• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP08: Family Determination!

Ash, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana and Kiawe without Lillie are doing WTP for this episode. Or maybe Lillie is included in this segment, too.

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons
Ryan Andes
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Daniel J Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr.
Ben Phillips
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens

WTP

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrr-HNTGpPo

Fun fact: Ryan Andes (Hala's voice) is also in SMITE which features a ton of FUNi actors (Christopher Sabat, Carrie Savage, Sean Schemmel), some LA faces (Richard Epcar, Darin De Paul, Max Mittelman, Kaiji Tang, Bill Rogers) and some NY ones (Lisa Ortiz, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, Wayne Grayson).

*not that anyone will care but still*

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons
Ryan Andes
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Daniel J Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr.
Ben Phillips
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens

WTP

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrr-HNTGpPo

Excuse me, but who reads the WTP? for this episode? Ash and the alolan gang or Ash, Mallow, Hala, Sophocles, Kiawe and Lana? Believe it or not, Hala can be heard here.

Looking at the VA list, the presence of Melissa Hope and Riley Joseph indicates that they voice Wicke and Burnet whilst Bobbi Hartley voices Lusamine.

Could be wrong though

Looking at the VA list, the presence of Melissa Hope and Riley Joseph indicates that they voice Wicke and Burnet whilst Bobbi Hartley voices Lusamine.

Could be wrong though
Do you know who reads WTP for this episode? Ash, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles and Hala, or Ash and the Alolan Gang? I can hear Hala in this segment, so Lillie couldn't get involved.

They can't go back because Ash broke the machine lol.

Also poor Lille is traumatised again.

"Who knows what mother's going through?" ...oh I can imagine. This is anime and Nihilego is an interesting Pokemon.

Ash lifting the heaviest Pokemon in history. Dudes lifts. Although it's prob more "levitating". Or Ash can lift a 1000KG monster.

Z LILLE. Shame I'm already aware it doesn't last very long. Also she did it for little reason here. It's kinda reverse of the games because she did it to be more independent in the games... yet here she's LESS independent now after befriending and relying in her mum more. Weird that. And also because it was clear that she was dressed that way for a reason cuz Nihilego lol. No one brought that up here.

...also, dressing like that at night is weird. and Gladian nearly saw what every Pokemon fan wants to see. And lol, he knows his sister well. But if he doesn't want his sister to go, he shouldn't have mentioned he's going cuz that wouldn't end well lol. "Hey Lille, I'm just going to the shop for some cakes" and then he comes back a week later with Lusamine saved.

"Tell Officer Jenny." Pfft, this is Pokemon/anime - police are useless. Only 11 year olds can save the world.

If only Lille/Gladian had smart phones so you could track their phones. Oh well.

Pikachu can lift 1000KG too.

Lille blushing to her brother. Dammit Japan.

...how did Lille and Gladidan across the sea!?

Lille trying her best to push the statues lol. If only Ash and Pikachu were here, they can lift 1000KG.

Oh guess not lol. They would've died to skipes.

Invisible bridge. What is this, Digimon World 1?

Good job Sivally can jump far.

Dragon trial? guess so lol. I guess now we won't see Ash doing it. Or we will I guess if they wanna catch up.

Does he not have an Ice Memory? sucks to be him I guess. Oh Fairy? he really should've known that before hand and LOL, he got cockblocked. No type change for you mate. Interesting how they knew how a random manmade Legendary works. Also, Gladian can skate on Ice for some reason. Impressive. Also, Snowy needs more moves. Only having Powder Snow seems like a level 5 or below. Just gotta take one attack from a helper and she's out lol.

He one shot the totem? I guess this isn't Ultra with the berry and helpers being ten levels higher (which was a glitch in the original surely? the helpers being ten levels behind the Totem?) and I guess no Totem battle for Ash. ...how did they get past the no bridge?

Tapu Trolol.

Things are getting interesting. Shame this is the 8th of 8th aired, so I guess it'll be a while before I see more.

Do you know who reads WTP for this episode? Ash, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles and Hala, or Ash and the Alolan Gang? I can hear Hala in this segment, so Lillie couldn't get involved.
Closed captioning says it's almost everybody: Ash/Mallow/Lana/Sophocles/Lillie/Kiawe/Professor Kukui/Hala/Rotom Dex.

Alright the final of the marathon is here and just like yesterday's episode, quite a lot to talk about here. Lillie now being in her Z-powered outfit is just so good on her, and she's going with Gladion to Poni island to find Lusamine cool, everyone trying to find out what to do with Cosmoem was expected though I wonder if it'll be addressed more in next week's episode? Hala?? It's been so long! I'm actually surprised they brought him back since what over 40 episodes ago? Looks like the gang will have to go to Poni as well to find their friends too. So Lillie and Gladion were the ones to do the Totem Kommo-o trial.... Guess that means Ash can't compete for his possible Dragon Z-crystal. So finally we make to Poni and what's this they're playing "Under The Alolan Moon"! Again after listening to this song for days now I really dig it and the Tapus are waiting too huh? Setting quite a vibe for what's to happen next weekend I see. Really good episode we have here and oh yeah no TR so this so deserves another 10/10! Really have been enjoying these episode as of recent, Maybe this new season will great after all.

Closed captioning says it's almost everybody: Ash/Mallow/Lana/Sophocles/Lillie/Kiawe/Professor Kukui/Hala/Rotom Dex.
Wow, that's a lot. This should be fixed in the page with Ash and his friends, Professor Kukui, Rotom Pokedex and Hala doing the Who's that Pokemon? in the dub version.

What do the captions say regarding the moves that the Totem Pokemon and its allies use?
When they first show up, the Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o are [threatening], then Kommo-o is [appearing]. It doesn't say anything for the blue wind that knocks Lillie back, though the roaring/golden power-up thing means it's [furious]. The Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o are then [bracing] / [pained] against Snowy's Powder Snow and Silvally's charge. The blue wind shows up this time as [Clanging Scales move], and the big punch after that is just [exertion] (closed captioning can be kind of funny: Silvally had a [land] effect after all of its and Kommo-o's [exertion] and a two seconds after it actually lands). The Jangmo-o that attacks Gladion when he's about to use the Fairy Memory is [furious]. The Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o start [charging] after Lillie says she and Snowy will create a path together. Kommo-o starts [threatening] Gladion and Silvally on their path to victory, then uses [Clanging Scales move] to attack Gladion and Silvally after he throws the Memory. The last thing Kommo-o does is [exertion] as Lillie says that it's attacking (unless you want to count being [pained] after being attacked).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom