• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY089: The Eievui Who is Shy of Strangers!? Capture at the Flower Garden!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY089: The Eievui Who is Shy of Strangers!? The Catcher in the Flower Garden!!
Airs: September 24

jGFHU22.jpg

Here is a new image from the episode.

img_next150924.jpg

I translated the title.

Re: XY088: The Shy Eievui!? Caught in the Flower Garden!!

I remember seeing people speculate that Eevee may have some form of stagefright, the title makes it seem like this is the case.

The opening shows Eevee performing bravely WITHOUT any spectators from its sight, and Serena watches it quietly as she admires the skill. So in the end, Eevee only performs well when nobody is present. Maybe that's the reason for the stagefright.

I think this eevee might make for some good development of Serena. All of her pokemon seem to fit well with a stage-theater kind of theme to them. Pancham just loves to perform for people, Braixen is a diva, and Eevee has stage fright which makes it even more adorable! Super excited for this episode! Although, they didn't show Serena capturing Eevee in the opening... perhaps a new one of those is on the way too?

Good, hopefully more character development for Serena, eg. she uses her new-found self-confidence and determination to help Eevee overcome its stagefright.

@JayGaymes - I assume the titles will be updated once the movie promotion finishes

Eevee could be a problem for Serena since, at some point, its stage fright may set in during a Showcase and may cause Serena to lose.

But then again May's Vsnusaur got over her stage fright in AG without any backlash towards May, so who knows.

Yay! I knew he/she would have stage fright! Well, sort of I guess.

I mentioned it in the evolution and capture section long ago:

"I can see it now though, Serena and the others see an Eevee trying to perform in front of a large crowd to be recognized only to suddenly freeze up. It runs off before Serena and the others could do anything, and later that night, Serena and her pokemon stumble upon Eevee performing like a pro. Serena helps build it's confidence and it performs a dazzling show along with Serena, Braixen, and Pancham in the midst of the night, while Ash and the rest watch on amazed. Serena eventually captures it one way or another and from then on their friendship builds and it becomes...

N/Aeon!"
p.g 417

Now let's hope Serena will capture the Eevee in this episode instead of them holding it off until later.

I'm not so surprised that other people thought the same thing about it's stage fright though...

Seemed like a perfect characteristic.

Eevee could be a problem for Serena since, at some point, its stage fright may set in during a Showcase and may cause Serena to lose.
I kinda doubt Eevee would be willing to enter a Showcase at all given its shyness. And I don't think Serena would force Eevee to perform in front of the crowd if she was aware of its shyness, she'd probably try to help it overcome that feeling first.

Then again, it WOULD be interesting if the shyness was only revealed during a Showcase, but I doubt it due to the title.

Here is a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

As Serena is hard at work practicing for her Pokemon Showcase, she happens to spot an Eevee dancing in a field of flowers. The dance makes a deep impression on her, and she starts thinking about how she'd like to participate in a Pokemon Showcase together with this Eevee.

Here is a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

As Serena is hard at work practicing for her Pokemon Showcase, she happens to spot an Eevee dancing in a field of flowers. The dance makes a deep impression on her, and she starts thinking about how she'd like to participate in a Pokemon Showcase together with this Eevee.

Hmm... Reminds me of how Serena wanted Pancham to join her. Guess this will be a recurring theme.

Also, flowers? Makes me think about the Sylveon OVA special. I wonder if Eevee's going to be the elegant type? That would work well with Sylveon's ribbons.

Braixen the Fashionista,

Pancham the Street Dancer,

And finally, Eevee the Graceful Ballet.

Seems like an interesting match up to me...

Also, "Catcher in the Flower Garden"? Either that's referring to Serena trying to catch Eevee, some next trainer good or bad wanting to capture Eevee him/herself and Serena facing the trainer in a battle to convey her feelings about Eevee joining her which makes Eevee lighten up to her and decide to go with her, *EXHALES LOUDLY* OR it's like a Pokemon hunt with other trainers trying to capture it too.

Or maybe all in one...

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mika Kanai
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Talonflame: Kiyotaka Furushima
Noibat: Yuka Terasaki
Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Luxray: Kensuke Satō
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Gourgeist: Miyako Itō
Inkay: Kenta Miyake

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Serena encounters an Eevee that loves dancing. She wants to befriend it, but isn't able to due to the Eevee being shy with strangers. Will Serena meet the Eevee again?

Serena and her Pokémon are practicing a performance for the next Pokemon Showcase. At that point, they spot an Eevee dancing happily in a field of flowers. The wonderful dance makes a deep impression on Serena and she attempts to make friends with it, but the Eevee doesn't want to. But then Serena gets a good idea...? Will Serena manage to get through to the Eevee?

Last edited:
Good to see Mariya Ise is returning in this episode after her maternity leave and late two episodes.

My error. Mariya won't return yet, Mika Kanai is still on charge of Mariya's replacement until her maternity leave will be over. Also, she will voice Eevee here.

It should be going like this since Mika voices two characters at the same time now:

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Ash
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayuki Makiguchi: Serena
Yuki Kaji: Clemont
Mika Kanai: Bonnie/Eevee
Megumi Sato: Dedenne
Megumi Hayashibara: Jessie/Braixen
Shinichiro Miki: James/Hawlucha
Inuko Inuyama: Meowth
Yuji Ueda: Wobbuffet/Frogadier
Noriko Shitaya: Pancham
Kiyotaka Furushima: Talonflame
Yuka Terasaki: Noibat
Hitomi Nabatame: Chespin
Chinatsu Akasaki: Bunnelby
Kensuke Sato: Luxray
Miyako Ito: Gourgeist
Kenta Miyake: Inkay
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Last edited:
Here are some new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

The birth of Serena's new partner!?

2 pieces of Serena news! The birth of a new partner!? & Participation in a Pokemon Showcase!!
Serena meets her third partner!? She also challenges a Pokemon Showcase!!

An Eevee that loves dancing, but which is super timid, has been spotted!!
Serena and the others have found an Eevee that dances beautiful steps. But the instant it noticed them, the Eevee ran off to hide!
It has an amazing feel for dancing!!

Eevee: A Pokémon that can evolve into 8 different forms depending on how the Trainer raises it!

Will Serena get through to the Eevee!?
It appears the Eevee Serena found has a very timid personality. If only Serena could get a chance to befriend it...
Serena: I hope I can make friends with Eevee!

Preview
- Eevee is dancing on a rock.
- Serena pratices for her next Pokemon Showcase.
- Eevee sees a headband of flowers on a rock and puts it on its head.
- Eevee is falling towards the ground, so Serena runs and then jumps towards it, in order to save it from falling.

[video=youtube;xJRxViG8Eag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJRxViG8Eag[/video]

That preview, had to to see it five times in a row.
Cutest preview I seen in a long time.

My heart will melt many times from Eevee's cuteness.
At least for me will be a fun episode to watch.
So cute that Serena rushes to aid it.
I just know it will be an instant favorite episode of mine - my signature should give out a big clue

My main heartbreak - 7 long days of waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom