• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM066: Smash with Sketch! The Fierce Fighting Poké-Ping Pong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
New episode title.
Adamant said:
Announced on Pokénchi today. No summary, but we got a quick clip showing Ilima and his Doble playing Ping Pong.
Obligatory screencap:
Screenshot_2018-02-18-05-55-42-1.png

Last edited:
Here's a very low quality screenshot:
sm066.png

Announcement from the official anime site:
Adamant said:
テレビ東京・あにてれ ポケットモンスター サン&ムーン

The "Prince of the Pokémon School", played by Yudai Chiba, makes his appearance?!

Actor and huge Pokémon fan Yudai Chiba is going to be a voice actor in the anime!!
The role Chiba is going to play is that of Pokémon School graduate student Ilima.
This Normal type Trainer known as the "Prince of the Pokémon School"
will be accompanied by his Partner Pokémon Eievui.
He will appear in two episodes in a row, which will air Thursday March 8th and Thursday March 15th!
What kind of role will he play?!

Airing March 8th: "Ilima and Eievui Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!"
Airing March 15th: "Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!"

Obligatory screencap:

A Normal-type that left her Trainer for Ping Pong, and a Normal-type “Prince” that joins the game with his Normal-type Pokémon… coincidence?

Would be good if we got a reference to Ampibom, maybe by showing her becoming a champion in a TV cameo or something like this.

A Normal-type that left her Trainer for Ping Pong, and a Normal-type “Prince” that joins the game with his Normal-type Pokémon… coincidence?

Yeh, pretty much :p

As cool as it would be to get an Ampibom reference, I doubt the creative team cares... :(

To be brutally honest, I'd be even MORE surprised if they did go there.

If they can't be bothered to reference AG in XY when it was a good time to, what are the chances of them bringing up Ampibom in an episode that just so happens to have ping-pong?o_O

Last edited:
Great another competition episode to fill into the filler episode. Wondering, if the hosts going to be same old man that resemble fishing master & jump master coming to be judge of this match up again.

But I know is not going to happened. If it does, it will be another specious hint about that old guy could be possibility looker in disguised. That come to Alola to investigating the Ultra Beasts.

But I know is not going to happened. If it does, it will be another specious hint about that old guy could be possibility looker in disguised. That come to Alola to investigating the Ultra Beasts.

That's an interesting theory, I thought of something like that 30 years ago, was only born 27 years ago lol

During the Sumo tournament in the Decolore Islands, Ash referenced the Sumo tournament in Johto he participated in. However, that was BW, which had occasional references to other series. I still don't think it's out of the question Ash at least mentions he participated in another Pingpong tournament though.

Will he mention Serena's Braixen and Serena's Sylveon too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom