• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG14: The Frozen World

This one was fine. Nothing to write home about. Was Colress an insanely evil mad scientist in B2W2. I remember him only being part of Team Plasma because it gave him money to do experiments. And did everyone die except for Zinzolin and Drayden?

Well, I'm done expecting anything remotely new from Generations, it seems like they gave up after the Johto episodes.

Last edited:
Why not use the Shadow Triad?

I expected this episode to be about the Ghetsis/N absofusion climax, but I guess that's going to be the next one. After all, the B2W2 post-game doesn't really lend itself to an adaptation, and we know from the poster that Ghetsis and N are going to appear.

I guess Cheryl's episode was the last "creative" episode. Now they're just phoning it in with rewritten scenes from the game.

Well, we still have 1 more Unova episode. I thought this one was fine, nothing too special.

Maybe next episode will be about N? We haven't had him yet, and he's in the concept art.

You know...I was one of those that derided BW2 for returning to the same old villain scheme after BW. It never really sank in what this sort of thing meant. Now I know...and the horror that a war involving pokemon must be."

This one was fine. Nothing to write home about. Was Colress an insanely evil mad scientist in B2W2. I remember him only being part of Team Plasma because it gave him money to do experiments. And did everyone die except for Zinzolin and Drayden?

Well, I'm done expecting anything remotely new from Generations, it seems like they gave up after the Johto episodes.
In the games, Colress only really cared about his research and didn't really care for taking over Unova beyond information it gave him for said research. Heck, he actually helps the player character (who is his enemy for all intents and purposes) at times.

He just sided with Team Plasma because it was convenient for him, and after the game he makes amends and chills in the Frigate for rematches... it's a bit annoying he got off with being an accomplice without any sort of punishment, though.

He's more outright evil in adaptations, however.

In the games, basically everyone in Opelucid survives somehow (presumably they were just trapped in their homes and ate what they had), but here, it seems that they do die, I don't think they can survive being frozen directly like that.

Was Colress an insanely evil mad scientist in B2W2. I remember him only being part of Team Plasma because it gave him money to do experiments. And did everyone die except for Zinzolin and Drayden?

No and no.

Colress is largely amoral; he cares primarily about furthering his research. He says that he is comfortable with using a method "without a conscience" if it's necessary, but would prefer it if he didn't have to, and genuinely wants to see if Nate/Rosa can prove that their way is right. Once they do, he commits to that and dissolves Team Plasma after Ghetsis is taken away, and claims to have "detested" Ghetsis all along.

The Opelucid residents were unharmed in the games, but then, the attack on the city wasn't to this scale, either. Instead of a huge shaft of energy coating everything in ice, they only fired a few shots at the main streets and buildings. It seemed more like an attempt to temporarily shut down the city and impair travel while they searched for the Splicers.

No one else found that AMAZING?!
My eyes are actually dying here. That was the best animated thing I have seen in.................. maybe ever.

(PS. I was really hoping that coated Plasma henchman was gonna slip in the ice but alas.)

Well, I am happy that the kyurem appered and they did a story for them

No one else found that AMAZING?!
My eyes are actually dying here. That was the best animated thing I have seen in.................. maybe ever.

(PS. I was really hoping that coated Plasma henchman was gonna slip in the ice but alas.)

I thought it was amazing! The animation was something I wish they would've taken into Sun and Moon, but I guess the goofiness wouldn't quite fit that style of animation. Seriously, though, the tension was well done and the characterization was powerful.

Wow... death is pretty real in Generations, even if just implied

Yeah it is! They don't play around in Generations. I love that.

...well, that's one for the bad guys. Ouch.

Wow... death is pretty real in Generations, even if just implied

That's what you gotta love about these alternate universe specials/shorts: they have an edge to them the TV Show usually doesn't even try to think about having (especially now that it's more kiddy than ever) :love:

Last edited:
If I remember correctly from when I played the games, I think only parts of Opelucid City were frozen? I know that there were ice blockades that prevented you from reaching anywhere but the Pokémon Center, I think. But I seem to recall that there were some open spots here and there. I don't think there was anything my player character had to do to unfreeze the city, I believe that the ice just dissipated over time as you continued to play the game.
Cripes, the massive amount of ice that was poured down on Opelucid here is going to take more than 'some time' to melt. Sheesh, the Generations writers are really going to town with some of these episodes. It like they just want to see how much more havoc they can wreak than what was in the games. Like 'worst case scenario' havoc.
I don't seem to recall that Colress was so h-ll bent on his scientific work that he was willing to outright murder people, but maybe I'm forgetting if this side of him was in the games. I don't usually go back and replay my games so I don't really remember.
Anyway, this was an okay episode I suppose. No help at all from the player character again. I'm pretty sure I helped to battle the grunts when this happened. *shrugs*

I can confirm that the entire city was frozen, save for a few patches of unfrozen ground. Routes 9 and 11 also had frozen parts (I didn't know this until my 2nd playthrough) on the side facing the city. I'm also pretty sure that the ice goes away after beating the game.

I can confirm that the entire city was frozen, save for a few patches of unfrozen ground. Routes 9 and 11 also had frozen parts (I didn't know this until my 2nd playthrough) on the side facing the city. I'm also pretty sure that the ice goes away after beating the game.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I really didn't remember that Opelucid was frozen to that extent in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom