• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM024: Alola! The First Visiting Day!!

Nice episode. One of the best ones from SM.

Did Hanako battled before? I don't remember. Still nice to see her do a tag battle with Satoshi, even if that's short for my taste.
For some reason they didn't add Kaki and Mao's parents, not even non speaking roles. Weird...
Poor Barri-chan wanted to battle...
Older females are Nyabby's weakness.

Did Hanako battled before? I don't remember. Still nice to see her do a tag battle with Satoshi, even if that's short for my taste.
For some reason they didn't add Kaki and Mao's parents, not even non speaking roles. Weird...
Really neat episode. Did anyone see a new update for the ending theme? I wonder why you guys didn't see the other changes in the pose where Rotom Dex becomes a screen where Ash and Pikachu show the viewers how to do the Z-pose instead of Rotom Dex being hit by these Z-moves...

Really neat episode. Did anyone see a new update for the ending theme? I wonder why you guys didn't see the other changes in the pose where Rotom Dex becomes a screen where Ash and Pikachu show the viewers how to do the Z-pose instead of Rotom Dex being hit by these Z-moves...
I actually uploaded all 4 versions but after Sony released "Alola/Poze!", they got copyright blocked.

I can't believe Delia traveled from Pallet Town to see her son but Kiawe's parents from Akala couldn't make it. Unbelievable.

Delivering milk must be an all-consuming thing to do.

Yeah, you bet they couldn't. Even Mallow's father couldn't make it, and that includes Lusamine.

Did anyone else get excited when they thought Mr. Mimeif was going to fight during the Team Skull scene?

HOW did Satoshi get away with attempting to cheat his way through the presentation with literally 0 retribution?!

Despite this school mechanics niggle, it was a nice little episode. Hanako is the bomb - of course she'd try to take on the grunts with her newly adopted, clearly reluctant cat! Suiren's embarrassment over her family is so real, I love it.
I can't believe Delia traveled from Pallet Town to see her son but Kiawe's parents from Akala couldn't make it. Unbelievable.

Delivering milk must be an all-consuming thing to do.
I think Kaki and Mao explained that their parents were working. I actually thought it was a neat touch - plenty of parents are unable to make school events due to work. Running your own business (especially something like a restaurant or a farm) is pretty time-intensive so it kinda makes sense they couldn't come!

This was a big improvement from last weeks episode.

Things I liked:
I liked how once litten knew he was being picked up and petted he was about to be freak out, then ash's mom scratched him under the chin calming him down.

I liked Lana's mom being introduced

I also liked lana's expression after her sisters went crazy and her mom had to pick them up.

I liked how rotom talked for ash but then his classmates, the professor, and the parents caught on.

Things I disliked:

Ash's stupid facial expression at the beginning of the episode. Getting really tired of those.

The first 8 minutes of the episode was a snooze-fest ( I thought we were getting a repeat of last week)

I didn't like how mallow's and kiawe's parents didn't show up( Although I think someone explained that they were working)

The team skull fight was pretty dumb and boring. Delia's fight with team skull lasted about 31 seconds (talking included) until ash stepped in, and ash's and delia's fight with team skull lasted about 44 seconds. So...yeah it was pretty pointless.

Overall i'd rate this episode a solid 7.

Next weeks episode looks like a lot of fun!

Was that a steelium z?

And I though I saw totem energy flare from the alolan raticate but I guess not.

I'm going to have to watch this episode again with subs to fully review it, but I do have to say I'm really glad they decided to have Mallow and Kiawe's parents be unable to come due to work. I would've loved to see them, but I think it's awesome that the anime chose to do that. As a kid whose parents couldn't come to everything because they both worked, I would've really liked seeing that represented on one of my favorite shows, because I feel like it rarely is. So I think it's great that kids today do get to see that.

Another decent little episode although this is one of those episodes where subs will be needed. Also they used the Z move animation again but thankfully it was cut down this time...

Did anyone else get excited when they thought Mr. Mimeif was going to fight during the Team Skull scene?
Yes, but at least she commanded a Pokemon.

I think Kaki and Mao explained that their parents were working. I actually thought it was a neat touch - plenty of parents are unable to make school events due to work. Running your own business (especially something like a restaurant or a farm) is pretty time-intensive so it kinda makes sense they couldn't come!

Yeah, I assume farms need to run smoothly. If they slack off, they might not be able to distribute their products on time. Although, I can't help but think of Kiawe and Mallow looking at where the other parents are and not seeing their family members are and finding that a little bit funny.

I really wonder why Satoshi had to go through that farce with Rotom. Looked like a simple show and tell or at least an oral essay.

I like how we get to have Delia come to visit Ash in the Alola region, she never does this other then Kanto when Ash was in other regions, so it's nice that she comes even if it's just one episode. The episode is fun to watch, I like how Litten freaks out until Delia starts petting him and Litten relaxes in her arms like she turned him off. Does anyone find it funny that Delia wants to take Litten home and Ash tells her not to, so when she puts Litten down, Litten ran behind Ash. XD

Well whaddaya know, Delia actually DID take on Team Skull! :eek:
...unfortunately it was with Litten instead of Mr. Mime. -_-

And yeah, that was annoyingly short for such a great premise. I know SM is focusing more in comedy & fun over action (especially thanks to XY focus on action not helping much), but c'mon producers!
Someone should really tell them that doing the reverse of the last saga to deal with its problems just leads to new ones...

For an episode I had pretty much no interest in at first, I ended up really enjoying this.

I loved how the premise of this episode was Ash being so utterly nervous for his school presentation that he was stressing out. It's a nice, realistic situation that kids go through. And of course having a plot that revolves around the school is always nice. That weird thing Ash had going on with his voice in the beginning was funny.

I love that this episode had so many sweet, adorable moments. Litten being cuddled by Delia for the entire episode and also being embarrassed by it, Sampson's Vulpix showing up and being pet by Delia, Hobbs showing up for Lillie, Sophecles being a cutie waving to his parents, Harper and Sarah being so interested in everything related to the school, Togedemaru's existence; everything was so adorable.

Alright, I get that Rotom just wants to help his trainer, but c'mon, trying to cheat? I would have expected Rotom to try to help Ash practice, not be the one to actually offer to cheat for him. And I was seriously irritated by the fact that he didn't get a single shred of a punishment. I know Kukui is supposed to be this super chill and lax teacher, but c'mon man. Give these kids a scolding when they rightfully deserve it.

Okay, I'm getting really annoyed with this Team Skull trio. They seem to be nothing other than Alolan TR and just show up for a few minutes to cause trouble and get blasted away with Gigavolt Havoc. It's nice to see the evil team so early, but having them show up at the near ends of episodes for a ridiculously short skirmish is just boring. I'd almost rather they not show up at all.

But all and all this was a cute episode. I'll give it an 8/10.

She did in SS004.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom