• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

October 4th episode titles revealed

Sushi

ひっでぇ・・・
Reaction score
Hello...I know I don't post here too often, but I do roam around quite a lot anyways. PokéAni has confirmed the titles of the two episodes that will be shown in the 2-hour special. The source was NewType, apparently.

Airing on October 4th:
DP048: Pokémon Contest! Hearthome Convention!!
Dawn partakes in the Hearthome Contest - and is faced with formidable rivals such as Zoey and Nando. Who will win the ribbon?

DP049: Everyone Participates! Tag Battle!!
Ash finally reaches the Gym, but finds out that the Leader is absent. Then he decides to enter a local Tag Battle tournament...

Atsuhiro Tomioka is the scriptwriter for both of these.

Ooh...

The Tag Battle episode sounds really good!!

And I hope Ash wins the tournament!!!! ^_^

So Nando returns, eh?

I really have to say that it looks as if Dawn's two rivals are Zoey and Nando, and that Kengo/Kenny was just a CotD.

Is Dawn actually going to face new coordinators, or is she just going to face the same handful of people again and again? One reason I don't want to see Nando is because of his Roselia, and having another major rival with Roselia as a lead Poke is so repetitive after Drew's Roselia was shoved down our throats.

Well, I guess with both Zoey and Nando there Dawn's chances of winning have dimmed, but I really thought Fatina would be participating as well.

Is Dawn actually going to face new coordinators, or is she just going to face the same handful of people again and again? One reason I don't want to see Nando is because of his Roselia, and having another major rival with Roselia as a lead Poke is so repetitive after Drew's Roselia was shoved down our throats.
I know what you're saying, but it's pretty obvious it's going to evolve soon. Heck, might've already evolved by the time we see it.

Still sucks, but at least the evo is better than the exact same pokemon. ^^;

True, but don't forget that even in the shows, Pokemon that evolve through evolution stones need that particular stone to evolve. Roselia evolves through Shiny Stone contact to get to Roserade. So unless Nando has a Shiny Stone, he'll still have a Roselia. I also think that when we next see Drew, he'll also have a Roserade. Also, Kenny was a difficult opponent for Dawn to beat. We never know. Dawn may very well get her second Ribbon there. I also don't think Fantina will appear in contests until Ash faces her in battle.

I'm thinking Nando might win. Since we're getting through contests so fast it seems unlikely Dawn'll get the ribbon, and we've already seen Zoey win one. Plus I want to see how Zoey'd react to being owned by someone who's not purely a co-ordinator.

I think it's better to have recurring rivals than only people we're bound to never see again.

Yeah, but we're bound to see like 7 more Contests this region, and it'll get stale pretty quickly with only the same three people for Dawn to battle against.

Its one of the reasons I liked the Hoenn Contests a bit more than the Battle Frontier ones, there were so many different and unique coordinators back then before they decided to focus on only a select few. Granted Harley's character was always entertaining, but thus far none of Dawn's rivals are as interesting as he was, so I would hope we get some new rivals for her to battle against too to keep it fresh.

Its one of the reasons I liked the Hoenn Contests a bit more than the Battle Frontier ones, there were so many different and unique coordinators back then before they decided to focus on only a select few. Granted Harley's character was always entertaining, but thus far none of Dawn's rivals are as interesting as he was, so I would hope we get some new rivals for her to battle against too to keep it fresh.

Me too. I am really looking forward to see some new coordinator-faces...such as Kelly or the mother-coordinator.

Why only ONE episode for a contest? I thought they already got it that gyms/contests should be at least 2 episodes... (and I hoped for even maybe 3-4 as this is a special contest... but seriously it had to be at least 2!)
A special contest with the Grand Festival rules (double performance and double battles) and with 4 important characters participating (Dawn Jessie Nando and Zoey) and probably including before the contest meeting with the rivals and character interactions AND training (because Dawn has a lot to train from what we saw at DP41) all that will be only one rushed episode... yay
And Fantina should of been in the contest too...
I guess Nando will win because Zoey already has 2 ribbons while he only has 1 as he stated at DP36
Also interesting if we'll get to see any new Pokémon for Zoey and Nando (if you must use different Pokémon at each round than Zoey must have one more and Nando two more)

Interesting if that tournament has any prize like another egg or something... and "Everyone Participates!"? maybe Ash and Dawn will enter together? and if thats really everyone does Brock might also participate?

So Nando returns, eh?

I really have to say that it looks as if Dawn's two rivals are Zoey and Nando, and that Kengo/Kenny was just a CotD.

I'm sure Kenny will be a rival just like Zoey/Nando/Paul... we should wait and see
Also Nando is not only Dawn's rival but he is a rival to both Dawn and Ash

Is Dawn actually going to face new coordinators, or is she just going to face the same handful of people again and again?

I'm not sure what to think about that... it's nice to get more emphasize on the rival characters and see them more than the previous ones but on the other hand most of the one time coordinators were interesting too... but it does look like from BF the writers decided to use mostly the rivals or even other main characters (like Ash and Brock) in contests except of making other coordinators

One reason I don't want to see Nando is because of his Roselia, and having another major rival with Roselia as a lead Poke is so repetitive after Drew's Roselia was shoved down our throats.

I also can't understand what they thought when they did another contest rival with Roselia... and even after it'll evolve it's still irritating

True, but don't forget that even in the shows, Pokemon that evolve through evolution stones need that particular stone to evolve.

The Exeggcute in the episode Ash's Charmander evolved and James' second Weepinbell evolved in the anime without leaf stone despite the fact that by the games that should be their only way to evolve
But I guess those were mistakes that they won't repeat... I think AG never contradicted an evolution way so DP probably won't either
Anyway even if they probably keep doing it by the games who says we must see Roselia evolve? Nando can easily appear with Roserade and say it evolved without giving any explanation (we never got to see how Drew or Harley got their Pokémon)

I also think that when we next see Drew, he'll also have a Roserade.

I actually think if we'll see Drew again he'll still have Roselia to make him as different as possible from Nando (at least this way their main Pokémon will only be from the same evolution line and not the exact same one)

Dawn may very well get her second Ribbon there.

Not likely
I'm sure they won't let her beat Nando until the Grand Festival and it's pretty obvious she won't beat Zoey that early

Zoey going postal on Nando. It is inevitable.

This is a different case since Nando actually like both contests and gyms
Also Nando probably will agree that someone shouldn't do both (that's probably why he wanted to choose one from the beginning until Ash and Dawn made him understand he can't choose) but will explain he simply can't choose and love both equally

Airing on October 4th:
DP048: Pokémon Contest! Hearthome Convention!!
Dawn partakes in the Hearthome Contest - and is faced with formidable rivals such as Zoey and Nando. Who will win the ribbon?

I have to point out that the description mentions that Zoey and Nando will both be in the contest, but that obviously means that they aren't the only two competitors. There's nothing to prove or disprove Fantina's appearance at this point in time. She could very well be in the contest.

I have to point out that the description mentions that Zoey and Nando will both be in the contest, but that obviously means that they aren't the only two competitors. There's nothing to prove or disprove Fantina's appearance at this point in time. She could very well be in the contest.

But in the next episode they find the gym... if Fantina was in the contest Ash probably would ask her to battle immediately after the contest
I don't think it's possible for Fantina to enter without anyone mentioning she's the gym leader

Hearthome!!!! Finally! Now if we could just stop with all the breaks ><.

Whatever happens, I hope that Nozomi loses to Nando. I want to see how she reacts to the gym/contest thing with him.

That tag battle tournament thing sounds interesting.

I'll be damned... this makes Naoshi's third appearance, and he's actually competing against Hikari in a Contest. Maybe I was wrong on my assumption that he was just another beginning trainer that recurs throughout the region but ultimately doesn't amount to shit (like Nanako and Kiyo)... thus far, he's appeared one time more than Kiyo, and unlike Nanako, we've actually seen his progress (and last time, he was actually a little ahead of Satoshi rather than being waaaaaaay behind like Nanako and her pathetic badge count at the end of Jouto, while at the same time being tied with Hikari in ribbon count). It's possible they'll actually stick through with this guy.

Though, it's a bit unfortunate that he has to act as a rival for both Satoshi (a highly experienced trainer) and Hikari (a newbie). As we saw from his first appearance, he's bound to give Hikari some problems, but if he ends up in the tournament against Satoshi, the guy will more than likely be a fucking pushover for him. It would be nice if we saw him go against Satoshi more, but unfortunately, there isn't any competition to collect a badge compared to a ribbon, and Satoshi's competitions against other trainers (especially filler competitions that aren't the big tournaments at the end of a region) seem to come along once in a blue moon, plus we rarely see Satoshi have just a simple, unofficial battle with recurring people he's gotten close to (actually, looking back, it seems he hardly ever battles with recurring characters during most of their appearances, even the rivals... hell, even Shinji hasn't traded blows with him the last couple times he showed up). That said, I wonder if Naoshi is also participating in this Tag Battle tournament with Satoshi.

well, fortunately, he has that Kimawari (one of the many Jouto Pokemon that've been neglected up to this point, I might add), and there's a good chance his third appearance will bring a new Pokemon along with it. For all we know, Roselia might stay out of both the first and second parts of the Contest.

Though, I do agree with you on the Roselia thing... they really shouldn't have evolved Subomi so early on. Were they anticipating Naoshi to be a one-shot and merely wanted to show off Roselia's new pre-evolution when they did that?

Last edited:
Sushi revealed the animators for each of the two eps.

DP 048: Kazue Kinoshita
DP 049: Natsume Kunihiko

Poor Nando. Getting screwed over by the same animator. -_-

Such a long wait for the next Contests...and they waste Kinoshita on it...at least the tag battle episode will be decent looking ,I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom