• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM075: Kapu-Bulul! Intense Lazy Training!!

Great Episode! Especially, where Ash's Lycanroc have learn Stone Edge and his Rowlet learn Razor Leaf. Making a great progressing for his pokémon to grow stronger. Can't wait for the grand trial episode the day after the next Thursday.

Edit: Also, it seems that Future Connection have become the V (Volt) of the Sun & Moon series. Guess, any time of excitement such as battle, working together and evolution will be the main insert song ever since from the start of episode 71.

Last edited:
@BigDocFan
Better don't watch it at HD because it always out of Sync all the time. Best method will be the High Quality. Which is what I watch it all to the end.

Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow when I can watch the subbed version as well

Nice to see Rowlet and Lycanroc learn new moves, not often two of Ash's team learn a new move in the same episoed

Believe it or not, the classmates actually did make a cameo during one of Ash's Lycanroc's flashbacks, the one where Ash battles Olivia and her Lycanroc during his second grand trial.

Wonder when I'll spot a good subbed version pop up. Last episode was pretty quick...

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that flashback with Ash and Rockruff in the rain is anything we've seen before? It doesn't happen often that they flashback to something that has not been in a previous episode.

Made up bonding memories for the win.

I enjoyed this episode. I thought it was going to be boring since I wasn't feeling it too much in the start, but we had some good bonding moments between Satoshi and his pokémon. This is the first time I've felt Satoshi knew one of his pokémon in a personal level, I loved the soundtrack playing during the flashbacks scene! I thought Future Connection worked nicely during the battle, unlike previous episodes they've used it in when it didn't fit. Cute and moving episode, and also good in terms of character progression.

But what do I care about all of that when I got to see Nyasu shaking water off his fur like a dog? That moment alone makes this episode great.

I actually thought this episode was kind of weird. Maybe it's just me being salty, but it seemed odd. Ash going to seek out the Island Guardian for such a minor task that literally anyone could have helped him with was...idk extra? That's the only way I can describe it. That said, I like that they portrayed Tapu Bulu accurately based on his dex entry and he was really amusing to watch. I especially liked when he pushed Lycanroc into the mud for no reason at all.

I didn't get the part where Ash just talked Lycanroc out of his rage. Previously he was unstoppable to the point of ignoring Ash completely, but here he's much calmer, listens to Ash's entire monologue, and then just gets over the rage out of nowhere. Why? The placement of it is weird as well. They literally could have put that part in the actual battle against Tapu Bulu where he was hurled into the water, had him go into his rage, and had Ash talk him out there. Meh, well at least we got to see Tapu Bulu slam rock dog with a tree; that was a treat.

Pikachu annoyed me when he just jumped on Rotom to try to save the bird and when he ditched Ash climbing the cliff. There was no reason for him to knock Rotom away when he was also trying to save Rowlet. Furthermore, he had no reason to literally abandon his trainer while he was climbing up the side of a damn mountain. I really don't get why this series portrays Pikachu as randomly being super uncaring to the people close to him. If it was another of Ash's Pokemon, I could accept it, but it's still so odd to see Pikachu portrayed in this manner.

Now onto my true beef with this episode, I have to say that the main reason I disliked it, was the fact that I feel like this could and should have easily been Acerola's Trial. Like I said before, Ash seeking out the guardian of Ula'ula Island to train his measly rock dog for a simple battle seemed so extra to me. Challenging Acerola's trial and battling Totem Mimikyu could have easily compensated for enough training. The battle with Tapu Bulu didn't even happen until the end of the episode nor did it have a true end. I guess the only thing that would have been difficult to do would have been the water rage thing, but that could have just been solved by moving the battle outdoors. I'm just so disappointed that the Island Challenge has been getting worse and worse as the series progresses.

I guess I'd give this a 6.5/10. Not terrible, but not something I'd re-watch.

The first half of the episode felt pretty slow and plain, but the second one picked it up right from the beginning. All in all, it's nice to see a proper "training" episode after so long, and the battle was interesting to watch IMO. It was kinda clear it wasn't going to be a full battle with an actual winner anyway, since so much of the focus was on Lycanroc's trigger problem.

For some reason I love the idea of Mimikyu already knowing the pose for its own Z-Move.

8aed9173-652f-45f2-9e9a-7d25939808ad.jpg

This is a perfect boy who deserves to loved and cherished...

I enjoyed the growing bond between Ash and Lycanroc and how Lycanroc learned Stone Edge, which is just one step away from him learning its signature Z-move. But I absolutely detest the reason it went berserk . I always thought him going mad by getting his fur wet/dirty was pretty...I won't say "stupid" cause that would be too harsh, but I will say "shallow".

I enjoyed the growing bond between Ash and Lycanroc and how Lycanroc learned Stone Edge, which is just one step away from him learning its signature Z-move. But I absolutely detest the reason it went berserk . I always thought him going mad by getting his fur wet/dirty was pretty...I won't say "stupid" cause that would be too harsh, but I will say "shallow".
@Gard81
I kinda doubt, during the battle with Nanu for the grand trial. The Rockium Z in his Z-Ring will go matrix into Lycanium Z since Splintered Stormshards is the upgrade attack of Stone Edge. Wasn't be surprised this Z-Move will be appear making a turning point for Ash and earn the victory over Nanu. Like what Ash inside the Ultra Deep Sea battling the ultra beast, Nihilego to rescue Lusamine from it grips.

@Gard81
I kinda doubt, during the battle with Nanu for the grand trial. The Rockium Z in his Z-Ring will go matrix into Lycanium Z since Splintered Stormshards is the upgrade attack of Stone Edge. Wasn't be surprised this Z-Move will be appear making a turning point for Ash and earn the victory over Nanu. Like what Ash inside the Ultra Deep Sea battling the ultra beast, Nihilego to rescue Lusamine from it grips.

I feel that the Pikachu Z-Crystal was a bit of a different situation than normal. I'd put decent money on Ash finding Lycanium Z next episode.

If we see some Ghostium Z though...well Rowlet will either get Ominous Wind or evolve.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom