• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM062: The Evil Nyarth is an Alolan Nyarth!?

This episode is kinda weird & odd. When first seen Alolan Meowth tried to replaced the one that been Team Rocket so long and then at the end of the episode. It join with Team Rocket directly.

Nevertheless, this episode is great and see some of the battle segment. IN which, we been wanted for so long.
Hope, the next episode much hype. Where Ash Litten finally evolve to torracat. Can't wait!

So that Alolan Meowth basically stole Meowth's money, used it to buy a plane ticket to Kanto, and is now all comfily and cozily hanging out with Giovanni at the Team Rocket HQ?

I'm really looking forward to the subtitles to learn that A-Meowth's motivations. Although one thing is clear even without subtitles: the Rocket trio is not happy with the ending.

Wonder if this means we'll be seeing that Meowth again in the future...

PS. Did that thing seriously trip Mimikyu to risk Meowth's life "just because"? What a douchebag...

This episode managed to meet all my expectations and hope. Only wish they had gave TRio the Z-Ring information earlier than that.

For the first time since SM025, we finally get to see the TR base and just general residence of it. I liked the transition of Ash's house to their base as it showed the similarities and contrasts between them. Meowth had a reason to be mad at Jessie, but it was no where of an excuse to run put in tears. Especially when over ice cream, the scene came out a little unrealistic for me.

Alolan Meowth was more amusing than antagonistic imo. And the fact it joined TR pretty much kills any chance of it belonging to Nanu. Glad to see them finally learn they need a Z-Ring for Z-Moves, only issue I have about this is how they'll actually manage to get one. Perhaps Nanu would also help both the school AND them?

It was great to finally see more greatly animated battles in the series. The last time we actually had a legitimate decent TR battle was in SM039. Also Bewear blast off was pretty funny this time.

All in all the episode was pretty good and technically isn't filler I guess. Hopefully TR will have more development in store soon.

9.2/10

So that Alolan Meowth basically stole Meowth's money, used it to buy a plane ticket to Kanto, and is now all comfily and cozily hanging out with Giovanni at the Team Rocket HQ?

I'm really looking forward to the subtitles to learn that A-Meowth's motivations. Although one thing is clear even without subtitles: the Rocket trio is not happy with the ending.

PS. Did that thing seriously trip Mimikyu to risk Meowth's life "just because"? What a douchebag...
The Trio also learn they need the Z-Ring to activate their Darkinium-Z. The one made of boards won't work.

Correction, it should be the trio hard earned money. Not only just Meowth, But Jessie & James hard earned as well.

That is why, Alolan Meowth is very cunning and deceptive.

The Trio also learn they need the Z-Ring to activate their Darkinium-Z. The one made of boards won't work.

I kinda doubt, in the future episode. They're going to steal from one of Island Kahuna to claim it as their own. Better yet, capturing Necrozma and torturing it bit by bit as it body falling apart to obtain those sparkling stone to creating it.

Last edited:
A-Meowth showing up at the TR HQ was very unexpected and cool. I'm glad Giovanni gave the TRio credit for sending it over.

That remix of Giovanni's OS theme was a nice surprise. It was also good to see the return of the ole tried and true pitfall trap; I wish they'd do that more often.

Was pleased to see Oranguru's bar once again, Oranguru is a good bar keep, serving any customer drinks, listening to their troubles as the Morelull and Shiinotic provide lighting

Blimey were Jessie and James thick not to see that the A-Meowth wasn't their own. Was great to see a proper appearance from Giovanni after a disappointing fantasy only appearance a few episodes ago

Globally in first I liked this episode because it was filled with cute pictures/scenes of Kojiro and Musashi, it was a pretty good fan-service (the Meowth drama/bashing was exaggerated and annoying) but I have a big problem with the fact of Nyarth getting hurt a lot because of the Alolan Nyarth in front of his two best friends and neither of them seemed really worried about him... I'm not okay with this. -_- the summary of this episode made me think of the scene where Jessie forced James to separate from Meowth in the episode "Pop goes the sneasel"

View: http://james-team-rocket.tumblr.com/post/170900489038/the-summary-of-todays-episode-strongly-reminds-me

but finally it was very different

Okay, in reality I am surely an oldchool fan so much adept of the proverb: "it was better before - in the past" I have a problem with the development of Jessie and James since 2011/2012, I often feel that the writers do not know how to write them or lack of creativity, imagination for them.

Since XY some writers were already making a lot of efforts but some writers like "Ohashi and the episode "The tiny caretaker" for example were really bad with the trio and made them really OOC in some scene by pure poor writing. Thankfully in Sun and Moon, this problem don't exist anymore.

In "Sun and Moon", all the staff are looking to please of the TRio fandom with a lot of fan-service, bringing back some details of the past like the traps holes, the fear of the boss, even the return of the background music of the boss etc.. they restore some points of their personality like their childish way of acting, the calm and the careful side of Kojiro which differentiates him from Musashi in comparison of her tantrums and her laziness but I am still nostalgic of the old Jessie and James (OS until the end of DP), I certainly ask for too much, I have sometimes the feeling that the elements of their BW / XY version remaining that not fit very well, it remain a little something that still does not fit in this new version of the "old Team Rocket"....

I can not explain exactly what I feel about them. I still love them a lot but not as much as before , I love the "Sun and moon version of Team Rocket" but I prefer the OS/AG/DP Rocket's. About the "new Team Rocket" they are still my only passion but I feel like I will never be able to find the pleasure I almost always had by watching their appearances in old episodes, this infinite pleasure to watch their dedicated episodes several times in a row, even when I know them by heart; In XY and SM each time I'm happy with some pictures, some actions of the TRio but it's all. I do not know, I'm happy with the "Sun and Moon rocket's" but I'm waiting for something more ... A deeper development?

I watched several times the episode dedicated to Kojiro, I was blinded by his cute moments with Hidoide (all the Kojiro's episode are pure gold for me) but now I realize that this episode did not have the real value in my heart of all episodes that were dedicated to him in the past and it is the case with all the episodes dedicated of the TRio actually. Something is missing, a magic is broken certainly because anyway I know that their strong bond with their pokémon despite their strength will be erased at the end of the arc when their pokémon will be forgotten at headquarters... All is pure fan-service without a good writing, a good script well built, in a "Sun and Moon" episode everything mixes in any direction.

Musashi, Kojiro, Nyarth is your best friend, your nearest pokemon and you let him be martyred by his Alolan counterpart without reacting just because the slapstick is funny or are you just stupid sometimes? Damn, this feeling of a lack of compassion for our poor Meowth really disturbed me here I really need subtitles to enlighten my lantern;

Maybe when I see the subtitled version my opinion will change to the better about this episode but for now I have not found this episode really good outside the fan-service. It was funny for some scenes however I really have a mixed opinion. My note is 6/10.

Exaggeration, everything is exaggeration in "Sun and Moon"...

(I wonder why Kojiro replaced his collection of bottle caps by a pokéballs collection ???)

Last edited:
Globally in first I liked this episode because it was filled with cute pictures/scenes of Kojiro and Musashi, it was a pretty good fan-service (the Meowth drama/bashing was exaggerated and annoying) but I have a big problem with the fact of Nyarth getting hurt a lot because of the Alolan Nyarth in front of his two best friends and neither of them seemed really worried about him... I'm not okay with this. -_- the summary of this episode made me think of the scene where Jessie forced James to separate from Meowth in the episode "Pop goes the sneasel"

View: http://james-team-rocket.tumblr.com/post/170900489038/the-summary-of-todays-episode-strongly-reminds-me

but finally it was very different

Okay, in reality I am surely an oldchool fan so much adept of the proverb: "it was better before - in the past" I have a problem with the development of Jessie and James since 2011/2012, I often feel that the writers do not know how to write them or lack of creativity, imagination for them.

Since XY some writers were already making a lot of efforts but some writers like "Ohashi and the episode "The tiny caretaker" for example were really bad with the trio and made them really OOC in some scene by pure poor writing. Thankfully in Sun and Moon, this problem don't exist anymore.

In "Sun and Moon", all the staff are looking to please of the TRio fandom with a lot of fan-service, bringing back some details of the past like the traps holes, the fear of the boss, even the return of the background music of the boss etc.. they restore some points of their personality like their childish way of acting, the calm and the careful side of Kojiro which differentiates him from Musashi in comparison of her tantrums and her laziness but I am still nostalgic of the old Jessie and James (OS until the end of DP), I certainly ask for too much, I have sometimes the feeling that the elements of their BW / XY version remaining that not fit very well, it remain a little something that still does not fit in this new version of the "old Team Rocket"....

I can not explain exactly what I feel about them. I still love them a lot but not as much as before , I love the "Sun and moon version of Team Rocket" but I prefer the OS/AG/DP Rocket's. About the "new Team Rocket" they are still my only passion but I feel like I will never be able to find the pleasure I almost always had by watching their appearances in old episodes, this infinite pleasure to watch their dedicated episodes several times in a row, even when I know them by heart; In XY and SM each time I'm happy with some pictures, some actions of the TRio but it's all. I do not know, I'm happy with the "Sun and Moon rocket's" but I'm waiting for something more ... A deeper development?

I watched several times the episode dedicated to Kojiro, I was blinded by his cute moments with Hidoide (all the Kojiro's episode are pure gold for me) but now I realize that this episode did not have the real value in my heart of all episodes that were dedicated to him in the past and it is the case with all the episodes dedicated of the TRio actually. Something is missing, a magic is broken certainly because anyway I know that their strong bond with their pokémon despite their strength will be erased at the end of the arc when their pokémon will be forgotten at headquarters... All is pure fan-service without a good writing, a good script well built, in a "Sun and Moon" episode everything mixes in any direction.

Musashi, Kojiro, Nyarth is your best friend, your nearest pokemon and you let him be martyred by his Alolan counterpart without reacting just because the slapstick is funny or are you just stupid sometimes? Damn, this feeling of a lack of compassion for our poor Meowth really disturbed me here I really need subtitles to enlighten my lantern;

Maybe when I see the subtitled version my opinion will change to the better about this episode but for now I have not found this episode really good outside the fan-service. It was funny for some scenes however I really have a mixed opinion. My note is 6/10.

Exaggeration, everything is exaggeration in "Sun and Moon"...

(I wonder why Kojiro replaced his collection of bottle caps by a pokéballs collection ???)

One thing I miss from Team Rocket from the AG/DP days was their singing and rhyming. A difference from their early days was how Jessie and James didn't really look at Meowth as their equal in the original series, but as time went on they felt more like a trio

A-Meowth showing up at the TR HQ was very unexpected and cool. I'm glad Giovanni gave the TRio credit for sending it over.

That remix of Giovanni's OS theme was a nice surprise. It was also good to see the return of the ole tried and true pitfall trap; I wish they'd do that more often.

i love the pitfall trap lol

Omode is the new Oohashi: discuss.

(LOVED the remix of Danka that played in the bar scene - another new one?!)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom