• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM052: The Altar of the Sun! Solgaleo Descends!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM052: The Altar of the Sun! Solgaleo Descends!!
Airs: November 30

Don't you think Nebby is evolving too fast? Like they are rushing this arc so fast you don't know what's going to happen next.

Well, there is no guarantee that Nebby will evolve here. For all we know, this Solgaleo comes out from a portal or something for a reason and Nebby will become a Lunala at a later point during the saga, maybe to face Necrozma or for some other reason.

Besides, even in the games Nebby evolves relatively fast, despite taking much longer by leveling up a regular Cosmog.

Well, there is no guarantee that Nebby will evolve here. For all we know, this Solgaleo comes out from a portal or something for a reason and Nebby will become a Lunala at a later point during the saga, maybe to face Necrozma or for some other reason.

Besides, even in the games Nebby evolves relatively fast, despite taking much longer by leveling up a regular Cosmog.
Cosmog evolves into a Cosmoeg, Cosmoeg evolves into either Lunala or Solgaleo.

First Summary
Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash has come to Poni Island to meet the legendary Pokémon Solgaleo. However, there's no Solgaleo there; instead, the Pokémon said to be the guardian deities of the Alola region have gathered there. And just before the surprised Ash's eyes, Tapu Koko and the other Pokémon take a certain action.

This much I know, but raising Cosmog and Cosmoem is still hard, especially because neither the former nor the latter learn any attacking moves. Meanwhile, Lillie’s Nebby evolved surprisingly fast, reaching its final stage during the climax.

So, Anime Nebby evolving quickly into Cosmoem and then Solgaleo/Lunala wouldn’t really surprise me.

…And by judging the above summary, the “certain action” could imply having the deities trying to help Nebby evolve.

Last edited:
That aside, Tapu Koko and the other guardians will show up and help Ash and the others find a Solgaleo to open the Ultra Space and find Lusamine who got accidentally sucked up into a ultra black hole created by Faba who used Nebby to open it.

So, Anime Nebby evolving quickly into Cosmoeg and then Solgaleo/Lunala wouldn’t really surprise me.

Please, please excuse me for nitpicking, but I really cannot resist since it’s my favourite (and imo quite unloved and ignored) legend, but it’s "Cosmoem" and not "Cosmoeg". :censored:

Maybe Nebby will fully evolve into Lunala, she has been missing in the poster and some merchandise.

Eh...I'll wait until official confirmation before fully reacting.

These titles & summaries sound like a bit much...

Then again, they're probably trying to get stuff done to bring in USUM elements. And just hope this isn't a repeat of that nasty business with BW or AG...:cautious: (I pray to Arceus we don't get DA 2.0 :confused:)

Maybe Nebby will fully evolve into Lunala, she has been missing in the poster and some merchandise.

That would be nice...but usually when that happens it's less about surprising people and more about the producers or creative team just don't want to use them... :(

Please, please excuse me for nitpicking, but I really cannot resist since it’s my favourite (and imo quite unloved and ignored) legend, but it’s "Cosmoem" and not "Cosmoeg". :censored:

My bad. My autocorrect automatically “fixed” it by copying the name from above. ^^;

But yeah, by judging the summaries from previous episodes, it wouldn’t surprise me if Nebby actually evolved here thanks to the deities.

Though, I hope Lunala as well will appear at some point.

My bad. My autocorrect automatically “fixed” it by copying the name from above. ^^;

But yeah, by judging the summaries from previous episodes, it wouldn’t surprise me if Nebby actually evolved here thanks to the deities.

Though, I hope Lunala as well will appear at some point.
Yeah, hope that Lunala appears and have some action in the anime and not face the same pushed into a special only treatment that Yveltal faced.

This makes...sense? No really it does.
They are far from ending the plot. This could end up calming Lusamine, and also the start of Lillie as a trainer, as implied in USUM. Giving us an USUM related mood would not be strange, and they can easily take 2 years to cover Ultra Recon Squad, Ultra Beasts, and Rainbow Rocket.

Simple what is going to happen after Lusamine is safed: the other legendary pokemon will appear and absorb it

I wondering where Lillie had found the Sun Flute? Because, that is the only way for Nebby to evolve to Solgaleo. Otherwise, impossible since is the characters haven't reach the third island yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom