• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM010: Will the Z-Move Work! Challenge the Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM010: Will the Z-Move Work! Challenge the Grand Trial!!
Airs: January 12

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

It's finally time for the Island challenge against Island Kahuna Hala! Hala uses Fighting types, and his powerful battle style causes Ash great trouble. Ash goes up against him alongside Pikachu and Rowlet! During the battle, Hala unleashes a Z-Move together with his partner Hariyama, but Ash returns fire by using a fully powered Z-Move himself! It's a clash between two Z-Moves! How will it end?

Here are some clips from the episode.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQKZPDWahg&t

Last edited:
The battle looks good and the Z-Moves look particularly amazing. I especially like how Hariyama's All-Out Pummeling matches the shape of its hands. I'm not surprised that they're having Pikachu use Breakneck Blitz in this major battle, but I do wish that they'd let Rowlet do it. He's more inexperienced and can use all the fire power her can get, whereas Pikachu should be able to handle most of whatever Hala throws at him. Whatever, the battle should be good regardless.

Come to think of it, they could have used Makuhita+Crabominable instead of Hariyama+Crawbrawler. I wonder if they're saving the latter for Ash, considering that none of his teams ever overlapped with any gym leader's team in the respective region, save for Torkoal that was neglected. They even dropped Hawlucha from Korrina's team.

Maybe Hala's second Pokemon is just Mankey.

Eh, I'd rather watch Ash do some laundry instead. Slice of life, you know, it's so much better than these boring battles.

Come to think of it, they could have used Makuhita+Crabominable instead of Hariyama+Crawbrawler. I wonder if they're saving the latter for Ash, considering that none of his teams ever overlapped with any gym leader's team in the respective region, save for Torkoal that was neglected. They even dropped Hawlucha from Korrina's team.

Maybe Hala's second Pokemon is just Mankey.

Gardenia used a Turtwig, Burgh had a Leavanny and Clay had a Palpitoad and a Krokorok. Unless you mean simultaneously...

I'm a big fan of Hariyama so excited to see it again in a major role...

And I'd also love Ash to get Crabrawler so it's a win-win for me.

SM010: Will the Z-Move Work! Challenge the Grand Trial!!

This title isn't fully confirmed yet.

Hope so, the lack of question mark is making me cry inside.

Glad to see Pokémon finally returning back to its roots though. Whilst slice of life is alright, when it comes to Ash and Pikachu I can only tolerate so much. I want to see some actual battling.

Huh, the title does have a question mark though, Playerking made a mistake.(and its real as well)
Jan 12th: SM10 - Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!!
You're using Serebii Forums as a source over the actual magazine source?
1MQS0ca.png

OwE0Q_s-200x150.gif
I'm disappoint.

This honestly looks like one damn good looking episode. Though the CG backgrounds will be missed, it certainly looks like the animators are certainly stepping up their game. Something tells me though Ash is probably gonna lose the first time and then later on in the series he'll come back for a second try since that scene with Rowlett using the Z-move takes place at around night. I'll be surprised if he does win but then he'd probably go straight to the second island straight away.

Still if the writers come up with a tricky way to keep him there like the latest boat to the island's been cancelled or something like that he'll be hanging around the school for most of the season.

My guess is he'll lose the first time and come back for seconds later on.

He still needs to explore the rest of Melemele Island. These writers better not make him win when we all want him to lose, I mean its just rude after the Kalos league

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Rowlet: Megumi Hayashibara

Officer Jenny: Asami Seto

Hala: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Tapu Koko: Rikako Aikawa

Hariyama: Shin'ichiro Miki

Crawbrawler: Fumiko Takekuma

Gumshoos: Kaito Ishikawa

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

It's a Island challenge battle against Island Kahuna Hala! Ash and Pikachu get overwhelmed by the extreme strength and Z-Move power of Hala's Pokémon! But they fight back with their own fully powered Z-Move!

It's finally time for the Island challenge against Island Kahuna Hala! Hala uses Fighting types, and his powerful battle style causes Ash great trouble. Ash goes up against him alongside Pikachu and Rowlet! During the battle, Hala unleashes a Z-Move together with his partner Hariyama, but Ash returns fire by using a fully powered Z-Move himself! It's a clash between two Z-Moves! How will it end?

Last edited:
Since Litten is listed, I wonder if it'll be watching Ash battle. And it looks like Hala will have a Crabrawler... but none of his classmates are listed. I was hoping they'd go and support him :(

Since Litten is listed, I wonder if it'll be watching Ash battle. And it looks like Hala will have a Crabrawler... but none of his classmates are listed. I was hoping they'd go and support him :(
Nah, Litten isn't listed. That's been fixed now. And I assume Ash goes off an exploration when he decided to battle Hala and there was no time to go back to where he lives now and gather his friends. Or they could be busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom