• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M11: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I'm surprised a thread like this hasn't shown up yet, especially since we always have one for every other movie.

Anyways...according to PokeAni, the main pokemon in the second Diamond & Pearl movie will be revealed in the issue of CoroCoro comics that goes on sale December 15th. This could just be confirmation that Regigas is in the movie, or it could reveal another legendary in the movie (Shami/Shaymin?). OR, it could be a new Generation V pokemon.

Post any other news you find out about the movie here.

LOL, there is a 99% chance that they will show Rejigigas (the 1% is the WTF chance that they pull a logic bomb), and a good enough chance they show shaymin. It's just that the set up is pretty darn obvious.

It's probably too early for a gen V pokemon to be revealed... hmm... when was Muchlax revealed? the second Advance movie? I guess it is possible to see a new pokemon, but I doubt it'll be revealed in that issue.

But Celebi revealed Kecleon, Wailmer, and Azurill in the Mini-Movie.

Yeah, it's much too early to be revealing a gen 5 Pokemon. Like the Celebi and Deoxys movies before it, I think this movie will stick to its generation (Munchlax doesn't count).

Why doesn't Munchlax count? They could introduce a new minor 5th gen Pokemon, it doesn't have to be anything special.

Hell, we got Kecleon revealed waaaay back in the middle of Johto. What is the difference?

Then again, we still have 2 unrevealed Pokemon left in this Gen.

Kecleon and Munchlax were shown after all the 2nd and 3rd Pokemon were revealed respectively.

We still haven't got Shaymin, so this is probably it. I think it might be a little weird to reveal a 5th Gen prior to Arceus personally, although I don't think it's impossible.

If so, I still wouldn't expect it till a bit later down the line before the movie.

Maybe the reason that D/P is progressing so slowly is because of the sheer number of legendaries that the writers have to cram into movies; D/P could have the most movies of any generation yet.

Their pattern suggests they will show us something familiar first, and tell us the main part of the title in some teaser trailer. Then, after a while, the real trailer is revealed and the title is extended to include the name of whatever pokemon this movie is about.

We'll probably get Shaymin and a fifth-gen baby in this movie.

Hm, I very highly doubt there will be any Gen V Pokémon in this. I remember reading a Game Freak interview where they said they wanted to take a break after making Gen IV.

Besides, if Regigigas and Shaymin are in this, and the psychic trio is handled in the show, then we've still got Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, and Arceus to cover (I bet Phione will get an episode).

I can't see the 4th gen getting more than 4 movies. The last AG movie featured a D/P legend, but I assume this time the last D/P movie will still feature D/P legends.

I can't see the 5th gen starting much later than 2010, considering the sales figures for D/P. If they know they can make that much money again in just 4 years time, why would they not take advantage of it?

I can't see the 4th gen getting more than 4 movies. The last AG movie featured a D/P legend, but I assume this time the last D/P movie will still feature D/P legends.

I can't see the 5th gen starting much later than 2010, considering the sales figures for D/P. If they know they can make that much money again in just 4 years time, why would they not take advantage of it?

Maybe they're just burned out for now? And GenV will have to wait until they've got some fresh ideas?

Argy said:
I remember reading a Game Freak interview where they said they wanted to take a break after making Gen IV.

Do you have a link?

Also...break from what? Not making games that just use a ten-year-old formula with new characters plugged in?

Maybe they really are running out of ideas? I mean seriously, I don't care how many dang legendaries we got this last game, they took four years. They definitely could've given us way more pokemon than they did.

I also understand people needing breaks but...this is their job! That's what they're paid for! Ok if they want a break for awhile, but something tells me the big dogs won't let it go for too long. It might be Japan, but they love money just as much as everyone else.

In regards to the main topic, I'm not getting my hopes up for Regigas. I have a strong feeling it'll be in the movie, but that doesn't mean jack. Didn't the ninth movie's original trailer focus more on Kyogre? Heck, the poster they originally released had Jackie and the stupid thing on it! Look where that went. <<

They should have a contest for a fan-made pokemon to get made official. It works for Digimon.

The closest I can think of to this in Pokemon is Marin, winner of the "Draw Pikachu's Friend" contest that Magical Pokemon Journey had in Japan. While never made an official pokemon, it got on the cover of the comic.

(on that note, it didn't have a credit in the English volume. Was Marin's creator credited in the Japanese edition?)

(on that note, it didn't have a credit in the English volume. Was Marin's creator credited in the Japanese edition?)
I don't have the volume either, but I think it's pretty safe to say yes. The female manga-ka are especially known for their closeness to the fanbase, they yap about a lot of junk that has nothing to do with their stories.

If you have people talking about going to Tokyo Disney World, buying an official Harry Potter robe, how they LOVE PPG and other junk...something tells me that wouldn't be left out. ^^;

But this was on a cover, and the only note about it in English is a little tag saying that it's named Marin and it was the winner of a "Draw Pikachu's Friend" contest in Japan. I doubt Tsukirino mentioned the name of the winner in her side notes, since those were translated, as well as her afterthoughts and post-volume ramblings, and it's not mentioned in any of those.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom