• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM040: Ashimari, Osyamari, and the Anch-gry Dadarin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rath

Reaction score
One day at the beach, Satoshi and Suiren meet the Trainer of an Osyamari that's really great at performing. The Trainer tells them they have come here in search of a ship that sunk here in the area long ago.

Date: August 31st

Another Lana episode! Woo-hoo! I think she will perform her first Z-move here...

"Performing" ? Nice bait.
Pretty hyped to see Brionne's debut in the anime tho, I like this pokemon.

Lana is less boring than two other classmates, and she deserved another episode, plus she will perform her waterium-Z move pose to defeat that haunted anchor.

Lana is less boring than two other classmates, and she deserved another episode, plus she will perform her waterium-Z move pose to defeat that haunted anchor.

I never talked about Lana you know I actually said that I'm hyped for the episode. Lana is the best Alola character for me anyway, of course she deserved another episode.

Performing? Really? Wow I didnt expect that with Brionne, jeez...

Not that kind of performing.

Performing is what the Popplio line is known for. Popplio is an acrobat, Brionne is a dancer, and Primarina is a singer.

What have we lucky bastards done to deserve so much Suiren focus?! :cool:

My first guess on seeing the title was Popplio evolving

Clearly I was wrong
Not necessarily. Having another trainer with a Brionne could be cover for it. Remember, when Brock's Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp, the Japanese title for the episode still have Mudkip's name in the title.

My first guess on seeing the title was Popplio evolving

Clearly I was wrong

Not necessarily. Having another trainer with a Brionne could be cover for it. Remember, when Brock's Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp, the Japanese title for the episode still have Mudkip's name in the title.

Sanpei basically proves that if another trainer appears with an evolved from of the existing Pokemon, the existing one can still evolve (I'd argue that evolved forms increase the chance of the Main character's Pokemon evolving: Pignite, Gliscor (?), Torterra, Froakie and Frogadier etc.)

I think this episode for the Water Z Move. I am not sure, but I think that this episode will be for the trainning to perform the Water Z move, and that feeling came from the title

My original inkling was that Lana's Popplio would probably stay a Popplio the whole series, and that Primarina would be the signature Pokémon of a future rival - basically the Cameron or Sawyer of the Sun/Moon series.

Now that Lana has her own Z-Ring however, will Popplio evolve all the way and eventually master Oceanic Operetta? Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I was worried that Suiren and Ashimari would be the quiet/kind/boring pair of the series, but they have fairly quickly proved to be significant players. I'm now pretty confident that Ashimari will go all the way. I think Suiren is going to be one of the genuine battlers (whatever than means in SM LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom