• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM046: The Shapeshifting Metamon, Find that 'mon!

Is it just me or didn't Bewear bother to show up and take Team Rocket to its den for once? Though I found it weird, is it the first time Team Rocket appear in this episode without a wild Bewear?

No forced Bewear gag today? Sweet! It usually only seems to come get them if they're either about to achieve something, or are just up to no good.

Anyways, I kind of found the episode
a little rushed. The main plot point of the episode was literally only about 5-7 minutes before it ended. The shenanigans ensued during It were fun at least.

The Quagsire bit with Ditto was actually pretty funny. Swalot also could've been a good candidate.

Also it's nice to know TR is aware of Type: Null's existence as of now. This could probably lead to something major in the future.

7.5/10

Also, see, Faba threw Rowlet for nothing more than thinking that he was going to grab Nebby from the bag. What a jerk. And that's putting it lightly.

You know, I think that Lillipup in the picture in SM008 and SM027 is actually Lusamine's which evolved into a Herdier. Also, that Clefairy wasn't Lusamine's Pokemon, it was Lillie's. It was back then a Cleffa, but later evolved into a Clefairy, and Lillie also mentioned in SM044 that Lusamine evolved her Clefairy via Moon Stone into a Clefable without her proper permission and she couldn't see it either.

It was a bit of a jumpy episode wasn't it? I didn't feel we spent long enough on any aspect to actually get into it. I also thought all the best gags were spoiled entirely by the preview (Sauboh throwing Mokuroh, the Nuoh Metamon), leaving a lot of less funny/interesting content in between.

In all honesty I didn't understand some of the key dialogue which obviously doesn't help. Can anyone tell me:
- Why Sauboh hired the TRio.
- What went down in the last scene? Appeared to me that they all just agreed that the TRio had "not seen anything" in the lab.

Also, that Clefairy wasn't Lusamine's Pokemon, it was Lillie's. It was back then a Cleffa, but later evolved into a Clefairy, and Lillie also mentioned in SM044 that Lusamine evolved her Clefairy via Moon Stone into a Clefable without her proper permission and she couldn't see it either.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. Lusamine explicitly stated in SM044 that the Clefairy was her Pokémon; Lillie was just mad that she could not witness Clefairy's evolution.

I have a feeling that whatever changes Lusamine have in the anime will be applicable to her character in USUM.

Also, note the types of Pokemon at Aether Foundation not found in the Sun and Moon games:

Qwilfish
Swanna (Ducklett line)
Ivysaur (Bulbasaur line)
Quagsire (Wooper line)

These could be clues as to Pokemon that might show up in USUM. Moreso being at Aether Foundation than any out-of-town Pokemon in the airport or at Wela volcano in other episodes, which are more likely to be merely from tourists.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. Lusamine explicitly stated in SM044 that the Clefairy was her Pokémon; Lillie was just mad that she could not witness Clefairy's evolution.
While Clefairy is Lusamine's, she was mad because Clefairy was cuter, not because she missed the evolution.

Show: Who's that Pokemon?
Me: It's PIKACHU!
Show: Sike, it's Ditto!
Me:..... FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK :cry:

That travesty aside, episode is quite dialogue based so subs definitely needed. From what I've picked up though, Ash looked like he probably would have kicked Faba's ass for throwing Rowlett with Pikachu if Lillie didn't apologize. TR teaming up with Faba to get Nebby also? He doesn't stay in the bag either, surprise surprise. Other than that, the little hint that they created Null at the end is cool and I guess flows into the next episode also and I am personally really fond of this Lusamine so far, if she goes crazy later on I think it'll have a bigger impact. Seems so far that Lillie looks to have an issue with how much her mother works if I read the last scene with them right but maybe the subs would help there. All in all a good episode with some laughs (Fuck you Ditto).

There's so much dialog that subs are needed to understand the episode. I feel that this episode helps start setting up for major events that are going to happen in the future.

It's been getting harder and harder for me to understand what's going on lately... I guess I'm going to need subs now, but that's a good indication that there's more substance to these episodes.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this episode. I don't think there was any problem with the pacing, because if the shenaningans with Ditto had started earlier it'd feel like it was being dragged on longer than necessary. I think this was meant to serve much more as an introduction to Aether Foundation than an episode about Ditto, and it did it pretty well. It also gave us a much needed, deeper look at Lusamine and the others than SM044.

Ash, understandably, got pretty angry when Faba threw Rowlett. I'm glad this happened, because I had expected him to be simply confused or just midly annoyed, based on his characterization in this series (kinda like how he barely got angry whenever Trip insulted him back in BW). Despite all this, there's still something that prevents me from finding Faba dislikeable...?

I wish I could comment more on what's going on with Team Rocket but, again, I can't understand much. I'm not sure if they're teaming with Faba and are up to something together, or if Faba just wanted to have them as employees and isn't aware that they're trying to steal Nebby. In any case, this looks pretty promising. I wouldn't mind if things end up as Rocket vs. Aether, but I do hope it takes a different route than a rivalry like the previous three organizations.

Also, 10/10 unexpected death stare:
tumblr_oy2q6sth7V1rxenr3o1_540.gif

(Again, I wish I knew what's going on there)

Last edited:
Just wondering if we're going to do a Pokemon section for the Aether Foundation similar to that of Treasure Island and Clawmark Hill

Still unable to edit Bulbapedia at the moment

Team Rocket, groans, spotted them straight away, why did they have to appear

Was hoping Nebby would teleport them back to Bewear

RIP Narrator.
Ditto on Rotomdex's screen is transformed in a normal way. So, what's wrong with this Ditto?

Truly the best part of the episode.
I think we will be having Lillie doing the narration at the very beginning of the episode when she reports the events of the previous episode while writing it in a diary and will last up to SM049.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom