• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP15: A Watershed Moment!

Why does the name Henny make me break out in spontaneous laughter? X'D

I didn't watch the initial airing of this episode because it looked really boring. I'm pleasantly surprised that I wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I thought the plot of helping Robon to re-grow the desolate land was really nice. In fact, I ended up really liking Robon. I felt so bad when he got destroyed protecting Chesnaught from TR's attack. And of course I loved that Clemont was the main focus in this episode...sort of...and seeing him geek out over Robon was hilarious.

The only thing that confuses me is Henny. Where the hell does he live? Aside from the destroyed old lab, there didn't seem to be a home for miles. Though I suppose there could have been one hidden someone. Also, why was he the one monitoring Robon and Chesnaught? You'd think there'd be an adult or at least someone older than him watching over that place. Not to mention that he clearly would have been helpless if Robon ever was to break before Clemont showed up. But I suppose I'm probably just looking to deeply into this:p

I'll give this a 6.8/10. Not the most interesting episode, but not terrible either.

Pretty neat that the dub acknowledged that someone died. Though it was strange that the rock's measurement of 10 meters wasn't changed to (give or take) 32 feet. Kinda surprised Bonnie had nothing to say about Chesnaught, considering her skeptical/snarky comment about Quilladin many episodes ago. Anyway, it was an okay episode.

Rocket-Dan Danka was kept in the dub this time. Woo~

Interestingly there was a small vocal in the Japanese version (just the team saying "Roketto-Dan" at the end) but TPCI's version was fully instrumental. Dunno why they can't just do that all the time.

After seeing this episode I have to say, it was OK. It's a filler so not to much to say other than we got some more TR motto music and they actually referenced death which makes it all the more interesting that they'd even say that. All in all not bad but I guess you can skip this one, so I give this a 6.5/10

This was a fun episode! Been a while since Clemont's last feature, nice to see him get the spotlight again.

The overall premise of this episode isn't anything too special, but at least the creators put an interesting twist on it. I like the characters of both Henny and Robon, although I'm a bit iffy about Robon's AI. I have the same problem with Clembot, the personality is too complex and has too much humanity in it to be plausible. I'm not saying robots can't be sophisticated, but they can't have that level of emotion and sentience. Anyway.

I'm going to run down my list of problems with this episode before I get to the good stuff, most of them science-related. First of all, Clemont's machine is just stupid. No, Bonnie, that was NOT a good name, I have no idea why she decided to say that the name was good when it's just as bad as most of his others. Different seeds grow well in different environments, there is no way to determine for certain that the soil will allow absolutely nothing to grow. That's ridiculous. Also, the rock business. None of their Pokémon could destroy it, but Robon could? To be frank, that's absurd. Also, how was Clemont able to repair Robon without having prior knowledge of its inner workings? More to the point, how could he say he didn't know about Robon's drill when he just repaired it basically from scratch?

Now for the good stuff. I really like Clemont's showing in this episode, and how he uses science to inspire Henny to continue to help Robon and Chesnaught. Aside from the over-simpleness of his inventions, he actually approaches the problem in a very rational way and I really like how he and Ash use Luxray and Noibat to try and find the water. Also, it's a nice touch that Chespin came up with the idea to use the vines to search for water on his own. It shows that Chespin is smart like Clemont and can come up with his own ideas for solving a problem. I also really like Chesnaught's character, and how it was visibly embarrassed when Chespin reached out to make friends with it and got super upset when Team Rocket destroyed Robon.

The professor's voice didn't do it for me, but I'm not usually a fan of old people's voices in the anime. Wily's voice from way back when was good, though.

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed this one. 8/10.

The TPCi dub is just too cringe. I can't stand more than three minutes.

So that kid lives alone? seriously, how does the kid live, where's his food and where's his money come from?

would the water of that pressure not have just broken that rock?

That was way too not like a robot. Also Bunnelby probably could broke the rock with Dig.

eh in the end that was a pointless episode. Even for filler.

I felt it was actually a nice and decent episode focusing on Clemont. Of course, Clemont's Chespin did not learn a new move *sighs* but hey, maybe they are waiting for it to evolve into Quilladin.

Serena using Sylveon. Hooray! Though, I kinda feel Pancham and Ash's Hawlucha would have been more useful with their Fighting-type moves. (The moves are super effective against rocks!) ;). Also, I, for one, did feel sad when Robon was destroyed trying to protect Chesnaught. :(

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom