• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S18 EP44: Cloudy Fate, Bright Future!

I got to see this episode and I really did like Olympia's dub voice! DEAR GOD FUTURE SIGHT IS ONE TERRIFYING MOVE THOUGH! If Canada continues to be an episode ahead of the US in the dub, next week we get the incredibly epic Anistar City Gym battle.

This episode was more interesting than I thought it would be.

Okay, the beginning was creepy af. A bunch of people in incidental creepy robes, floating around a room and Olympia having visions; that's weird. Weird how no one except that one girl seemed really interested in this catastrophic event Olympia was talking about. And why did Ash show up when she mentioned a green eye? But, aw, Eevee playing with Serena's key was cute. I can't wait for her to be in a Showcase. What the hell was Pikachu doing with his cheeks? He scared poor Eevee. Lol, poor Clemont. He rarely ever gets a break from the running. And cool, didn't expect to see Malva on TV.

What the hell is wrong with that chick attacking Sycamore and Ash? The least she could have done was tell Sycamore why she was attacking him. Man, if I was Sycamore I’d force that chick to pay for all of the equipment she destroyed. OMG, Olympia is pretty harsh. I lol'd when she was yelling at Carrie. Speaking of Olympia, wtf does she levitate all day?

I must say, Sabelye’s Who’s that Pokemon music was awesome.

Wow, Olympia predicted the Primal Hoenn legends fight? That was unexpected. Damn, Olympia was over dramatic when she was talking about Frogadier. With said, I was surprised to see them foreshadow his evolution and that weird form of his. And I really didn't expect to learn about some more of his backstory. That was really interesting. Lol, while everyFroakie else was dancing and playing around, Ash's was doing ninja training. Aw, all he wanted was love. What the hell was Clemont talking about? Sycamore never referenced Froakie as “The Pokemon who came back” in XY2 when they were talking about him. Also, going back to that flashback of XY2, what happened to that Pokeball wiggle thing that happened in those 1st two episodes when Ash and Clemont were talking to their Pokemon in the Pokeballs? Why did that never happen again after that? Hell, if it weren’t for that flashback right there, I would have completely forgotten it ever happened. Funny, how back then I thought that was going to be a common thing for this series.

Wow, only TR would be dumb enough to try to lift a giant ass sundial with just their balloon. It was awesome and hilarious seeing them get blasted by Future Sight. I loved seeing the “timer” counting down the move every so often before it struck. I can't wait to see it being used in Ash's gym battle. So according to Clemont, if a Pokemon’s trainer can’t see the future, they can’t ever command Future Sight? Yeah………that’s bogus.

Overall a surprisingly interesting episode. Can't wait to see Ash battle Olympia. 7/10.

We, get a bunch of Foreshadowing of future events along with some music that I actually enjoyed for once in the series.

I've been a bit busy for a while recently - so I've fallen back to just watching the dub, which makes this episode even stronger in getting me excited about what's coming up.

This episode had one thing in particular I like seeing - Ash winning a battle while being powerful from start to finish - obviously it was still interrupted, but at least after he fainted both the opponents - not it ending mid-battle with both sides still standing. It's a minor thing, but with most non-Gym battles in the anime now just being interrupted rather than finishing, it's nice to have one seem complete.

It's weird how Ash seemed like he was talking with Frogadier about him wanting to become strong as if it was a new thing - shouldn't "I want to win the Pokemon league" be something he mentions constantly, inbetween writing his acceptance speech for the league trophy?

So the main takeaway from this episode - another rival for Serena...

Totally - I wonder if it will be used in any other context, I'd like to hear an extended version of it.

I third this. Really was impressed with Ed Goldfarb this episode. Anyone like the dub's Professor Sycamore leitmotif better than the original's (and by extension, the games')? I'm talking about the one that plays when Malva is talking about him.

Everyone's voice performances were really good too, especially Olympia's, Carrie's, and Charlene's. I know Charlene is Brittany Lauda, but I can't wait to find out who did the others.

Awesome episode, fantastic!
First that mysterious atmosphere paired with those visions and then Olympia, a character who's most intriguing. I'd say she reminds me of Cynthia a little bit, mainly because of the way she speaks, dresses and behaves. Thus, I'd like to call her a Cynthia-character. Great!
And although we already know what will happen to Frogadier, I found it awesome to get the whole story right from its beginning in the dub. I think it's clear that Frogadier is the Kalos version of Ash's Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape. Great to once again get a Pokemon that is special in some way. And I'm also looking forward to how the writers will handle its story this time.

All in all, an almost perfect episode that's definitely been the best one for ome months. I'm really excited to see the gym battle!

Pretty freaky. I would've liked more to happen but it wasn't bad. I look forward to the gym battle. She needs more than just two Pokemon though, even if it's just the double battle with two psychics to references ORAS...

Brilliant episode. I love love loved Olympia's voice actor. This was actually everything I've been waiting for the series to bring, I'm so excited for XY&Z. Was the green eye thing in reference to Zygarde or the green aura? Most likely the first one. I loved that we got a bit of Froakie's back story, wasn't expecting Olympia to foresee Frogadier's evolution in such a graphic way, expected more of a verbal hint like the rest of it, but I suppose we know it's coming anyway.
10/10 tbh. Had me hooked.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom