• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2016 Pokemon World Championships (Discussion Thread)

Reaction score
Talk about 2016 VCG Worlds here! What you expect and thoughts on any strategies, mons, players, etc.

Day 1 Streams:

Day 2 Streams:

I haven't kept up much on tourneys so this'll be my first one where I try to follow things and get to know players. Hopefully we get some new interesting tech and combos, I'll watch the Day 1 replays and see how things have gone so far.

Last edited:
Haven't had time to watch many battles, but one of the finalists in the VGC Masters division – Jonathan Evans – is the little brother of an acquaintance of mine I knew during college.

It's pretty cool to see a family member of someone I know/knew in real life make it so far in such a world-renowned tournament.

This might not be in the VGC area, but wow... Take a look at the TCG deck that won Masters. No one - I repeat: NO ONE could have ever predicted it to win it all with few issues.

Wow, what a battle! Would have been cool if Jonathan won, but congratulations to Wolfe! He totally deserved it!

Updated OP with Day 1 and 2 streams.

Been watching some games here and there, pretty good stuff. Been trying to figure out what item to give Hitmontop and then I saw the Eject Button. Pretty interesting, I'm gonna use it on the Unova Classic.

Kinda wish the meta didn't revolve too much on P-Groudon but it's nice to see different strategies around and against it. I wonder how the meta will shift once Gen VII comes out.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom