• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM055: Thank You, Solgaleo! Our Hoshigumo!!

OMG!!! Please unlock Bulbapedia, I really want to edit after this episode

Talk about a dramatic episode, considering the title, I'm surprised that Solgaleo appears only in Flashback, at least I assume so seeing as how the video I am watching is lagging

Team Rocket had another pointless appearance this episode, can't help but laugh though that Mareanie imagined marrying James

Was nice to see previous characters appear in this episode, DJ Leo, Nina among others

OMG!!! Please unlock Bulbapedia, I really want to edit after this episode

Talk about a dramatic episode, considering the title, I'm surprised that Solgaleo appears only in Flashback, at least I assume so seeing as how the video I am watching is lagging

Team Rocket had another pointless appearance this episode, can't help but laugh though that Mareanie imagined marrying James

Was nice to see previous characters appear in this episode, DJ Leo, Nina among others

Yeah, very exciting episode. Especially, where Professors finally engaging. Also, kind of agree with you Team Rocket another pointless appearance.

Can't wait for the next episode. I presumably will be the last episode of the season, before the writer heading to the Ultra Sun and Moon sub-series beginning with Ula Ula Arc with the debut appearance of Guzma, Nanu and Acerola. It will be very interesting.

Wait a minute...Kukui have no bed? Where will they sleep? Satoshi, it's time to move out.
Sauboh and his creepy pokemon are honorary guests; Mamane, Suiren and Kaki's families are not even invited to the wedding...Perfect logic.
If I get it correct, Satoshi and his friends are "Ultra Guardians" now, responsible with protecting Alola from Ultra Beasts and other extradimendional threats. Is that right?

Last edited:
Is it really necessary to actually showcase that scene of Lillie writing down in her diary once more? This is really getting boring! And now that this arc is over, I don't think she will be doing that in a few episode before the actual narrator returns.

Wait a minute...Kukui have no bed? Where will they sleep? Satoshi, it's time to move out.
Sauboh and his creepy pokemon are honorary guests; Mamane, Suiren and Kaki's families are not even invited to the wedding...Perfect logic.
Because some of them had to work so they couldn't come to the wedding.

Is it really necessary to actually showcase that scene of Lillie writing down in her diary once more? This is really getting boring! And now that this arc is over, I don't think she will be doing that in a few episode before the actual narrator returns.
Well, it makes sense to me, because everything has been resolved with her family and it's the end of this arc.

Because some of them had to work so they couldn't come to the wedding.
That's absurd. Invited guests, too, had to work, that doesn't mean that they can't go to weddings, etc. They're farmers, surely they can't be busier than Junsa and Joy.

Episode's higlights:
Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-29-38-1.png

Kukui: "All my friends are here. And all these strangers are here, too"
Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-27-14-2.png

First openly gay relationship in Pokemon?
Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-27-14-1.png

Still a better OTP than Kukui and Burnet.

Last edited:
Right ok, now that I have gathered my thoughts: what a lovely episode!
I really wasn't expecting to be into this wedding at this time, but omg, I so was.

It was everything - the buildup in the episode, everyone's reactions, the presence of so many ex-"CoTD"s, Iwane (obvs) *sigh*

My favourite scene by far was the proposal. I, just like Burnet, fell for it hook, line and sinker. She was trying to tease it out of him and he was acting like such an idiot and when she said "Kimi ni kimeta!" and he held out a fucking monster ball and she looked so deflated, I felt my heart had been rendered in two... and then this?!:
tumblr_p1b3llrtyk1s3at53o5_1280.jpg
My heart actually stopped and I had to bite my fist not to scream out loud.

After that, I was sold.

Satoshi's reaction was priceless. I really expected him to be a bit confused or upset but no it was pure, unadulterated happiness and honestly it unbearably precious. He has a really cute moment with Pikachu on the beach where he's like "Wedding, omg!" and Pikachu is just splashing about in the water, utterly oblvious and Satoshi calls him out on it - what a role reversal from this!:
efhrsq7aqk0k4i90zrba.jpg

All the kids were really sweet, the girls were squeeing as much as I was! I'm not sure I'd be onboard with my own wedding being a surprise planned by other people, but actually so much thought had gone into every aspect of it by people who love them and the wedding scenes themselves were blissful.

I love how they skirted around the first kiss with the Gonbe/Ookido PDA haha, although just how is Kukui gonna skirt around the fact that he has to consummate his marriage on a sofa in an open-plan house with Satoshi & the entire menagerie within easy sight/hearing?... ;)

Hidoide's fantasy was as predicted, but no less wonderful for it - who wouldn't want to marry Kojirou?!

The only buzzkill was Wannabe Edgelord Glazio, but you'll all be pleased I'm sure that he turned up essentially just to pester Satoshi to complete the island challenge...

Right ok, now that I have gathered my thoughts: what a lovely episode!
I really wasn't expecting to be into this wedding at this time, but omg, I so was.

It was everything - the buildup in the episode, everyone's reactions, the presence of so many ex-"CoTD"s, Iwane (obvs) *sigh*

My favourite scene by far was the proposal. I, just like Burnet, fell for it hook, line and sinker. She was trying to tease it out of him and he was acting like such an idiot and when she said "Kimi ni kimeta!" and he held out a fucking monster ball and she looked so deflated, I felt my heart had been rendered in two... and then this?!:
tumblr_p1b3llrtyk1s3at53o5_1280.jpg
My heart actually stopped and I had to bite my fist not to scream out loud.

After that, I was sold.

Satoshi's reaction was priceless. I really expected him to be a bit confused or upset but no it was pure, unadulterated happiness and honestly it unbearably precious. He has a really cute moment with Pikachu on the beach where he's like "Wedding, omg!" and Pikachu is just splashing about in the water, utterly oblvious and Satoshi calls him out on it - what a role reversal from this!:
efhrsq7aqk0k4i90zrba.jpg

All the kids were really sweet, the girls were squeeing as much as I was! I'm not sure I'd be onboard with my own wedding being a surprise planned by other people, but actually so much thought had gone into every aspect of it by people who love them and the wedding scenes themselves were blissful.

I love how they skirted around the first kiss with the Gonbe/Ookido PDA haha, although just how is Kukui gonna skirt around the fact that he has to consummate his marriage on a sofa in an open-plan house with Satoshi & the entire menagerie within easy sight/hearing?... ;)

Hidoide's fantasy was as predicted, but no less wonderful for it - who wouldn't want to marry Kojirou?!

The only buzzkill was Wannabe Edgelord Glazio, but you'll all be pleased I'm sure that he turned up essentially just to pester Satoshi to complete the island challenge...
Eh, wouldn't that make sense that Mareanie is actually a female?

This episode had some pretty good moments in it, but I wish we could've had most of the separation parts in another episode. The wedding scene deserved more time.

Surpringly enough, nobody is bothered by Faba at the party despite the fact he nearly made Lillie and Gladion orphans (where is their dad this series anyway?) And roll with it.

The Mareanie bit was cute, but I wish it got to do more this episode. Still good regardless. No forced Bewear scene either.

Some of the animated bits in this episode were gorgeous, too bad I lagged through most of them. The shots like Kukui and Burnet in the sunset, Burnet in her dress, etc. were all done nicely.

Ash didn't even suffer from Butt Monkey Syndrome in this! He was pretty likable in this episode, retaining his XY seriousness and his SM goofyness at the same time! More of this please.

Only real sin this episode had was a lack of Wobbuffet, but it's excused since he wouldn't do much here anyway.

10/10

Oh my god. Ash lying with Munchlax. That's pretty cute that he's now well acquainted with Professor Burnet's Pokemon. And even Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet's coffees are showing their love. I'm surprised Crabrawler showed up. And whomever drew that starry sky deserves a lot of credit.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom