• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP053: Hikozaru's Tears!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The preview shows a lot of images of Hikozaru training with Satoshi-tachi's pokemon.

Later, we see a gang of Zangoose come out from behind the bushes and attack!

In one shot, we see a Zangoose slashing Satoshi on his shoulder (leaving three nasty-looking slash marks) while he shields Hikozaru in his arms.

Another shot shows Musashi's Habunake struggling against about three or four Zangoose by itself.

The preview ends with a shot of Hikozaru tearing up...while looking at Takeshi?

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially since Satoshi got hit by a Flamethrower full-on in the chest just two episodes earlier without so much as a scratch.

Anime logic is funny.

I really hope Chimchar stays with Ash. We don't need another Mudkip.

Given that it seems to have bonded with him from the current episode summery i'm don't think that brock will take it, plus he's got enough pokemon as is already which makes it more doubtful.

If Brock is protecting Chimchar though, then it's just another nod back to Charmander, as he was the one who helped it out first before letting Ash get it.

Previews have been misleading alot this season, people should stop treating them like they are accurate.

Last edited:
Fighting it's enemy and helping everyone aren't mutually exclusive. I hope Seviper does save the day. I think the last time TR did was the last Botch and Cassidy ep.

It seems weird that the writers chose Zangoose for this whole thing to me, well i guess mongooses can eat small monkey's but whatever. I really don't want to see this happen, but i could see the writers like repeating what they did with arbok and weezing and have seviper go protect some pokemon from the zangoose.

It seems weird that the writers chose Zangoose for this whole thing to me, well i guess mongooses can eat small monkey's but whatever. I really don't want to see this happen, but i could see the writers like repeating what they did with arbok and weezing and have seviper go protect some pokemon from the zangoose.

I doubt Seviper would leave in an episode focusing on Chimchar, then again we have had double plot episodes before show up unexpectedly....

Edit:I just saw the preview myself, and before the shot of Chimchar tearing up there's a shot of Brock and Dawn smiling(and then it shifts to thier view and brock's back is slightly seen which explains the slight confusion) at Chimchar which is why it cries..heh tears of joy I suppose.

Also worth noting Chimchar seems to mimic Ash well, how ironic all those who wanted him to get instead of Turtwig got thier wish.

Last edited:
The way Dogasu worded it confused me, but seeing the preview Chimchar is definately NOT crying because of Brock.

EDIT: Maybe crying because Brock freaks him out. Or maybe he met his new "family".

Afterwords, Sinnoh Police found Chimchar hanging from a branch by a noose. All reports point to a suicide.

They... dared adding actual physical damages from cuts?!

Woah.
Wow!

I can't believe this! O_O

Ash getting all cut up like that is pretty major for the Pokemon anime. But then again, that sort of happened back in "Ignorance is Blissey".

Anyway, I must see pics of Ash's cuts now.

*goes to Ash club hoping to find pics*

EDIT: Aww....no one seems to have any pics yet.

Oh well. I guess that means I'll have to wait. ^^;

Last edited:
So...

...isn't this the episode that air date is dependent on rather a Baseball team wins or not?

Yes, my Zangoose minions! Slash Ash across the shoulder! Eat that Chimchar! And don't let that sorry excuse of a Seviper get in your way! *has gone absoloutely mental*

Looks like a fun episode. If anyone has uploaded the preview onto Youtube or something yet, can somebody give me a link?

Let's hope that baseball team will lose XD
I hope TR will help against the Zangoose because Seviper wants to battle them and also because Jessie still feels bad for Chimchar and want to help it
And I hope those are the same Zangoose and that Chimchar will be able to defeat them and also overcome its "trauma" from them

Here's that elusive scratch picture from the preview.
scratch.png

Satoshi's blood color is apparantly neon purple.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom