• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP14: Getting to Know You!

Snowy is so adorable, glad they gave a main character an alolan Vulpix, first Vulpix to be owned by a main character since Brock's

Nice to see Lillie hold her own for the most part against Team Rocket

A good episode we have here. Lillie spending some nice time with Snowy, TR getting in the way as ever but at least she did hold her own against them most part. It is refreshing to have a main character's Pokemon be giving a nickname after so long ago and for the Dub to still be good in this episode. I'll give this a 7.5/10.

Finally the episode I been waiting English is here it's so nice to finally watch one of my favourite Sun and Moon episode in English. Like the last episode none of the music felt out of place, and Lillie's dub voice is getting better, I think it becoming one of my favourites

The first episode I caught on TV :D This episode was adorable. Snowy and Lillie are the cutest pair. Also, before I even begin this review, can I just say how ULTRA SUPER ECSTATIC I am that FINALLY, we have a Pokemon on the main cast with a nickname. Seriously, 20 years with random cotd Pokemon here and there with nicknames, even some belonging to main characters, and only now do we actually have a main character on the current main cast with a nicknamed Pokemon. This is great, but it really should have come sooner. Please oh please let Lillie get more Pokemon and nickname them, too.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they hatched the two Vulpix within the same day. I found that to be kind of boring (could have had another episode focusing on them later), but whatever. I can say that I loved the personality differences between the two Vulpix, with Vulpix being super friendly right off the bat, while Snowy preferred to be by herself. I did love how Vulpix climbed on the desk and physically forced Snowy to interact with the other Pokemon. That was cute :X3:

I loved how Lillie was so crummy at throwing the Pokeball to catch and release Snowy. It was a nice touch to show how seriously inexperienced she is. But c'mon, that was the perfect opportunity to give her a non-standard Pokeball to catch Snowy in. Hell, Sampson gives the player like 3 Apricorn balls in Sun/Moon. Couldn't he have given her one of them? Major missed opportunity. :( I also liked that Lillie still couldn't bring herself to touch Snowy right away. Personally, I would have considered it odd for her to be so comfortable with her, even if she did take care of the egg. It was also nice that they focused on just showing the two bond throughout the episode. It was cute how Lillie wanted to learn everything about Snowy so she'd now how to take care of her.

Why on earth would Ash send out that incompetent owl to look for Lillie? He had a better chance of having Pikachu just run around the city. Anyway, I like that Lillie was brave enough to battle TR and that Snowy sometimes acted on her own to protect her trainer. But honestly, I really don't like how they made Lillie comfortable touching Snowyin this episode. I like the slow development they've been doing with her and having her catch Snowy and become fine with touching her within one episode just seemed too fast for me. I would have preferred for this to last for a few more episodes. At least she's not completely fine with all Pokemon yet.

Also, dub only issue, but I didn't like how Lillie basically said she gave Snowy her name because she had nothing else to call it as an egg. Seriously? What does that even mean? It's not like she called it "Eggy". She just randomly came up with Snowy as a name for an egg she had no idea would become? They couldn't have said it was because the egg was white as snow, or because it was found on snowy Mt. Lanakila? Sorry, but that really bothered me. Especially since the original version had an actual reason for Snowy's name.

I'll give this episode an 8/10. It was great, and I can't wait to see more of Snowy :)

Finally the episode I been waiting English is here it's so nice to finally watch one of my favourite Sun and Moon episode in English. Like the last episode none of the music felt out of place, and Lillie's dub voice is getting better, I think it becoming one of my favourites

A rule for dubs, particularly Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, is that actors need a bit to iron out their voices. Its the same for all voices truth be told.

If only we could've had more of the original music. Especially on the catch scene.

This was a good Lillie episode. I think the way they've chosen to approach her fear of touching Pokémon has gone pretty well so far. I don't want to see it dragged out, but I also don't want her to overcome it too quickly. I think as of now, the writers have struck a good balance. Lillie being able to interact with and touch Snowy but still being afraid of other Pokémon is a good step in making progress of her fear without it seeming rushed.

I love how Snowy and the other Vulpix had different voices! A small thing, but it stood out to me. Lillie's voice was pretty good this episode. It still needs some work, but I actually think her voice has sounded best in the episodes that focus on her and where she's featured more, so that's a good thing.

Mallow and Lillie's friendship is still really awesome. It's really nice to see the writers portraying a female friendship like that. I also enjoyed that Mallow says she's always been a busybody. The fact that these characters do have flaws, and that it's acknowledged and they admit to them, makes them feel much more real and relatable. I really feel like the classmates especially are very 3 dimensional, and it's fun to have these small details thrown in.

I also have to say that I loved seeing Lillie battle! Especially since she was really pretty capable at it. I'm hoping that's something we get to see more of. I feel like the female companions very often get shirked when it comes to battles (especially battling without the assistance of Ash) so it was interesting to watch Lillie actually get to do that.

Michelle Knotz' gag at the end was better than I expected but it was hard to hear with all the music playing.

These Vulpix are pretty cute.

Lol at Lille really screwing that up, good job Ash didn't get sucked inside... and I guess that Pokeball is registered to Lille or something because remember that time Brock caught a Taruos using one of Ash's? I mean maybe not since the dub skipped it... but I can read!

Damn, she's really happy. That's great! Kinda sucks that didn't happen for the gamer version, should've caught ole Nebby-chan.

Damn I was wrong about a Who's that Pokemon, I took the 50/50% on if it was Fire or Ice. Then again that also happened at the start of gen 5, when the anime started before the games were out and I had no clue what it was... as the name hadn't been revealed in the dub etc. I think it was the middle form of one of the starters.

Lille's good at being stalked, I guess.

"so that's your fave!" ...but the Vulpix tried one D:

"Mimikyu, go!" *leaves*. lmao that was actually hilarious.

Damn Lille nearly died. Also poor Ash, she only called out for Mallow, Ash wont be getting no waifu.

Sucks for Team Rocket to lose to a level one. I guess they did technically win the first battle against Snowy. (Kinda bleh on that name, read the Japanese name is Shiron which is cooler but eh)

Damn Jessie being cute and also Bewear! who knew. That's such a bear hug. shame it hurts...

Did anyone notice that the whole town/city is abandoned? There is not a single person who lives or appear there.

Did anyone notice that the whole town/city is abandoned? There is not a single person who lives or appear there.

Spooky. They probably got taken out in that Ratata Alola takeover that nearly destroyed the entire region had Ash not won his trial.

This was a nice episode. I like seeing more development for Lillie (even if it's rather slow-paced). And I liked how the two Vulpix had different personalities and voices instead of just being carbon copies of each other. The theme the dub gave them was also fitting. The only thing that stood out to me was that the two Vulpix only knew Ember and Powder Snow, but that's faithful to a just-hatched Vulpix in the games, I suppose.

Ah, what's that? The Egg Lillie cared for has finally hatched into Alolan Vulpix. That's great news! :)

Simultaneously, the Egg Samson Oak cared for has hatched into Vulpix. That's great news as well! Vulpix is one of my favorite Fire-type Pokémon and it has such a cute design, so it was just great seeing them here. :X3::X3:

I liked how the two Vulpix were shown to have differing characteristics. It may not have been intentional, but I liked how their personalities suited their types.

Adored Vulpix literally pushing Snowy to interact with others. :LOL::love:

So, Lillie is finally a Pokémon Trainer. Ah, I am happy with her development so far. (y)

Oh, Lillie is still not comfortable with touching Pokémon. Well, that's sad! :( I legit felt bad for both Snowy and Lillie during this particular scene.

It was nice seeing Lillie attempting to bond with Snowy the way she did. LOL at Mallow dragging Ash to follow Lillie and make sure everything remains in check. Am real glad she did. ;)

Rowlet being used as a search bird?! Legacy must continue, I guess. :LOL:

Did I ever mention that I love that new Team Rocket motto? Also, Mimikyu ignoring Jessie's command to attack Snowy was hilarious.:ROFLMAO:

Lillie and Snowy holding their own in their first ever battle was impressive. AND Lillie finally touches Snowy. That was a real heart-warming moment, I say.

LOL JUST HOW HIGH CAN THAT BEWEAR JUMP?! :eek:

So Lillie has still not gotten over her fear of Pokémon fully yet. Guess she still has a long way to go. Works wonderfully that way, I'd say. ;)

Jessie being cute! LOL'd seeing her being snuggled to near-death! :LOL:

All in all, it was a pretty nice, heart-warming episode. I'll give it a 9.9/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom