quickly after this, so can't see it amounting to much. And still presumably no reason why Clemont's father doesn't run the Gym instead of a robot.

And if Jenny has time to arrest a robot, how about doing something about those two people who fly around in a hot air meowth committing crimes?

I'm shipping Alexa and Meyer hard right, It makes all the sense in the world. And why the hell doesn't Officer Jenny know that Clemont is the Gym Leader. As if the Police Force wouldn't have a standing relationship with the supposedly best trainer of the city and owner of the biggest building there. Just goes to solidify my thinking that Nurse Joys are the picture of efficiency and generosity and Officer Jennys are the utmost incompetent and just overall awful.

An okay episode I guess.

I like how Bonnie and Clemont hugged upon reuniting since they didn't do anything special upon separating. I guess Pikachu dancing with Chespin was kinda cute. I could see why Serena would show off Braxien to Clemont, but I was surprised to see Ash just reveal Goodra like that. I would have thought that he'd want to keep him as a surprise for the gym battle, but whatever. I guess he was just excited to show off his evolution.

Okay, with Braxien already being out of her PokeBall, I could understand her watching the gym battle, but I wonder why Pancham was there watching. Maybe because the battle is with someone they know. Anyway, moving on to the actual plot, I still think it's weird how they arrested a robot. That to me is like arresting a dog or I guess in the Pokemon world, a Pokemon. Shouldn't Clemont, the owner/creator have been arrested? Well anyway, I do like how Clembot still has his injury from when Clemont knocked him over.

I loved when Bonnie hugged Meyer upon seeing him too. I guess it was nice to see Alexa again even though I don't care too much for her. Though I don't really see the point of her being here. She didn't really do anything. But I did like how she brought up Blaziken Man in Meyer's presence.

Ok, Clembot kicking that Black Clembot was BAD ASS! And damn, Clemont's facial expression when the evil dude was talking to him. I thought the robot battle actually having a VS. screen was pretty funny. I lol'd at TR showing up and getting blasted off by Mega Blaziken with a matter of seconds. I love how Clemont stepped up to beat the villain. Magnazone getting KO'd be Swift was especially funny.

Lol, at Clembot wearing that pink maid outside. But seriously, how the hell is that robot blushing? Whatever. Overall, I actually surprising found this to be a pretty enjoyable episode. 7.8/10.

Citroid has to be one of the best characters introduced in the XY series... Now that we've seen it can battle can Satoshi's Numelgon be replaced by Citroid?

Poor Citroid... It looked cute in the maid outfit.

A fun episode overall. Also, it was nice that Serena felt the need to show her Braixen to Clemont.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom