• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY068: The Coveted Mega Evolution! Gaburias's Bonds!!

So you can borrow keystones, well I guess that's important or else how would people be able to mega evolve? I mean it's pretty obvious, but that might have to do with the plot at one time. Also it seems they don't know that mega evolution happens at the last stage of a Pokemon

Cool episode. I loved how Alain was shown in the flashbacks. Also, what the hell caused Gabite to evolve. She just picked up Psyduck and BAM evolution. WTH?

I was surprised to see Blaziken Man show up and save the day. I thought it was weird how the Mega evolving scene seemed to imply that James's Key Stone had an effect on evolving Garchomp, even though you must have a strong bond with the Pokemon for it to Megavolve. (Anime wise I mean, since ya know, anyone can Megavolve anything in the games.) I loved the part where Garchomp went to nuzzle Sycamore's hand. I thought that was cute. My favorite part of the episode was Sycamore figuring out that Meyer was Blaziken Man.

Overall, it was an ok episode. Not that bad, but not too interesting either. 6.5/10.

So you can borrow keystones, well I guess that's important or else how would people be able to mega evolve? I mean it's pretty obvious, but that might have to do with the plot at one time.
The players' Keystones work with any Mega Stone they want, so I assume they're interchangeable in the games as well.

Also it seems they don't know that mega evolution happens at the last stage of a Pokemon
They do, actually. When Ash and Bonnie were asking if Pikachu and Dedenne could Mega Evolve, Sycamore said it wouldn't happen with a non-final evolution like Pikachu, but didn't rule it out for Dedenne. 'Course, a Dedennite would need to exist for that to happen. :p

At this rate Platane is going to be the best developed prof of all time! (Let's pretend the Celebi film never existed ok...)

I know I was wrong last time I was 100% convinced of this, but I am nevertheless 100% convinced after this episode about the paternity of Alan!!! He and Platane are literally identical from the back, and Platane even had a little moment to monologue about him! <3 The involvement of Limone as well just hypes me up even more for the merger of the mega series with the main series...

I also love the Platane/Limone bromance and how Platane recognised Limone's greasy smell n'awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Deus ex Limone is starting to get annoying but I suppose you can forgive him for wanting to safeguard his children, even though Eureka alone is capable to sorting the Rocket trio out!!

The flashbacks in this episode really made me pine for Satoshi's Fukamaru :-( I was hoping against hope that Platane would indeed have 2 stones (can someone explain what is a key stone and what is a mega stone and how the hell does it work?) and Satoshi would then obediently summon back Fukamaru for intensive training to evolve! Alas.

Nice to see some Takegami Rockets, vibrant and shining in the (perhaps unnecessarily large) spotlight. Just a shame that their mega-mega-motto was killed by reusing that boring old stock animation ok ok I'll shut up now but didn't you think Kojiro was fun this episode eh, eh?!

Well, missed the live one and just watched the episode.

Professor Sycamore and Garchomp's back story is very good. And I am glad that they shown enough of their bond to make it convincing enough to Mega Evolve.

Team Rocket talked too much in this episode. If I must complain anything. Actually maybe they didn't talk too much, its because the stupid Dragon Controlling sound wave. They kinda like increase the signal strength too many times that it become boring.

Although I hoped Sycamore has 2 Keystone. Blaziken Mask is actually a very good approach for this episode. It was surprising.

And Sycamore guessed out Limone is Blaziken Mask is a good one. Sycamore can finally continue his research on Mega Evolution with both Mega Garchomp and Mega Blaziken available for data now.

Sycamore's Assistant mentioning Ash's appearance is a bad omen is funny. Everytime he goes to the lab = lab needs to be repaired. Well, atleast its better than Edogawa Conan, wherever he goes, people dies.

Mega Dedenne hint? I dunno why but I feel Bonnie will be the first to Mega Evolve anything in the team. (In fact if Diancie movie is canon, she already is)

I can't remember the last time Satoshi and his friends contributed this little to the plot of an episode.

I mean, sure, whatever, let them take an episode off after last week's Gym Battle. But it just feels weird watching an episode where literally everyone else does more for the story than the show's main characters.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom