• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP27: Dewpider Ascending!

They WTP segment is either Surskit or Dewpider.

Oh and Eileen Stevens voices Surskit since Viola's Gym Battle back on XY005 and XY006.

No doubt Michele Knotz will voice Masquerain, looking forward to watching the dub because the first half features nothing but mostly Pokemon

Wonder which ones actually speak

Despite my disappointment at Lana not catching Dew-pi-der, I enjoyed watching the original japanese version so can't wait for the dub

Hoping Poliwag, Goldeen, Seaking, Huntail and Corphish got speaking roles, even if brief

Meh. It's a 2/xx musically, only kept the title card and one battle theme when Surskit battled Dewpider (the one that plays before the Unova League theme in Japanese): the usual ep. these days in the dub.

Wedding March was replaced both times with dub variants in English, Goldfarb made his own versions of it so that's more or less that.

Very uneventful filler-ish episode in Japanese, and same in English on that front: script is okay, a lot better than the next dub episode's was, acting pretty much the same as usual for the mains, though Dewpider sounded good at least, but on the flip side, Araquanid sounds terrible and like that burly, deep voice TPCi like to give to every remotely evolved Pokemon in the dub these days. Sharpedo sounds too gruff as usual, but that's expected, while on the flip side Corsola sounds fine. A mixed bag, really, on the Pokemon's voices themselves.

Also, yeah, "Dew-pidd-der" is an odd pronunciation but I guess that's how you say it- you'd think since it's based off of "spy-der" (spider) they'd have gone with "Dew-py-der" but it is what it is.

All in all, the usual fare- at least way better than 72's dub: have a lot to say there, unfortunately.

Last edited:
LOL why did they make the pronounciation for Dewpider like Jupiter?? I get that they wanted to make the episode title sound like the movie Jupiter Ascending, but come on, TPCi clearly pronounced it the wrong way. It's supposed to be said like Dew-Py-Der, not Dew-Pidder. This is just like Ferroseed and Ferrothorn all over again

Meh. It's a 2/xx musically, only kept the title card and one battle theme when Surskit battled Dewpider (the one that plays before the Unova League theme in Japanese): the usual ep. these days in the dub.

Wedding March was replaced both times with dub variants in English, Goldfarb made his own versions of it so that's more or less that.

Very uneventful filler-ish episode in Japanese, and same in English on that front: script is okay, a lot better than the next dub episode's was, acting pretty much the same as usual for the mains, though Dewpider sounded good at least, but on the flip side, Araquanid sounds terrible and like that burly, deep voice TPCi like to give to every remotely evolved Pokemon in the dub these days. Sharpedo sounds too gruff as usual, but that's expected, while on the flip side Corsola sounds fine. A mixed bag, really, on the Pokemon's voices themselves.

Also, yeah, "Dew-pidd-der" is an odd pronunciation but I guess that's how you say it- you'd think since it's based off of "spy-der" (spider) they'd have gone with "Dew-py-der" but it is what it is.

All in all, the usual fare- at least way better than 72's dub: have a lot to say there, unfortunately.

It is a nice Episode! 8/10! So sad Lana didn't catch Dewpider!

And no Criticizing of dub please? for Peace! lalalallalala! If you don't like it, just ignore and no posting any negative stuffs only please???? Lallala It is a right way to pronounce Dewpider in some reasons! Maybe TCPi follows the British Pronunciation rather american one. "i" could be prounced in "ee" sound! I love the Pronunciation! lalalalallalalala..so creative!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom